Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 993 TT vs. Modded Honda Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 09:29 PM
John.
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who cares how fast it is in a straight line. When these kids talk 1/4 mile times I tell them, sure your car may be fast there, but would you like to hang around and see what happens in the 1/2 mile or 1 mile run?

The whole idea of taking a Porsche to the drags is silly anyway. The cars are built to be great all around high performance cars, not drag cars.

If you want to go fast in a straight line, just buy a bike. In the end you spend less money and time and you get something that is untouchable. $20,000 in a Mitsubishi engine is totally crazy. I just wonder where these guys get that kind of cash to drop into a cheap car...

As for the Honda being able to do it, well, throw enough manifold pressure at it and it is very possible, but again, who cares???
Old 12-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Skytop
Racer

Wink

Two weeks ago I was at an autocross here in the Tucson area. Not too many cars but the car that was clearly the hottest amongst Z06, ZR1, boxster cars was suprisingly a super hot little Toyota Celica GT. Don't underestimate these little buzz bombs.
Don't sweat it....there is always going to be some pretenders to the 'throne.' Drive your P car and thoroughly enjoy it.
Like the man says, "I know which one I'd rather be driving!"
Old 12-11-2002, 11:03 PM
Skytop
Racer

Wink

Two weeks ago I was at an autocross here in the Tucson area. Not too many cars but the car that was clearly the hottest amongst Z06, ZR1, boxster cars was suprisingly a super hot little Toyota Celica GT. Don't underestimate these little buzz bombs.
Don't sweat it....there is always going to be some pretenders to the 'throne.' Drive your P car and thoroughly enjoy it.
Like the man says, "I know which one I'd rather be driving!"

Quick Reply: Porsche 993 TT vs. Modded Honda Civic?