2007 993 and 993 TT Calendars

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 12:42 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2007 993 and 993 TT Calendars

NOTE: This is a cross post from the 993 forum. Last year I had a few people ask me to do the same thing specifically for turbos. So for those of you who haven't seen this on the 993 NA board....

Allright people, I think I"m ready to get going on this. I've got my website ready to start accepting photo uploads and I've got some logistics done.

For people who don't know what I'm talking about - last year I put together a 993 calendar using photos provided by people from the group here. I had the calendars made at a printing company so that we had real, honest to goodness calendars like you'd find in a store - minus the shrink wrap. These are NOT home printed or photo service printed calendars that look like inkjet prints on card stock paper. They are screen printed on glossy coated stock in 8.5" x 11" format, staple bound, not spiral hole-punch bound.

Now, a couple VERY key points first.

Copyright - READ the copyright before uploading. Do NOT submit a photo taken by someone else - even if it is your car in the photo. That does not give you copyright permissions. If you think you own the copyright, please email me and let me know first. I don't want to get in trouble here.

Technical Requirements - These will be blown up to 8.5 x 11 at (hopefully) at leat 180 dpi. (8.5 * 180) * (11 * 180) = 3 MEGAPIXELS. If your photo is anything less, it will look watery when blown up. Please submit your ORIGINAL photo. Don't modify or resave the photo because that will most likely reduce the quality. I will do post processing to get it ready. Of course, if you are doing your own post processing to create any special effects, then please save it with no compression.

Copyright - Did I mention this before? This is important.

Profit - I am going to size this exercise to break even. I am NOT trying to make a profit. If I do end up turning a profit - it will be immediately turned over to rennlist in the form of a donation and NOT a membership contribution for me.

This Year - I have 2 seperate galleries on the website - one for turbos and one for non-turbos. I'm sure it is self explanatory. If I get enough of each, I will make a calendar of each. Depending on how quick I get enough photos, I hope to have this year's calendar be a February 07 - March 08 calendar.

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback on last years calendar and for the numbers estimates provided on this and the other thread. It will certainly help me accurately size the order so I can sell every last one and not have excess stock on my hands while minimizing the cost per calendar at the same time.

Now... GO HERE to submit your photos.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are still authorized to use mine from the '06 calendar.. But I realize you may want some new faces...
Old 12-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Brian,

I will not miss the boat this time...
Old 12-19-2006, 07:21 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Brian,

I will try to get some new pictures of Rufus, if you think you'd like to use them. I'm waiting for a couple of more things that Santa is bringing....
Old 12-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Brian,

I'm not sure if its just me but I can't get the link to work. I'll keep trying.

Link works... it was me.

Last edited by Air Kuul TT; 12-20-2006 at 10:43 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-20-2006, 07:24 AM
kennyboy
Instructor

haven't got any decent photos to contribute but add me to the list for a copy of the calendar.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tony my man!!! I see you got logged in. Couldn't find what might have been up. Everything look good now? Your photos sure do... thanks a lot!

Steve - I've got Rufus (Mr. December) opened up in my office right in front of me. As long as I put out a calendar, it will certainly need a shot of Rufus! You even inspired me to get rid of my headlight washer nozzles - in my photo above. Although I can't do without wipers just yet.

Thanks Bob. If you end up having a different shot I'd love to include it.

Thanks for you guys' support on this! Although you're killing me! Making my measely little NA 993 look tame... or as tame as a Guards Red 993 RS wannabe can look.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

By the way Tony... is that Rufus I see in your reflection of that one shot?

Who does you guys' action photos? I really like them.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:53 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Brian,

Thanks for the comments. Tony's avatar action shot was done by me in Moorpark. The Rufus action shot in last year's calendar was done by Jan, the wife of a Rennlister... FbFisher on our way uo the 101 in central California. The Rufus shot in my avatar was done by CP's daughter Melissa. I use a very wide angle lens (15-30) on my Canon 10D, and set the shutter for 1/60th, and then hand the camera to any passenger and show them which button to press.

BTW, I looked through your "photography tips" on your web site. Good information... even as a reminder.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Brian,

Thanks for your kind words...

Yes, that is the relection of RUFUS that you see on my passenger door... Again, that was Steve (OFE) who took the pix... When is the cut off to get the pix into you? I have a date with C.J. on the 30th with his "new to him" 993TT 3.8 Andial. We'll have more pix then...

BTW, since I missed the order last year, I'll be ordering atleast 10 this year.

Thanks for your effort Brian.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by BS911
By the way Tony... is that Rufus I see in your reflection of that one shot?

Who does you guys' action photos? I really like them.
BTW, Brian... I took the liberty and sent you Mr. Shepley's beautiful Polar Silver 993TT (3.8 FVD).
Old 12-21-2006, 01:09 AM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool Tony! Don't worry - you have plenty of time. Looks like the Turbo calendar is off to a quick start! Not that we'd expect anything less out of the turbo crowd. I can't wait to start compiling things.

FYI: I will be out of town all next week and starting up again the first week of January. Top that off with this thing where I ... APPARENTLY... just bought a new house and I don't think anyone needs to worry about me going too fast on this project. Thanks again!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Cool...how many can I upload before being considered annoying?

DOH!...I double clicked and uploaded duplicate copies, I can't fiqure out how to delete the extras.......sorry.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:41 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by BS911
Top that off with this thing where I ... APPARENTLY... just bought a new house and I don't think anyone needs to worry about me going too fast on this project. Thanks again!
Congrats Brian... Happy New Year in your new house
Old 01-23-2007, 05:13 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello my Turbo friends.

I have been compiling the photos for the calendar here and ... well... I'm a few photos short for the 993 TT version. So I want to throw out another call for some turbo pics. Especially if we could get some white, guards red, or blue specimens in the mix.

Thanks all.

Quick Reply: 2007 993 and 993 TT Calendars