Sponsored by:

100,000 SERVICE UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:35 PM
simonrs
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100,000 SERVICE UPDATE

From a previous post, some may recall that my 97 TT was due for new shocks, brakes, and its 100,000 service. The work was completed yesterday, and having road tested the car last night, I am one happy camper.
I followed Gert Carnewals suggestion of keeping the standard in Australia M030 springs and just buying the Bilstein height adjustable shocks. They feel perfect for our grumpy West Australian roads.
The new discs and pads are bedding in nicely, and finally I have the car I thought I bought six months ago. It stops turns and accelerates as it was designed to do. Delicious.
We also replaced the belts, plugs, oil and filters (factory of course). Despite a complete service history from the factory Dealer, the belts had never been done and the alternator nut was welded tight. Common according to my spanner man. I am learning from this car, never to trust a dealer service history book.
I also managed to buy a Brey Krause harness brace from a former Aussie Rennlister yesterday, in time for the next hillclimb event. Now I just need some GT3 seats, 100 cell cats and Kevins turbos, etc, etc...............
On another note, it is sad to see from afar what has happened in New Orleans and surrounds. The footage shown here looks terrible. I hope these people get the help they need with the US being stretched. My familys thoughts go out to those affected. I have a liking for the writings of James Lee Burke featuring his Detective Dave Robicheaux, and this has given me a mental picture of the Delta regions and a regard for its people. Sad to see what has happened.
Rgds
Simon Line
Perth Western Australia
1997 993 TT sorted at last
1969 911 RS replica in fine fettle
1970 Morgan +8 5 ltr blunderbuss. Parts on the way to get it to turn and stop.
1968 Volvo 123GT
2004 Volvo V70R AWD Wagon
Old 08-31-2005, 10:41 PM
strato58
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 75 Posts

Congrats mate on getting your 993 up to snuff!...100,000 miles is pretty serious stuff...How is it at that milage? Any unusual squeeks and rattles or is it still tight as a drum...
I agree, God Bless all that have been affected by that terrible hurricane.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:46 PM
simonrs
Intermediate

Oops. 100,00 kms not miles. And it is as tight as a drum.
Rgds
Simon
Old 08-31-2005, 10:55 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Simon,
congrats, you have a very informative and thoughtful post.
I bought my 993tt out of New Orleans exactly 1 year ago
and saw the "levy system" that they thought would never
fail. I sure wish it hadnt, cannot imagine there daily routine,
no house, clothes, car, money, job...awful!
MK
Old 09-01-2005, 02:00 AM
VerySideways
Instructor

My '98 993tt is around 112,000km at the moment and is still tight as a drum. Yummy.
I miss it though - i am in North Carolina right now, go home in 8 days time.

As for the New Orleans thing, it's just terrible. Fuel shortage has hit NC now as people went out panic buying today (at $4 a gallon for regular). Looks like thousands of people have been displaced and have nothing left to go home to.

Hope everyone who has family and friends there have heard they are safe and sound.

Quick Reply: 100,000 SERVICE UPDATE