Sponsored by:

Immobilizer By-pass

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 02:56 PM
Burkey
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Immobilizer By-pass

The immobilizer is gone in my car, Specialized ECU Repairs has it, I am trying to decide if I should repair it or by-pass it. My shop has used them several times with fantastic results. My question is if I put in the by-pass do you thinks it depriciates the value of the car? The is a 41k mile car with some tasteful mods, never going to be put into a collection. I will be selling itn next year.Thoughts?

Thx
Burkey
Old 05-10-2024, 07:22 PM
systemsc
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 95 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Burkey
The immobilizer is gone in my car, Specialized ECU Repairs has it, I am trying to decide if I should repair it or by-pass it. My shop has used them several times with fantastic results. My question is if I put in the by-pass do you thinks it depriciates the value of the car? The is a 41k mile car with some tasteful mods, never going to be put into a collection. I will be selling itn next year.Thoughts?

Thx
Burkey
Read here; https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...raded-ecu.html
http://www.systemsc.com/

Old 05-13-2024, 02:14 PM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Burkey

Thx
Burkey
I think it depends on the condition on your car. If you're under 30k miles, unmodified, then maybe I'd consider it as more collectible. If your car has mods, higher mileage, I doubt this will affect the value.

How much does it cost to enable the immobilizer? Just factor in the cost to enable the immobilizer when you sell the car.

Old 05-13-2024, 02:48 PM
systemsc
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 95 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboIXXI
I think it depends on the condition on your car. If you're under 30k miles, unmodified, then maybe I'd consider it as more collectible. If your car has mods, higher mileage, I doubt this will affect the value.

How much does it cost to enable the immobilizer? Just factor in the cost to enable the immobilizer when you sell the car.
It appears that the OP's immobilizer is not functioning. And he's wondering whether the immobilizer function should be removed from the DME ECM as a fix.
The cost to repair the immobilizer is less than $300. It's significantly less than modifying the DME ECM and a more reliable fix.