Sponsored by:

Looking to buy RUF aux oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Larkins
I did a search awhile back just seeking info and I think they got them around 8 to 900. Al lot more buyers too if I remember.

I just bought a bunch of Ruf cooler kits and indeed, the price did go up on this shipment.

Still,.....its a LOT better deal than what I used to pay for the Cargraphic ones.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:09 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct, the last group buy I got one for 925 shipped, if I recall correctly. The dollar is not worse - in fact, I believe with all the stuff going on with the EU and France's vote that the dollar actually was doing slightly better. At least, it seemed that way a couple days ago.

Maybe they are just finally raising prices to reflect the weak dollar. Just took a while.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:09 AM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget Weissach call Steve Weiner he has one left. I bought one, he sold one. he got 3 from RUF. Just in a few days ago.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:51 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Sorry for the very long delay in getting some answers on the group buy here.

Here's the status and it's not good:

1. I spoke to Weissach directly and they don't want to participate.
2. RUF Dallas has 0 Units on hand as of today. They can put an order together on our behalf but it will take 4 weeks or so to receive the units. Cost - $1199. (save $100)
4. I also spoke to RUF in Germany via email (at Weissach's suggestion) and they will sell us a unit at 980 euros (approx. $1200) plus freight, which would put the cost above the RUF cost.

It appears the days of $950 for a RUF Oil Cooler are gone for now.

How would everyone like to proceed? With only a $100 savings I'm sure we can convince RUF Dallas to give us the deal for a minimum of 5 units.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:24 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's still $450 cheaper than the last Cargraphic group buy!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:17 PM
tlark
Drifting

If they will do a group discount w/5 units at that price I'm still in, however my concern is what if "4 weeks or so" turns into 6-8 weeks with summer DE's coming up. I'm not anymore important than the next guy ording but I would hope for alittle more than 4 weeks or so as a answer from the manf.

If anyone of our RL sponsors has one on hand that they would like to part with at that price please PM me.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

I spoke to RUF Dallas after I posted the above message. According to them RUF Germany has 8 units in stock now and if we put the group buy together we should be able to get the deal done at 1199 and have the units delivered to RUF Dallas in the next few weeks.

Those that are still interested let me know asap and I'll ask RUF Dallas commit to the units and have them sent over to the US ASAP. Once we have all of the commitments I'll ask that RUF Dallas communicate with each person directly to arrange for payment and delivery.

Personal Note - As I mentioned previously I am in need of a unit asap, so today I ordered one of the 8 units that RUF Germany has in stock. It is costing $1500 to have it shipped directly to me here in Florida. I need it installed before an event at Sebring on June 18. That should leave 7 available.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:32 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What do they normally sell for? How much would we be saving at $1,200?

Last edited by ttAmerica RoadsterAWD; 06-08-2005 at 12:33 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 06-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Darren,

I'm still interested... sorry that you couldn't benefit from the group buy (if there is still one). Thanks for all your effort.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm still in...
Old 06-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

As I have stated many times before the Jay Putnam kit I have works great. I am not sure of the current price but I believe it is around $1100-1200. I have no problem with my A/C. I would bet it is as good or better than the Ruf or cargraphic. No affiliation just a happy customer. Mike W
Old 06-08-2005, 02:46 PM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by darrendeguire
I spoke to RUF Dallas after I posted the above message. According to them RUF Germany has 8 units in stock now and if we put the group buy together we should be able to get the deal done at 1199 and have the units delivered to RUF Dallas in the next few weeks.

Those that are still interested let me know asap and I'll ask RUF Dallas commit to the units and have them sent over to the US ASAP. Once we have all of the commitments I'll ask that RUF Dallas communicate with each person directly to arrange for payment and delivery.
Darren and others,

I spoke w/Hans just now and inquired as to specifics on delivery and then placed my order. I don't want to step on your toes b/c you have done so much leg work already Darren, however. I was informed by (Ruf) them to post this info and those that want them should call directly and he will honor the pricing and get information individually so when they arrive from Germany everything is go.

Again, thanks for getting this going Darren and thanks to Ruf in Dallas for allowing this to happen.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Thanks Tom and Darren. Are you talking to Andrew at RUR Dallas or is there someone else that I should ask for? TIA
Old 06-08-2005, 03:59 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Tom, sounds great. Thanks for handling it. Darren
Old 06-08-2005, 04:01 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Tony, sorry forgot to mention... I'm sure that either Wayne or Hans can handle it for you I started this with Hans.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy RUF aux oil cooler