Sponsored by:

Andial 3.8 Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 03:13 AM
martyg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just my opinion...3.8

Andial no doubt is a great place to have a porsche 3.8 built. But..
and that is a big but...

I saw a twin plug out of a car when I visited them and look great but...for 45-50K.

I had my motor built 3.8 FVD by felix for 30K and that included niro ringing and a new 1st andd 2nd gear and alot of parts i am sure would not need to be replaced in your car.

The only problems I have had are normal tubo 10 year old car stuff. By the way ask Steve about the ride.

I talked in detail about Andial and Gulf Peformance with a few in circle that are in the know, I went with Felix. I wish you the best, and I think your motor no doubt will be awsome and blow you away. My gues is you'll be afraid of pulling 5-6K in the third gear like I was when I first got my car back, but thats what its all about. Just not sure if it would be worth 15 - 20K more money.

Best of luck. One cool thing I did was put a 1.5" 3.8 right next to turbo script in grey. Looks cool and lets everyone know the car is different.

Marty
Old 07-01-2005, 03:21 AM
Vince 97' 993 TT
Instructor

Hey Marty, did you have a SMZ from Stillen, or a moded 300 Z TT?
Old 07-01-2005, 03:27 AM
martyg
Advanced

Default Mod 300 TT

Best car I ever had. I loved it. After that I got tired of the insurance and bought the C2S. Wished I had never sold the 300.

Now I have this monster and will never go back but SMILES for miles with the 300. Everytime I see a 95 or 96 witch is not that often I get a smile.

thanks for asking.

Marty
Old 07-01-2005, 03:59 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by martyg
Andial no doubt is a great place to have a porsche 3.8 built.
I had my motor built 3.8 FVD by felix
Marty
Hi Marty,
It was Troy at Gulf that built your motor I remember seeing it being built, its deff. a beast!! Andial is one of the best for this as well, can't go wrong!!
Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Evan
Old 07-01-2005, 05:26 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by martyg
One cool thing I did was put a 1.5" 3.8 right next to turbo script in grey. Looks cool and lets everyone know the car is different.
Got a pic of this?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

martyg
Is your motor a 3.8 a twin plug? Did the block need to be machined for the spigots? I know I've seen your car before at Willow Springs some time ago but it was an Autothority engineer doing some testing. Was that you?
Old 07-02-2005, 07:55 PM
martyg
Advanced

Default Marty's 3.8

As far as troy or Felix Mr FVD. I live in CA so I only know what I am told.

See pix for 3.8 I guess its my opinion how it looks but you be the judge. I just wanted something. After all it is special and it kind of stinks there is know way to tell so I tried to make a statement. After I put it on I was drinving a few days later and this Asian guy with a really nice black c4s came up on me and checked it out in my blind spot for a few seconds. Other wise I do not think he would have checked it my car out.

No its not twin plug. Very important. The niro ring and the twin plug are where there is IMO a very big difference in the porsche builder groups. The niro on the 935 (I believe) Andial will not do. But Felix told me he doesnt do the twin plug. Just opinions I am not sure who to believe. One thing is for sure either way Anidal or Felix. A 3.8 litre with the right turbos is awsome. By the way I went with the mech valves and not factory for more HP and a little of the old school feel. Anidal will do my valve job next year and tune up.

Marty
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2005, 08:02 PM
martyg
Advanced

Default Autothority?

Back in 1996 this car up until about a year ago was owned by a guy named Gary Haw. He added HP right away and all kinds of mods. Autothority was the one at willow and this car was also the one in the MAG when Autothority had a good name. A Bad turbo from them and a bad build after that put this car in a garage without a motor for 4 years.

Best part of all is that Gary bought a C GT and I get to ride in it. I have been a passenger in a 360 M, driven a diablo and just being a passenger in a C GT cannot be described in words. Its the only car I have seen that I honestly thought was worth every penny. Simply amazing. I know it would be hard but try your best to get a ride. Pay for it if you have to it would be worth the ticket.

Marty
Old 07-02-2005, 09:22 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

martyg
Thank you for the response on your engine, more than one way to make power for sure. I know in my investigation that the mechanical cam makes more power, have you had any problem passing smog. I was considering this as a mod in spite of the labor involved. However, Kali-fornya is making modifying these cars more difficult. Also, thank you for clearing up the history, on your car. I knew I seen the car, which btw is a stunning in person.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:13 PM
martyg
Advanced

Default YES and MORE YES

NO SMOG HERE! VERY BIG PROBLEM!

I wish I new how much power I had so it could make up for the stupid sticker in my window.

But I do not believe it is the mech valves stopping the pass. The cams I think and the amount of gas I need for this engine.

But I will get the cert. You can pay on that.

I would say this is the biggest difference between my car and an andial car. But still I would go my way. you can ALWAYS get a cert. I cant always get 15K or so.

best of luck to Andial build.

marty
Old 07-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marty,
Why will Andial not do the niro for the 3.8 conversion? I was under the impression it helps reduce lift the heads.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:25 PM
martyg
Advanced

Default Well first

let me say that the Niro Ring is above my understanding. I get the point a little.

TRUE STORY

I brought my motor to them in the back of my pick up truck down to the very last bolt. Mitch and the owner(i forget his name) saw the cuts and said he would not do it this way. Also said I would need new P & C and turbos along with twin plug. take it or leave. thats it. I left it. He also told me that he only uses mehle so he would touch the FVD but my understanding is that th FVD 3.8 are mehle. According to Dayton at departstop. But who knows.

Marty
Old 07-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marty,
from my understanding, during the 935 days, they did'nt have good hardware like ARP or Raceware headstuds and rod bolts. Today a freshly prepared head with good headstuds like ARP is good upto 700bhp off course with other hardware.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:09 PM
martyg
Advanced

Default You Might be Right

But I did not have a choice. When the p & C were bought it was understood that the motor was going to have this. Again this is above my head.

thank you for the insight. race ya

Marty
Old 07-03-2005, 12:33 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Marty,

It's good to hear from you on this board. I'm glad you're getting active again.

Others,

Marty took me for a quick freeway ride in his car. Did I say quick? Yipes... that's a beast with a great "lumpy cam" sound. A very nicely done package.

Quick Reply: Andial 3.8 Update