Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4S Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Vince 97' 993 TT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So next year you plan to do the internals, wouldnt it be cheaper doing it now while the motor is out?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:32 PM
baja272
Instructor

I have been losing sleep on this internal issue, and it would save about 800 dollars but I want to go further than stage two. I'm still deciding.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Jeff

IMO if you are going for a stage 2, have them remove the heads, do a decent 3 angle valve job and refresh guides etc..have them work on sealing, not needed maybe, but good insurance, and since the heads are out, change the rods and bolts.

The additional work is definitely worth it. Later on you will be able to upgrade turbos if you wish, and reprogram your ECU for some more boost and you will know that you are safe for more hp. These conversions are proving safe, they are lasting very long.

I would postpone the project if you need time to have the budget but do not compromise on the basics. Sorry to be so realistic, I know it is not what you want to hear.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Renlister "Glen" has done this conversion. He bought a TT engine, and popped it into his c4s
Old 06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Fill
Renlister "Glen" has done this conversion. He bought a TT engine, and popped it into his c4s
This is DEFINITELY the best way to do it, as was mentioned earlier. You buy a TT engine and you sell your N/A engine. Cheapest alternative.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw a 993TT on ebay the other day for like 4K. Might wanna check it out.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:46 PM
c4consult
Racer

great looking p car. could you please tell me were pro tech is and a phone # thank you.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:57 PM
baja272
Instructor

I appreciate the Information.

Jean Your correct about quality. I have very clear desires about internals and for this reason i will wait to step on the boost train until I take care of it. I made a decision to do the stage one only, This will give me temporary HP fix. Ultimately I will go beyond the typical stage two so the real fun will begin later (not the most cost effective way, but it is the way I do things sometime. Maybe one day i will grow up) your input is appreciated. You and I will reach similar HP one day in the next year or so.

Fill:

Thanks but I will go beyond where I am comfortable with the internal capabilities of the stock TT engine, so the rods, crank, heads etc... will be replaced when I do the next level. By the way, Is your car the one I read about in a past issue of excellence?

Acropora:

Salt water fish guy aren't you? We have a 400 gallon reef tank with deltec, sequence and a host of other equipment. Thats my OTHER hobby.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:37 PM
martyg
Advanced

Default To Jeff in Florida Funny Story

I had a 300G Reef in my office. The whole thing first class. Bottome to top live rock and about I dont 3K in coral and other live plants maybe more. Power got shut off by edison (They never said a thing) in the middle of the night. And get this. The guy who built the tank did not allow for this with the pumps so...

The whole tank drained out onto the floor. 15K down the drain in 6 hours. ;(

Now I have a 10 gallon guppy tank in my boys room. Happy as can be. Well sort of.

Enjoy the hobby.

Marty
Old 07-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baja272
I appreciate the Information.

Jean Your correct about quality. I have very clear desires about internals and for this reason i will wait to step on the boost train until I take care of it. I made a decision to do the stage one only, This will give me temporary HP fix. Ultimately I will go beyond the typical stage two so the real fun will begin later (not the most cost effective way, but it is the way I do things sometime. Maybe one day i will grow up) your input is appreciated. You and I will reach similar HP one day in the next year or so.

Fill:

Thanks but I will go beyond where I am comfortable with the internal capabilities of the stock TT engine, so the rods, crank, heads etc... will be replaced when I do the next level. By the way, Is your car the one I read about in a past issue of excellence?

Acropora:

Salt water fish guy aren't you? We have a 400 gallon reef tank with deltec, sequence and a host of other equipment. Thats my OTHER hobby.
I don't recall Excellence asking about my car. I guess not.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:49 AM
baja272
Instructor

MartyG:

I know the feeling about the salt water drain. I ended up placing check valves in the lines after the first occurence.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:10 PM
baja272
Instructor

I visited the shop yesterday. It is coming along nicely. They had the intercooler on (its bigger than the radiator I had in my 1970 roadrunner) The headers (new addition since last time) are all welded up and installed. I changed to the ball bearing garret's with internal porting. They look great, I decided to have them install a hand built roll bar with leather covering to match the seats (new addition decided on today) I want the rollbar to mirror the B-pillar and tuck against the roof as tight as possible. Now I am considering a set of Recaro's. Boy, I must have been standing on ice
Old 03-15-2006, 07:01 PM
baja272
Instructor

It has taken forever but I will be picking the car up Friday. The photos will follow as soon as I take delivery (after Sebring).
Old 03-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any performance figures promised?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:15 PM
baja272
Instructor

I owe this group a huge Thank you. Those oil filters......Damn them!

Quick Reply: C4S Conversion