Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 993TT Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:56 PM
vrus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are 2 progress shots of the interior with the steering wheel, aluminum rings and the passenger side Recaro seat mounted.

Last edited by vrus; 08-01-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:07 AM
Jussi
Pro

vrus: read also this
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/319163-worlds-fastest-accelerating-100-200kph-tt.html
thread..
I think, you are the next one on the perch
Old 08-17-2007, 03:18 PM
vrus
Racer

Today I put my Rennline battery mount & Odyssey battery into the car.

I am very happy with the Rennline package.. It has a nice racer look to it and the CNC aluminum pieces look great! I think its a great way to spend $150.

Here is a shot of what you get:

This is what it looks like when it is all assembled:

Just for comparison sake and so you can REALLY get an idea of just how small this Odyssey is, I took 2 pics along side the Duralast battery I had in the car.

And finally, here it is all tucked away under the hood...

I would recommend this to everyone.. Not only do you drop a good 20lbs off the front of your car, it also frees up alot of space in an otherwise cramped battery area. 2 thumbs up!!!

Last edited by vrus; 08-01-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:46 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

where did you buy the battery from fvd?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:55 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

How does the CCA compare between the two batteries?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

It's CCA is 380 vs the 700 of the duralast.. These are good racing/motorcycle batteries.. For the street we have to be careful.. IF the VOLTAGE of the battery drops the increase of amperage/draw does put strain on your wiring and components.. This battery weighs 24lbs..
Old 08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Hey vrus you have not posted any additional progress on your mods recently. Looking forward to seeing your transformation. Did you get other Recaro seat installed? Updates please...!!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rennline has the batteries and the mounts.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm sure you've looked at this, but from the overhead pic of the battery/aluminum mount, the positive terminal hook up looks pretty close to the aluminum bracket - be careful!
Old 08-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

I believe TB993TT has been using the same battery for a while and is very happy with it, I should also consider getting rid of my moby dick battery at some point in time instead of starving myself to death
Old 09-09-2007, 12:10 PM
vrus
Racer

Sorry for the lack of updates.. Business has been keeping me very busy so I havent had much time with the car..

The Fabspeed sportcats & mufflers ended up causing me some trouble.. They didnt fit properly so I had to send them back. After having the installation shop spend pretty much a full day putting in and taking out we finally gave up and shipped everything back. Fabspeed is replacing everything with new pieces rather than fixing the ones I sent. They tell me I should have them Monday or Tuesday... I'll try another install this week.. Hopefully that will wrap up that part of the project. Its a bit aggravating but at least they are working with me to correct the problems.

Over the weekend I decided to try and get the carbon interior put in... Below are some progress shots...

The lower door panels and the rear seat delete pieces are being recovered in black ultrasuede which is why they are missing in these pictures..

Installing the carbon is not for the faint of heart... I had to completely dissassemble the top half of the dash in order to get to the instrument cluster area...

The carbon door panel, radio and A/C surround as well as the switch housings just in front of the gear shift lever and instrument cluster are all installed.

I still have to install the other door panel, the left side of the steering wheel as well as right side continuing on from the radio surround to the right vent. I am also going to try and get the blue Porsche belts installed today and try to reassemble the car.

Once I get back the pieces I sent out for recovering , the interior will be done.. I'll post a completed interior picture once I reassemble it and make it look like a Porsche again.. LOL..

In the last pic you can see what the instrument cluster looks like now with the aluminum rings and the carbon backsplash.. Its starting to come back together..

BTW: Does anyone know how to remove the fuel door release **** and the headlight switch??? I need to get those 2 pieces off in order to put the carbon in place. I am stuck...
Attached Images     
Old 09-09-2007, 12:37 PM
vrus
Racer

Jean,

The Odyssey 925 is good for roughly 1 week in a car that does not get driven, at which point it doesnt have enough cranking power left to turn the car over.. I just discovered that bit of info this weekend.

If your car sits for long periods of time, you will have to keep a trickle charger plugged in to it. Other than that, the kit that Rennline has is great and looks the part also..

Originally Posted by Jean
I believe TB993TT has been using the same battery for a while and is very happy with it, I should also consider getting rid of my moby dick battery at some point in time instead of starving myself to death
Old 09-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by vrus
Jean,

The Odyssey 925 is good for roughly 1 week in a car that does not get driven, at which point it doesnt have enough cranking power left to turn the car over.. I just discovered that bit of info this weekend.

If your car sits for long periods of time, you will have to keep a trickle charger plugged in to it. Other than that, the kit that Rennline has is great and looks the part also..
no can be, I hardly drive my car in summer, so I will keep the big battery....and eat less Big Mac.

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

Carbon fiber looks awesome. Love the door panels. Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by vrus
..The Fabspeed sportcats & mufflers ended up causing me some trouble.. They didnt fit properly so I had to send them back..
I told you about Fabspeed, their quality is quite bad..
But also their customer service sucks.. they haven't ever answered to my complaint about headers.
If you know them better, could you send my regards to them from Finland

Quick Reply: My 993TT Project