Viken is gone

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 05:20 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks John,

I am sure Viken has read this, and appreciates every word.
One thing he sure did, was to keep BS at bay from this board, be it with his roughness or subtility, some people like him, others don't, but it does not matter, this board is what it is thanks to the three of you, who do not tolerate disrespect, it needs to remain this way, zero tolerance.

Robert, when you think about it, it is amazing how big the void is when certain people in particular leave, and how long after, they are still missed.. Robin was the best example.

Originally Posted by Boost Crazy
OFE - you changed your avatar - it is IMHO one of the BEST photos of a 993TT ever........
Simon
Simon, Viken would have told you: "Where do you see a 993TT in the avatar, it is a '74 2.8 RSR etc etc.." Oh..and I like your new avatar too.

Last edited by Jean; 05-07-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 201 Posts

Jean,

Sorry - i meant his OLD avatar.... the Arena Red TT from rear 3/4 view.......

OT - BTW - i have been reading your story on the build of the car. I have also commented in your last thread - but i have to say you have done an AMAZING job. Seriously - awesome. Hats off - I am blown away by the work, dedication and committment form you.

Instead of reading abook with my wife - i found myself reading a story written by a man that was so openly passionate and thorough and had a clear purpose in mind. Yes i used search and it was like a novel with a happy ending!!!! An Awesome read BTW - and pics too.

I am glad that you didnt lose sight of your goals and the result is JUST stunning! ENJOY!!!

regards
Simon
Old 05-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Apologies about the avatar thing. Thanks for the compliments, those are very kind words.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:28 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks again Viken, For the great knowledge you have and was more than happy to pass it down to me and the rest of RL community. I just wish I could of been here sooner to learn more from you.

God Bless you
Old 05-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a serious loss to all rennlisters. Viken roughed me up one time--big deal, we talked
about it and got over it and he then helped me get ahold of someone that I was not having
any success getting ahold of. Who else could you ask porsche specific questions (tires,
part #'s, quanity built for the u.s., etc., etc. ?? No one else has that kind of knowledge.
Good Luck Viken and hope you return at some point.
Marty Kaye

Quick Reply: Viken is gone