Sponsored by:

What's your choice? 97 993TT or 06 997

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:36 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by TEMPELTON
Pero tron....cómo comparar un biturbo con una carraca de 997? cómprate el 993...vamos hombre!!!!
more ..more..
Old 11-02-2006, 06:28 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uh, my 993 didn't come with that as standard equipment.
anyone know the option code for that ****!!! me likes. whoa.

the closest thing i come to tail that hot, i hate saying it...is, well, you know, the 993. let me also state now, just in case the wife, for whatever reason, however remotely unlikely probable (better chance of a cow growing wings and taking flight) my wife is reading this board:

"HONEY . I LOVE YOu. ILOVE THE KIDS. YOUR **** LOOKS WONDERFUL, and YOU'D NEVER KNOW YOU HAD 3 GORGEOUS KIDS. THAT WOMAN MEANS NOTHING TO ME. ITS LIKE ADMIRING A STEAK ON SOMEONE ELSE's PLATE. (let me take that back...reverse..) (well frankly, i'm not sure what you say because she reads this post, i'm eating crow for a tad...oh yeah i got it...) AND JUST TO PROVE MY LOVE I BOT YOU THIS NICE WHITE GOLD CAR KEY CHAIN HOLDER THAT SAYS PORScHe ON IT. I KNOW YOU LIKE WHITE GOLD!" ...."WHAT< YOU THINK I BOT IT FOR MYSELF??? NOW THAT IS INSENSTIVE....WHY DON'T YOU TAKE SOME TIME TO THINK ABOUT THAT AND HOW ITs the THOUGHT THAT MATTERS, AND WHILE YOU DO THAT, I NEED TO BLOW OFF SOME STEAM SO I'M HEADING OUT, ALONE TO CALM DOWN, IN THE 993 TURBO. IT MIGHT TAKES SOME TIME BECAUSE MY FEELINGS ARE REAL HURT, SO DONT WAIT UP."

what i'm saying is....i need that **** option in that photo.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
uh, my 993 didn't come with that as standard equipment.
anyone know the option code for that ****!!! me likes. whoa.

the closest thing i come to tail that hot, i hate saying it...is, well, you know, the 993. let me also state now, just in case the wife, for whatever reason, however remotely unlikely probable (better chance of a cow growing wings and taking flight) my wife is reading this board:

"HONEY . I LOVE YOu. ILOVE THE KIDS. YOUR **** LOOKS WONDERFUL, and YOU'D NEVER KNOW YOU HAD 3 GORGEOUS KIDS. THAT WOMAN MEANS NOTHING TO ME. ITS LIKE ADMIRING A STEAK ON SOMEONE ELSE's PLATE. (let me take that back...reverse..) (well frankly, i'm not sure what you say because she reads this post, i'm eating crow for a tad...oh yeah i got it...) AND JUST TO PROVE MY LOVE I BOT YOU THIS NICE WHITE GOLD CAR KEY CHAIN HOLDER THAT SAYS PORScHe ON IT. I KNOW YOU LIKE WHITE GOLD!" ...."WHAT< YOU THINK I BOT IT FOR MYSELF??? NOW THAT IS INSENSTIVE....WHY DON'T YOU TAKE SOME TIME TO THINK ABOUT THAT AND HOW ITs the THOUGHT THAT MATTERS, AND WHILE YOU DO THAT, I NEED TO BLOW OFF SOME STEAM SO I'M HEADING OUT, ALONE TO CALM DOWN, IN THE 993 TURBO. IT MIGHT TAKES SOME TIME BECAUSE MY FEELINGS ARE REAL HURT, SO DONT WAIT UP."

what i'm saying is....i need that **** option in that photo.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:38 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

that is probably thre greatest picture i have ever seen. Oiga vale hombre de espana
Old 11-02-2006, 09:07 PM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Say hello to my new phone wallpaper (thank god the girlfriend's temporarily over 2000 miles away, or I'd be shot right about now)...

Muchas gracias Señor Templeton... esta muy linda... muy muy hermosa....
Old 11-02-2006, 11:14 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And the true 993tt junkie says "Why doesn't that car have sport seats!"
Old 11-03-2006, 03:44 AM
Ima2nr
Instructor

"Can anyone comment on the driving differences between a TT and a 4S?"

-its like dating a nympho supermodel vs dating a virgin supermodel... they both are great to look at, but only one will make you wish you had her back LONG after she's gone...
Old 11-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have both cars and I enjoy them both.

The 993TT is sooo addicting that I found I could no longer find roads safe enough to really test all the car had to offer and wound up making a track beast out of the car. I have 60+k miles on the car and over 16k track miles.
As stated above, once you have the awesome power and torque of the TT combined with the perfect body, the really is no substitute.

That being said, I bought an '06 997 C4S Cab for the "other" side of my P-car driving experience. I wanted an open car and I personally like the 997 open cars better than the 993 open cars as far as styling. I bought a car w/o the new fangled gadgets (no Nav, no Sport Chrono....) but with A LOT of leather trim. My goal was to recreate a car that would allow me to enjoy the most current car Porsche has to offer but allow me to feel the heritage of the company. I have a '61 Roadster that is an amazing car but, as you can understand, you just can't park it wherever you like. The 997 is great fun to drive and the AWD system is fantastic. The car car be pushed really hard on a "spirited" drive through Amish country and also take the family out for a fine meal. However, the car can be replaced rather easily if something horrible were to happen...........no so with my 356 or the TT.

If I were you, I would NOT part with your other cars for the 997. You will always be able to pick up a 997 whenever you want. If you must eliminate a car for the 993TT (and only the TT version) than it makes some sense. I would find another way to pick up a 3rd P-car for your stable.........you only
live once.

But if you must sell:
Shoot me some pics of your Targa and the 64 Coupe, I may be interested...
Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rob,
The 911 is spectacular. If I were you, I would not sell it.

But I'd be honored to care for her some day if you feel you need to make a move.

Quick Reply: What's your choice? 97 993TT or 06 997