Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And his name was Dietrich.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JJayB
Today, I enjoyed my day of freedom, breathing fresh air and relishing a Tangueray Ten martinini properly made, with an olive in a chilled glass before pouring the clear soothing Gin. The Tangueray is for special occasions.

If it were your license which would you choose?
Tangueray Ten, very nice! I'd pour the martini itself into the chilled glass, stir it around, pour it out so the martini left is a thin layer on the inside of the glass. Then I'd put an olive in it, fill it up with 'Ten and have the martini "swimming" on the top of it.

Then I'd figure out a way to tell the judge how you where intimidated and provoked to break the speed limit. That it wasn't as quick as the officers said, but you actually did a stupid thing. Then I'd check how the laser was calibrated, usually this needs to be done in a certain way and then also registered (at least here so it can no be altered) that it was done. Check if the officers did that.

After that you should be on your way to make your second Tangueray Martini..

GL!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:14 PM
John Welch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps convince the officer that he has won a vacation, maybe a cruise, that leaves July 17. If he doesn't show up to court, I believe you're good to go.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:45 PM
dbtk
Instructor

If you got caught (as I did in St. Louis county, MO) you can hire a lawyer for $75 and have the speeding ticket changed to a parking violation--no points!
Old 05-04-2006, 10:01 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know the whole story, but what i've read so far was pretty funny. Good luck JJayB.

I'm a good ole boy with no tickets *knocks on wood* so I can't help you at all, not to mention i'd be calling you for help lol.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Am I the only one that doesn't feel sympathetic? I don't have the full story but from what I gather is that you got nailed for doing over 120MPH on a public road.

You broke the law, and got caught... that simple.

Raise the speed limits? I don't need Mrs. Baker down the street chatting on the cell phone at 100 MPH in her Ford Excursion 4x4. If you want to raise the speed limit in the US then raise the driving requirements, or should I say ... HAVE SOME driving requirements. After that they can fix the damn roads.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:54 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
Am I the only one that doesn't feel sympathetic? I don't have the full story but from what I gather is that you got nailed for doing over 120MPH on a public road.
Raise the speed limits? I don't need Mrs. Baker down the street chatting on the cell phone at 100 MPH in her Ford Excursion 4x4. If you want to raise the speed limit in the US then raise the driving requirements, or should I say ... HAVE SOME driving requirements. After that they can fix the damn roads.
And they say electric shock therapy doesn't work....
Old 05-05-2006, 02:45 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico

I guess you didn't make it as one of OJ's jurrors.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:16 AM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Originally Posted by JJayB
I guess you didn't make it as one of OJ's jurrors.
Say what you will... I guess the bandwagon didn't stop by my house for this thread.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:06 AM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Drifto
Props to you for stating your opinion, the subliminal portion of this threat is to infom in a humorous way the fact that law enforcement is other than that, but in many cases revenue producing. I've won previous Lidar tickets when it became clear the cops don't play fair they only want to win. Lidar is not accepted science like radar because it can be manipulated by the operator by "Sweep Error". Also, police officers know a working guy fearing skyrocketing insurance rates will not challenge a gaget that says he did 120 or 80 mph, which guarantees a win for the cops. Most cops don't read operators manual and rely on the fact that on the hiway they win by bullying tactics.

Drifto; knowlege is power and by revealing the shocking facts to the thousands that I may help one, is satisfaction to me because thats what freedom is about. I don't advocate drag racing in front of grammer schools. But when the cops try to win by cheating I'm going to call them on it and "its that simple".

Tomorrow with my expert witness Paul Drake (not his real name cause he's in the witness protecton program) we will take measurement and line of sight photos of the scene. We'll have these photos's englarged for trial as it looks intimidating to bring them in to a court room. Judges like this. Most people are visual learners except for Stephen Hawking and Stevie Wonder they will not be on the jury. Go to the Enlarger in Santa Ana and they will make it poster size blowup from a snapshot. I like to get the one of me standing next to somone famous, like Michael Schmacher. Remember, we are going to tell our story and you must set the stage for direct examination of the offier witness.

Defendant: Officer, can you identify this photo.
Officer: Yes, it is the bus bench facing north bound 821 feet from the Krispy Krem donut emporium.
Defendant: How do you know its 821 ft?
Officer: I've used my Custom Pro Lidar gun to measure the distance on many occasions.
Defendant: Officer do you have your calibartion certificate for the Custom Pro lidar gun.
Officer: Errrr, the K9 unit dog ate it.
We hope this is the case as this would be a dismissal.

Jimmy the felon
993tt 3.8 almost stock
Old 05-06-2006, 06:06 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Jimmy - try finding a man who drives a 928 named RonH - he is quite experienced in this sort of issue. A conversation with him may do you well.

