Sponsored by:

New 993TT Owner - Best Modifications???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 204 Posts
Default New 993TT Owner - Best Modifications???

Hi guys,
I'm new here so please forgive me for any mistakes i am about to make! I have been looking at this forum for a while now and have just signed up.
I am a new 993TT owner (2 months now) but have been a Porsche nut for as long as i can remember! I have had some very nice ( fast too!! - i cant help myself by modifying them) cars but have always lusted after the 993TT and have finally bought one!!! A 9th month 96 Black with Black and only 50,000 klms on the clock. It is be FAR the sexiest car i own and have owned and fast too!! I just have one slight problem - it is a little too civilised for me and i am dying to make it go faster!! I don't drive it everyday (but am lucky enough that i could if i wanted to - the horror stories of the US and European winters - AARRGHH!) and plan to do some track days and some autocross with it. The first thing i need to do is make it SOUND better! My last 930 sounded TUFF and would belch flames!! - and i MISS it ! i intend to be around for a while - and devour all the threads - looking for ideas! I am due in the US again for work in just 2 weeks and would love to pick up some parts ( exchange rate and prices are HIDEOUS over here (cant get a 993TT for under $160k) and not many good parts available so any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Simon
Old 09-08-2004, 09:11 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

upgraded turbos (hybrids or K24's), modified ecu, PSS-9's or better, Fabspeed muffler by-passes, billet diverter valves, aux oil cooler are a good start.

Contact ViperBob for advice and parts while stateside
Old 09-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Thanks Hal,
i wanted to start with the exhaust (just so i can hear SOMETHING) and the suspension. I hear alot about the Pss9 cant get them here as far as i know - and i not that you have them- what would you say thedifferences to the stock shocks? best place to source them? BTW - Sounds like Viper BOB is the man around here!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:43 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Congrats!

First, for exhaust, go with muffler bypasses. It is loud but the sound is awesome. Fabspeed and GHL make nice units. I believe Bob can get the Fabspeeds.

For suspension, look no further than Viperbob. He will set you straight. As far as feel, any new suspension you decide on will feel much better than your worn out suspension. Road imperfections will be more dampened and you will feel less dive, squat, sway, etc.

Hybrids, ECU, FPR, boost controllers, oil cooler, etc, call Bob.

Have fun!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:52 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

All stock original suspensions are toast by now. Mine porpoised over any little road imperfections. The PSS-9's actually provide a smoother ride than what I had with the original worn shocks. You will like them and Bob has excellent prices (considering that Bilstein is a ripoff on these things).

The muffler bypasses are loud but an awesome mod and cheap too at around $600
Old 09-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 334 Likes on 224 Posts

Hey Boost;

Can you post some pics of your 930S.... prior to the encounter with the pole..
Old 09-08-2004, 11:52 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Simon... Where are you going to be when you are in the states? If you find yourself in San Francisco, I'd be happy to give you a ride in my humble 993TT (it also puts out several foot flames on the track)....

As far as suspension, the PSS9s are really the best setup for the TTs, especially if you plan to add a little extra power. They are EXCELLENT for around town driving with a firm ride, and they are great on the track... This and many other things are possible.. Send me a PM and I will be more than happy just to answer any of your questions...

Take care... I love Syndey BTW. I have been there numerous times for business. Great city, especially to a yank with US $s.... I think I feel a hangover coming back....
Old 09-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Bill (NC)
Racer

My first choice is the Fabspeed Muffler bypass, sound is awesome and you lose some weight in the process.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Kevin,
Would love to but only have 1 (thats right 1!!!) and it is a crappy front on shot. Have lots of the crash tho...... will have to scan them in - it was pre digital (for me anyway)
Old 09-09-2004, 02:56 AM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Talking

Bill,
Sounds good - it seems as though all in the know ( around here anyway) have the by pass pipes - How load are they? Do they drone/resonate? As for losing weight - the easiest way for me would be to go on a diet!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 07:51 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

Welcome aboard BC. I have the FVD bypass and are great look and sound. The sound is loud but I love it; it sounds like a race car for street. Contact Bob for suspension and Kevin for turbo upgrade, you won't dissapointed .
Old 09-09-2004, 07:53 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

By the way, be carefull with Bob, very lunatic on mods .
Old 09-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Bill (NC)
Racer

The good thing about the bypass is it rumbles at idle, is loud when you get on it, but the faster you go at cruise the quieter they get. Very quiet at 75 on the interstate.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Viper Bob,
I sent you a PM - not sure if you got it? I will be in LA for a few days then off to North Carolina for a business conference for 3 days then home again - but am over regularly - 2 or 3 times per year! If you are planning to come out here anytime soon - let me know but next time i might fly into SF and maybe check the beast out......
Old 09-09-2004, 08:04 PM
hatchy
Racer

Can you bring the R33 with you on your next business trip? Unless you, I had to decide between the 993TT or the R33... both wasn't an option. The R33 in the states is nearly 50K!

Quick Reply: New 993TT Owner - Best Modifications???