Sponsored by:

Air intake temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:44 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air intake temp sensor

Just received a replacement from VB and was hoping someone could post a photo of where I can find this piece to replace it.

Bob said I need to remove the shroud around the IC and then I will find the sensor near the throttle body.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Hal it's located on the right side of the IC just in front of the throttle body. You can't miss it. Sticks out at 3:00
Old 05-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hal:

The sensor is easy to find. I wish I had a photo to post from work, but I think I can describe it well enough to make it obvious.

This sensor actually mounts into the intercooler in the center tank castiing. The sensor comes into the intercooler casting from the passenger side, just before the instercooler meets the throttle body. If you were to remove the intercooler, this is the one sensor you would need to disconnect. The sensor / connector is the type that uses wire bail type lock common to much of the Bosch stuff. Make sure you depress the wire retainer when removing the plug from the snesor.

The sensor uses one hex socket type bolt and seals with an o-ring. Be sure to wipe clean the bore the sensor goes into and lube the o-ring on the new sensor before installation.

Enjoy.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:31 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Kevin and Jim!

Can I use some white lube for the o-ring?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

The best lube is Master cylinder assy lube/oil. You can buy it at a NAPA store.. It will not break down viton or rubber seals. White lithium will work in a pinch.

Quick Reply: Air intake temp sensor