Sponsored by:

GIAC K24 race gas program is SICK !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 09:47 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GIAC K24 race gas program is SICK !!!!

I just recieved a GIAC race gas only program for my 993tt with k24's. Its amazing what a race gas only program did for my car!

For those race gas junkies like me you need to try this out!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What type of spec. does the race gas have? Would be interesting, since I run K24's also.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

LOL,..That program IS a dandy, especially with K-16/K-24 custom hybrids or massaged K-24's,...

Using 100 octane unleaded race gas, one has FAR more freedom with boost & timing maps without triggering the knock-sensors.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Bill S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

60 to 130?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill S.
60 to 130?

K24 please tell us more about real life results. Thanks
Old 12-15-2004, 11:53 AM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
LOL,..That program IS a dandy, especially with K-16/K-24 custom hybrids or massaged K-24's,...

Using 100 octane unleaded race gas, one has FAR more freedom with boost & timing maps without triggering the knock-sensors.

The timing maps must be very different. The motor feels like I had a LW flywheel installed. Very very responsive! I assume this has to do with more timing since I am still using my same greddy booost controller.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:09 PM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jean

K24 please tell us more about real life results. Thanks

Bill & Jean it would be hard to do a 60-130 test around here. Roads require your full attention at anyting over 60 mph. I will get back to the dyno to compair the results to the last time I was there.

Here in California the pump gas is so bad (and expensive) that it make sence to run 100 oct race gas all the time. I am really close to the race track and only use the car for pleasure so this works well. I went with the true race gas program to see what the difference was over my pump gas program. I am very happy with the results! The k24's still run out of breath on the top end. This is a compressor problem.

The next step is the turbos. I will try installing some k26 compressors (wheels & Housings)on my k 24's to see if the top end breathing can be improved.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:02 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by K24madness
The next step is the turbos. I will try installing some k26 compressors (wheels & Housings)on my k 24's to see if the top end breathing can be improved.
I sure like mine setup this way ... Glad the ECU is working for you. Come by the shop sometime with the car. I would love to check it out. Let me know before you come and I will make sure to have my car there....
Old 12-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bob, where've you been? it's been a long time.

Will you try to do a 60-130 for us? K24 Madness, I have a set of FVD K24/26 in perfect condition that I might consider selling. If you are interested let me know. Did not make up my mind still though.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:20 AM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

I want to thank you for your help and input Bob. You have been a great resource to all of us rennlist folks. Us locals are even more fortunate to have your skills available.

Any plans for a grand opening of your new place? I would like to come down to visit at a time when it would not be a distraction to your day to day work.

I may try to plead my case to Kevin to work on my K24's again. I respect that he steers people in the K16 hybrid direction. This is the best situation for most. Its just not what I am after. Maybe you shoud just sell me yours and tell Kevin someone stole them and have him make you new ones.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:20 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Jean,

The shop has gone NUTZ... Thanks to a lot of Rennlisters and other folks taking advantage of the holiday Specials, exploding regular business, along with what I think is every GT3 Porsche has sent to the states coming to the shop. A week ago we had 4 GT3s in at one time. We sent another one off earlier in the week, and got another in yesterday and more next week. We even had a car that a local gentleman picked up on a Friday and dropped off with us on Monday with 140 miles on it to do GT3 seats, rollbar, belts (or a Number One as I call it these days). We have also developed some 2 piece rotors for the GT3s and 996TTs that take 6 lbs of weight off the rotors. Our next phase is to do it for the 993TT and get the new 6 piston GT3 calipers to fit...

I'll try to do a 60-130 run over the weekend. I'll get out my little acceleromter thingy and let it measure...

How goes the Project?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:03 AM
K24madness
Banned
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jean
I have a set of FVD K24/26 in perfect condition that I might consider selling. If you are interested let me know. Did not make up my mind still though.
Keep me posted Jean. I have found 2 different turbo shops that can do the work for me. Price to upgrade the compressor wheels, housings, new seals, bearings, polish the shafts etc was very resonable. I already have the K24 cores so this accounts for a lot of the costs. I would prefer Kevin to do the work because of his dedication and the zero clearance option.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:08 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Great to hear that things are going well.

Once you have the 993TT brakes finalized please let us know.
The project is going fine, final stages (same as the last 3 months ) , just faced some issues with the alloy welding in the heads, but we got it sorted out. Soon! The body/chassis is all done.

Please shoot a video of your run I would love to see your car.

K24madness, you are right, will be much better of modifying yours than getting my K26, financially, and results as well I think.

Originally Posted by viperbob
Jean,

The shop has gone NUTZ... Thanks to a lot of Rennlisters and other folks taking advantage of the holiday Specials, exploding regular business, along with what I think is every GT3 Porsche has sent to the states coming to the shop. A week ago we had 4 GT3s in at one time. We sent another one off earlier in the week, and got another in yesterday and more next week. We even had a car that a local gentleman picked up on a Friday and dropped off with us on Monday with 140 miles on it to do GT3 seats, rollbar, belts (or a Number One as I call it these days). We have also developed some 2 piece rotors for the GT3s and 996TTs that take 6 lbs of weight off the rotors. Our next phase is to do it for the 993TT and get the new 6 piston GT3 calipers to fit...

I'll try to do a 60-130 run over the weekend. I'll get out my little acceleromter thingy and let it measure...

How goes the Project?

Quick Reply: GIAC K24 race gas program is SICK !!!!