993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Help! Is This An Aero Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 02:06 PM
Tricone
Intermediate

Default Newbie Help! Is This An Aero Kit?

In my quest for the 'right' 993TT, I found that pics of the front bumper areas differ. In doing my research, I found that basically there are two variations . . 'standard' and 'aero'. (I've uploaded pics). I also assume that the bumper type with the brake-cooling ducts are part of the Aero Kit that can be ordered with the car from the factory at time of purchase. I also assume that a 'standard' bumper can be converted to an 'aero' bumper after-the-fact.

If my assumptions are correct, what is the approximate cost and ease of this conversion? Is it easy to find an original kit, or are aftermarket kits more often used? Are there reputable shops that can perform this conversion? (I'm in No. California). OR . . should I just look for a TT that already has the aero kit?
Attached Images   
Old 01-06-2007 | 02:20 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

That looks like a standard Euro turbo bumper with the turbo ducts.

Here's my Euro turbo bumper wiithe the turbo ducts and turbo S lip

Front side view

I've also switch the rear tail from the standard turbo tail to the Turbo S tail (or I think its also called the Aero II kit) Good Luck.
Old 01-06-2007 | 02:23 PM
Tricone
Intermediate

Tony,

Very NICE!

Is the standard Euro Turbo Bumper readily available? Any idea on the conversion cost (approximate)?
Old 01-06-2007 | 02:33 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Yes, they are. I'm not sure of prices. But I know that you can get the entire set up (bumper and Turbo S lip) from Gert

The Turbo S tail (mine is an OEM piece)... you just have to get lucky and find one on sale. But I've heard that you can get an after market turbo S tail for much less.
Old 01-06-2007 | 02:36 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

FVD has everything you need you can basically replace the fog lights yourself with the turbo s brake ducts without having to replace the whole bumper cover, fvd sells that part as well

Best of luck

Sebastian
Old 01-06-2007 | 02:46 PM
Tricone
Intermediate

FVD?
Old 01-06-2007 | 02:50 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tricone
FVD?
http://www.fvd.de
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:22 PM
Tricone
Intermediate

Can anyone kindly provide the Porsche part number for this "standard euro turbo bumper with the turbo air ducts"? I'm not really interested in the lower lip, and I didn't see the actual bumper at fvd (without this lip).
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:56 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

You can easily convert your USA bumper to Euro by simply removing the bumperettes and filling the holes. A good body shop can do that for you. There are many different styles of brake ducts to replace the fog lamps... some have round lamps, some have trapazoid lamps, and some (like my car) have no lamps.

Quick Reply: Newbie Help! Is This An Aero Kit?