Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 11:29 PM
bigimp65
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie

just posting to intro myself. am the lucky new owner of tjnif993t's 97. (see his prior posts for a run down on the car) found the car right here on rennlist, much thanks. tom has done a terriffic job maintaining and modding the car, it looks and runs great. look forward to picking some of your brains as i take over the care of this super car.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:35 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on getting such a great car. I don't remember the details of the car, but remember thinking that the car was very well setup, and would be a great car for anybody to own. Best of luck, and welcome aboard.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:38 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 210 Posts

Bigimp,

Welcome... I just cant belive he sold such a well sorted car... Looks like you got the good end of the deal!

Now you have to make it yours and post some pics!

Best,
Simon
Old 02-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BigImp,

Welcome to Rennlist and according to me one of the best sections, the 993 and 993 Turbo. You'll be amazed how much info there is in here, so I strongly suggest you get to know the advanced search function. Sometimes it just hits you back with too much information!

We where all wondering why the h*ll he would sell such a well sorted car. It seemed very neat and I guess the lucky new owner is you! Since we really didn't get many picture of the car, perhaps you could do us a favour and post some pictures of it? (Once you can get your butt from the car seat to the computer)

It says location: NJ under your Avatar. I guess that's New Jersey? Have you got good conditions to drive the car? Personally I've got 6 inches of snow outside my window and curse everytime these Californians show pictures from their latest events here on the board...
Old 02-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Rassel, although I would love to be in California, NJ isn't that bad as compared to places further north. For several years, I used to drive my 993TT year round except on days when there was snow, salt or ice. Inspite of these self imposed restrictions, the car stayed in the garage only for about 20 days a year (i.e. when I am around). Of course sometimes I was probably out of the country some days. We have snow on the grass but nothing on the road today. However it is quite warm and rain tomorrow will wash away most salt and melt the snow off. NJ weather is friendly enough; the potholes are another thing. I think the year round usage was good for my car. I never had anything go bad over years of continuous use. Also, a variety of conditions (hot, cold, etc.) is better at distributing wear and prolonging life. Who wants to drive only in summer in traffic (possibly wearing valve guides) when nice cool winter weather and zero traffic is so much better. On the extremely cold days if you continue with performance tyres, you may find a loss of grip though. And of course one cannot even attempt to drive these cars (AWD or not) in snow, ice, etc. with the stock perf. tyres.

bigimp, all the best. Enjoy the car.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:14 AM
tlark
Drifting

If I wasn't already an owner of a tt, I would have bought his. That car was ideal for me and the proof is how long it was on the market............not long !!
Old 02-16-2006, 02:07 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in NJ where are you? Myself and friend Dave have TTs and run with the NNJR PCA. Any interest in tracking ? Andy, in Hoboken.. Car is stored in Morris County
Old 02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
bigimp65
Advanced

i am also in morris county...would like to get some time behind the wheel on the road b4 i hit the track though...but am interested
Old 02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good idea : )
Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Very nice, congrats!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

im in nyc and also have a silver TT. im happy to join you guys for a ride once the roads are dry and unsalted.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:20 PM
nvrsetl
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats indeed! You have a very special car. Take good care of her.

Cheers,
Mark
96 993TT
Old 02-16-2006, 08:50 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Congrats.... Beautiful car.. Got to love the GT2 stuff... I told tjnif993 that his car was great and would sell very quick.. Glad that it is still around. And welcome to the board
Old 02-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Ziad
Rennlist Member

great looking car - congrats and welcome
Old 02-17-2006, 05:03 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ran
Rassel, although I would love to be in California, NJ isn't that bad as compared to places further north. For several years, I used to drive my 993TT year round except on days when there was snow, salt or ice. Inspite of these self imposed restrictions, the car stayed in the garage only for about 20 days a year (i.e. when I am around). Of course sometimes I was probably out of the country some days. We have snow on the grass but nothing on the road today. However it is quite warm and rain tomorrow will wash away most salt and melt the snow off. NJ weather is friendly enough; the potholes are another thing. I think the year round usage was good for my car. I never had anything go bad over years of continuous use. Also, a variety of conditions (hot, cold, etc.) is better at distributing wear and prolonging life. Who wants to drive only in summer in traffic (possibly wearing valve guides) when nice cool winter weather and zero traffic is so much better. On the extremely cold days if you continue with performance tyres, you may find a loss of grip though. And of course one cannot even attempt to drive these cars (AWD or not) in snow, ice, etc. with the stock perf. tyres.

bigimp, all the best. Enjoy the car.
Ran, perhaps you'll enjoy this one
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/252724-movie-can-one-drive-the-993-tt-on-ice.html

Quick Reply: newbie