Sponsored by:

Is 100K Km too much for a 993TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Kaza
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is 100K Km too much for a 993TT

Hi, I am looking at buying a 993Turbo, with almost 100K Km on it. The car had 2 owners and seem to be in a very good shape. I think it needs a new flywheel. Does anyone think that buying a Turbo with this much mileage can be dangerous, and when do you think I need to change the turbos. The car seem to be well taken care of, and the current owner has all the service records. Also what do you think this car is worth. The car comes from Geneva, Switzerland. Tx a bunch. Ziad.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 334 Likes on 224 Posts

One thing that I have noticed with turbochargers and engines that have come from Europe is that the snow/melt corrodes most all of the suspension and engine fasteners.. Actuators with holes rusted in them, wastegates that are rusted stuck open or closed.. Get a picture of the engine with the drip pan removed..
Old 02-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Peter S 993tt
Racer

That is why I don't drive mine in winter.

However - aside from the salt issue - the internals are well built - 100,000km is about 62,000 miles which should be no problem for these cars provided that they weren't abused and remained stock. As with any purchase I would have a thorough PPI performed.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Ziad,

First of all, it's great that you have the service record for the car. As usual, it depends on very much how the owner has driven the car. if you're unlucky, you need to replace clutch, first gear, suspension, turbos, oil lines, jadajadajada...

If it's taken care of, you might not need to replace a single piece. Check where the car was last serviced, call them and ask about the car. They should know a bit. If it was a Porsche Center that the owner frequently returned to, you should be able to get some history about the car and also what he has replaced on it.

To compare the prices in Europe, check http://www.mobile.de. If German isn't your strongest language, english is available also. You'll find at least 30-40 993 Turbos on that market. Good Luck and keep us updated!

Cheers.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Kaza
Advanced

Tx alot for the great advise. The car was in geneva, saw i think the snowing assumption does apply. I will get it checked. Re. the service records, all is available and done at a PSC. Tx Russel for the website reference. Ziad.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Gordon Attar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought one 3 months ago with 106k on. Only problems identified were:-
it would need new discs as they were a bit pitted rusty, check strap and slight weep from cam covers, and of course some stone chips front end other wise in very good condition.
4km miles later still no problems brakes are fine! car very solid and it cost less than €44k. So I would say higher mileage is fine especially with full records.

Quick Reply: Is 100K Km too much for a 993TT