AX 22 -- Willing to share it with HP junkies

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts
Default AX 22 -- Willing to share it with HP junkies

I am purchasing an GPS based accelerometer AX 22 like the one I already have..Only I am buying it from the US this time.

I am willing to share it with some Rennlisters that would like to show us how fast their cars are, and people who are genuinely interested in knowing how their cars perform, away from dyno claims.

I will lend it to up to 10 guys maximum..

Interested guys can post here their interest or in private. I will decide who to include or not, based on my personal selfish interest . I will take one stock 993TT with stock weight for benchmarking.

I will post the results on one single chart where all the cars will be shown together, you need to share with me your best run! I will keep the suspense till the end when I have recieved all the runs

Should bring some fun and obviously transparency in all our claims and seat of the pants/dyno performance assumptions

More details on the mechanics will be shared later as soon as I think about them. This whole thing can start in a few days.. already have 2 people lined up in Florida.

Cars with more than 500 claimed HP will get priority!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Ziad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has 891.8 hp - can I join?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:08 PM
red993tt
Racer

AX22 datas comparison is only accurate if all the runs are done in similar conditions such as hills, wind and starting and ending speeds , ect...
That said, I am purchasing one myself and hope to have bench mark comparison between different tuners set ups as well as different Pcar models
Old 04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

im happy to volunteer as the stock motor TT.
Also, what GPS/data acquisition are you getting??
This weekend, i had the traqmate gps/data acquisition in my car for some run sessions at limerock. It was very impressive in terms of showing acceleration, braking, speed, etxc.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by red993tt
AX22 datas comparison is only accurate if all the runs are done in similar conditions such as hills, wind and starting and ending speeds , ect...
That said, I am purchasing one myself and hope to have bench mark comparison between different tuners set ups as well as different Pcar models
The biggest variable as you point out is how level the surface is, a slight downhill and you've gained 100hp easier than bolting on CNCed intercooler end tanks and a W flow filter
As long as users post their true running weight, ambient temp and 2WD/4WD it is easy to make accurate comparisons.

My 10 993tt wish list (in the US) in no particular order

Bill S (the fastest 490hp 993tt ever )
Rufus (awful name but a good benchmark for a Ruf R)
LAT (If it comes back this year - hope so )
Ed Purplett (MAF monster)
JJayB (Andial special)
K24Madness (DIY to show up the $$$ wasters)
Dknebes (sp) (The manic speedo can be verified)
Any EVO 540hp/600hp 993tt
One of Kevin's stage 1s
a 993tt with the aidiabatic (sp ) technology giving a claimed 8XXhp

A very generous offer Jean - a true Rennlister
Old 04-19-2006, 03:51 PM
red993tt
Racer

Toby
Kevin and I will be disappointed that our built 993TT are not on your top ten.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ziad, you have detuned it since last time I saw you? In fact my other unit is in Bahrain, hop in and get it from Mark's house for some fun!

Rob, since the unit will be going back to NY for its final trip back here, I see you as a very possible benchmark candidate, thanks for the offer

Red, slopes are very important of course, but I am on my way to being able to detect them with the help of the builders of the unit and some mathematical equations, no worries, I will know This is still much more accurate than any dynos out there.. Which one of Kevin's stages are you getting?

TB, nice list! DKnebes is already in.

I would just like to clarify that this is not a d!%k measurement exercice, and if someone likes to keep his results in private, I will be more than happy to respect that, but only after they send them to me

Com'on guys, where are those cojones!!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This will be interesting indeed. Looking forward to results.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:23 PM
red993tt
Racer

Originally Posted by Jean

Red, slopes are very important of course, but I am on my way to being able to detect them with the help of the builders of the unit and some mathematical equations, no worries, I will know This is still much more accurate than any dynos out there.. Which one of Kevin's stages are you getting?

!

Jean
Glad you have ways of eliminating the slope hill factor.
With the help of Kevin, we are building a 3.8L Twin Plugs with Kevin's off the shelf goodies such as GT3R crankshaft, custom designed Arrow rods, newly designed K24/26 turbos with 997TT compressor wheels, ect...Hopefuly it will ready to be tune by Gunter before Summer. Perfect time for our AX22 experimentation.

Vincent
Old 04-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Vincent, ouch!! The whole Werks, you will have a great "off-the-shelf bolt on kit" there .
So it is you who is keeping Kevin busy from building me those 997TT hybrid turbos? I agree, you do qualify I don't think you will be done though by the time the unit has to be back to Papa, but feel free to send me your contact details if interested!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 PM
red993tt
Racer

Originally Posted by Jean
Vincent, ouch!! The whole Werks, you will have a great "off-the-shelf bolt on kit" there .
So it is you who is keeping Kevin busy from building me those 997TT hybrid turbos? I agree, you do qualify I don't think you will be done though by the time the unit has to be back to Papa, but feel free to send me your contact details if interested!

Jean

Thank you. But I have placed one on order specifically for this project.
There's an advantage of having Kevin lives in the same neck of the wood.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Jean,

Please put me on the list. We finally got a break in the weather on monday. Would you like to see numbers before or after the header mod?

Header mod= cut off flange, port header kevin style and weld in new larger diameter short section before flange and larger flange equal to K24 inlet.

O yeah I have one million HP

Tom
Old 04-20-2006, 04:15 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

I'll have 4 interesting 993TT engines to AX22 test.. My 8500 (hopefully) full tilt engine, Vincents 3.8 high RPM engine, (sister engines), my mild built engine which is similar to TB's old configuration, and lastly Jean's FVD engine which I am using as a benchmark.. Which Jean can vouch for it's configuration..
Old 04-20-2006, 04:17 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by red993tt
With the help of Kevin, we are building a 3.8L Twin Plugs with Kevin's off the shelf goodies such as GT3R crankshaft, custom designed Arrow rods, newly designed K24/26 turbos with 997TT compressor wheels, ect...Hopefuly it will ready to be tune by Gunter before Summer. Perfect time for our AX22 experimentation.
Vincent
I didn't realise that such a beast was in preparation

You are going to need to spend some money on an intercooler to allow Gunther to really give you the torque curve which those components deserve.

BTW what are 997tt compressor wheels, I believed they were smaller than a K24 type wheel
Old 04-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Vincent, great news about the AX22 you're getting, looking forward to share files. That TT Viper you have seems to increase in value daily

K24 Madness, you are already part of the list before you mentioned it

Kevin, anytime you need it. If you have any of those engines installed within the next couple of weeks please let me know.

I will be asking for address details soon and sending all the interested parties details of the logistics. Still not many have expressed interest, I am a bit surprised Anyone (any engine configuration) is welcome to PM or express interest of course.

I need more listers in Florida and California, Maybe the "fastest 993 in the US" in Connecticut as well?

Quick Reply: AX 22 -- Willing to share it with HP junkies