He is often on the 928 boards pissing people like drifto off to no end.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Originally Posted by BrendanC
He is often on the 928 boards pissing people like drifto off to no end.
Pissing people like drifto off?

I'm not pissed off, I'm putting forth my opinion. My opinion is such that if you are going to go over the speed limit then you need to be prepared to suffer the consequences, weither it be killing someone else on the road, getting a ticket, or wrecking your car.

I've gone over 150 MPH on public streets. It's not smart but I love speed just as much as the next guy. I just don't think that because my car is perfectly stable at 120+ on the highway it justifies me breaking the law.

Thats all I've said on the manner. I'm not out to take away your driving rights because you have a sports car. Hell my car makes 600+whp on high boost pumping out enough cancerous exhaust gas to make chernobyl look clean. It has seen it's fair share of craziness just the same. I just have a different outlook on responsibility.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:56 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Drifto

Can you tell us more about your 600+whp car? Maybe on a separate thread?..Welcome to the board.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:49 AM
prosper
Instructor

Drifto: Am I the only one that doesn't feel sympathetic? I don't have the full story but from what I gather is that you got nailed for doing over 120MPH on a public road.
Me:Jimmy or anybody here do not ask you for your sympathy,and so far Jimmy is only following the procedure required and allowed by the law.Me,just following the thread and to get experience from Jimmy,maybe, someday I got caught speeding too and want to fight it.

Drifto: You broke the law, and got caught... that simple.
Me: Jimmy broke the law,he know it,but if he can get away with it, why not? I would,heck
I think even you would,unless you like jail so much.

Drifto:I've gone over 150 MPH on public streets. It's not smart but I love speed just as much as the next guy. I just don't think that because my car is perfectly stable at 120+ on the highway it justifies me breaking the law.
Me: So you broke the law too,and if you get caught,would you be willing to spend long time in jail and get you driver license cancelled,by admiting to the judge all the way,or you fight it but still within the corridor of the law/system? I am sure you will fight it ! So you have a stablecar at 120+ and it do not justifies you breaking the law,but YOU BREAK IT BY DOING 150 anyway.What is your point here???
Ok I see, you are more macho then Jimmy cause he only doing 119mph.Point taken...

Drifto:Raise the speed limits? I don't need Mrs. Baker down the street chatting on the cell phone at 100 MPH in her Ford Excursion 4x4. If you want to raise the speed limit in the US then raise the driving requirements, or should I say ... HAVE SOME driving requirements. After that they can fix the damn roads.
Me:Ok so I guess you have a perfect driving requirements for driving 150mph when your car only perfectly stable at 120mph

Drifto: Thats all I've said on the manner. I'm not out to take away your driving rights because you have a sports car. Hell my car makes 600+whp on high boost pumping out enough cancerous exhaust gas to make chernobyl look clean. It has seen it's fair share of craziness just the same. I just have a different outlook on responsibility
Me: Ok you have 600+whp non smog legal car,that is good,a lot of people here have it too,and yes it do not politically correct or responsible.Nobody here claims it is a responsible behaviour except you.
I can see how you have a very good outlook on responsibility with 600+whp pumping cancerous exhaust gas as you said it your self.You must be very damn proud of your car

Look Drifto,this thread is about making funny jokes to relief the tension of the problem Jimmy have,and you or me could have some day,because we like fast powerful car.We learn from the experience and it could help us.If you do not want to know about it,just leave us alone.We are having fun reading all the funny comments from everybody,until you show up.You just want to get people attention by talking different opinion,but the truth is,you also speeding.All your talk is not consistent.Does your 600whp car do not attract enough people attention already and you want more attention?
Old 05-07-2006, 10:18 AM
prosper
Instructor

Driftomagnifico: I'm not pissed off, I'm putting forth my opinion. My opinion is such that if you are going to go over the speed limit then you need to be prepared to suffer the consequences, weither it be killing someone else on the road, getting a ticket, or wrecking your car.
I've gone over 150 MPH on public streets.

Me:I salute you Drifto,you are not easy to **** off,very noble of you.
You also prepared to suffer the consequences when you go over the speedlimit.You are a perfect gentleman.
I would like to help you so you can fullfilled that dream of being a easy going guy,and responsible gentleman.
Could you kindly tell me where you do your speeding at 150mph along with the detail of the exact time and date,and it is better if you have witness to testify you doing so.Then I would submit all the data from you to your local police officer,so you can Take all the Responsibility for doing all those stuff and be very proud of it.You would admit everything to the police and do not try to fight it during the trial right?

Quick Reply: JJB's day in court tomorrow....