How to remove coil?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Bill S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default How to remove coil?

Does anyone know an easy way to remove the coil? It's difficult to access the bolts with the engine installed.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Corte Loco
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remove the IC shroud. I you have the blower installed, then you need to remove some plastic parts. If need more space then remove the IC. I'm not using the blower, so I have some space to work. Be careful with the bolt/nuts that can easely drop and could be a PITA to find it.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Bill S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Corte Loco
Remove the IC shroud. I you have the blower installed, then you need to remove some plastic parts. If need more space then remove the IC. I'm not using the blower, so I have some space to work. Be careful with the bolt/nuts that can easely drop and could be a PITA to find it.
Do you mean the coil? The coil is mounted to the engine bracket near the rear bumper. It's very difficult to get behind the bracket to access the nuts even with the IC and blower removed. There's very little room between the bracket and the car body.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:34 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Bill, long time no see!

Bill, I'm going to have the same problem as my coil is mounted to the fan shroud. But, when you do get it out, you might want to fashion a separate mounting plate with four holes......two to remount on original holes, and two maybe one inch higher to remount your coil for easy access. That's what I'm planning to do as my cab did not have the coil there.

Jaime

Quick Reply: How to remove coil?