Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bay Area/Carlsen Drive - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006 | 09:41 PM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Default Bay Area/Carlsen Drive - PICS

Not sure how many of you were there, but it was a great turnout (thanks Brian for organizing it!).

Only saw 2 other 993tt's but they were sure nice! Several other beautiful normally aspirated 993's as well. Any of you on rennlist??

With Kirby's permission, here's a link to the picture he took of my car. Other pics as well…

Nice pics kirby as always!!!

http://www.itzkirbphotography.com/ga...2_itemId=21157

Kevin
Old 11-07-2006 | 12:31 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Kevin,

I was there with my son in our Black 993TT. It was his first car guy event and he really enjoyed the drive up as we had Lambo's, Ferrari's, a Ford GT and a new 997TT all around us.

Hal
Old 11-07-2006 | 01:42 PM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Hal,

You're car looked and sounded great! It was sure fast too! I was behind you for part of the drive. Thought it had to be a modded 993tt. Some great cars out there this past weekend.

Good to know that a 10 year old car can still keep up with the best of them!

Kevin
Old 11-07-2006 | 02:13 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

I was behind the Challenge Stradale on the Old Riverside Rd part of the drive and we definitely were at least keeping up with him.

My car is "mildly" modded relative to others on this forum, just Kevin's stage 1 turbos, a hotted ecu and muffler bypasses for the most part.

We saw your GR turbo and were admiring the sports seats and stuff. My next wish list items are a fat 3 spoke steering wheel from Gert and aluminum gear shift **** and e-brake handle. While GT3 seats sure look great, I am not sure I want a racing type seat for my mostly street driving.

Hal
Old 11-07-2006 | 02:31 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Hal,
which steering wheel are you looking at from Gert?
Danny
96 993tt
Old 11-07-2006 | 06:06 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

I was told that the extra thick (CPZ) one is really nice. Do you have this or are you thinking of upgrading as well?
Old 11-07-2006 | 09:16 PM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Hal,
Funny. My mod list is the same. I picked up a thicker 3 spoke and have ordered the airbag from Gert. Also looking into the shifter **** as well. I am thinking of swapping out the seats for GT3 buckets and holding on to the sport seats. Will definately want to keep those and put them back in when/if I sell the car since they are worth $$$. Also hoping to get some red belts as well.

Car already has ECU, muffler bypass, DV's, Pss9's, clutch/LWFW, Ruf 19's. Next up - Kevin's turbos!!!

Sounds like we could have red and black twins when we're all done!
Old 11-07-2006 | 09:45 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Kevin,

All those things really "update" the look of the interior! I have a 530i with a 5-speed for my daily driver and it has a really nice M steering wheel. The 993TT stocker feels like a pencil in comparison.

You will definitely LOVE Kevin's turbo upgrade! Significant butt dyno impact! Helps us keep up with Ferrari's and Lambo's!

I would be happy to let you take a spin in mine if you want to see what they are like.

Hal
Old 11-08-2006 | 03:55 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hal m
Kevin,

I was there with my son in our Black 993TT. It was his first car guy event and he really enjoyed the drive up as we had Lambo's, Ferrari's, a Ford GT and a new 997TT all around us.

Hal
Can I be the triplet of the group? FWIW, used to live up the 101 in the city. Oh, I also have red belts!
Old 11-08-2006 | 01:22 PM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Hal,
That would be great! Debating when to do the turbo swap. Stock turbos seem to be running great at the moment. Car has about 45K miles on the clock. Hate to replace good parts, but really hoping to up the power! a ride in your car might just put me over the edge!!!

We should get together for a drive one of these days. Would love to get a ride in your car. Brian, next time your on this side of the pond you're more than welcome to join as well!!!

Kevin
Old 11-08-2006 | 01:30 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Kevin,

Sure thing. A Saturday or Sunday morning works best for me.

Brian, you are certainly welcome as another sibling!

We used to have a great group of 993 people get together regularly. We have the BAR Yahoo group, but have not done much since the last ViperBob BBQ at Pong's. Would love to revive the drives!

Hal
Old 11-08-2006 | 01:48 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Hal/Kevin,

Thanks for the invite (bad form for just inserting myself into your thread). Might be a while, tho; life over here's really OK. I get back to SF quite regularly, but old TRPLBLC (god I miss that plate) stays here.
Old 11-09-2006 | 02:46 AM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hal m
Kevin,

Sure thing. A Saturday or Sunday morning works best for me.

Brian, you are certainly welcome as another sibling!

We used to have a great group of 993 people get together regularly. We have the BAR Yahoo group, but have not done much since the last ViperBob BBQ at Pong's. Would love to revive the drives!

Hal
That's awesome Hal. I'll shoot you a PM. Getting some of the interior pieces in this weekend, but maybe next weekend if you're around.

Heard about those get togethers. Spoke with ViperBob about them and sounds like they were a blast. we need to get those going again!

Kevin
Old 11-09-2006 | 02:47 AM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bb993tt
Hal/Kevin,

Thanks for the invite (bad form for just inserting myself into your thread). Might be a while, tho; life over here's really OK. I get back to SF quite regularly, but old TRPLBLC (god I miss that plate) stays here.
Now you just need to pick up another 993tt that you can keep here in the states for good measure!!!
Old 11-09-2006 | 05:37 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kmy
Now you just need to pick up another 993tt that you can keep here in the states for good measure!!!
I'm having a "slight" problem with this suggestion and need your illumination: How does one stay married?

Quick Reply: Bay Area/Carlsen Drive - PICS