Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KKK 24 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

All of the turbos you mention GT1, GT2, etc. are all made from mixing k16 and k24 parts. In other words within the same family of turbos. The K26-29 turbos are a different family, but can be made to work just like a Garrett can be made to work.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So between Steve Weiner and Herr Kevin, one can pretty much get what's needed to do it right, from the beginning. Especially with this common medium of communication...

It's kind of like you guys are conferring physicians for the same patient. Right?
Old 02-03-2004, 02:26 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, as TB said we don´t have equipment to perform an hybrid turbo upgrade in Panama. If we can get an extra 50hp with a ECU reprogrammed spending 1k, why pay for a set of k24 4 or 5k and get the same hp? I´m still considering(I said still considering!!) a full racing mod into my car for racing purposes. The reason: We CAN´T catch the Mitsubishi Evo 7. They´re running on 600hp engines with 4wd and we can´t see them even close!!! They are flying on the track and laping our 500hp 944turbo and 450hp 930turbo. If anyone knows the aprox cost to convert a 993tt into a full race car with 600hp please post.

Regards
Old 02-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

80-100k
Old 02-03-2004, 10:48 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Originally posted by Kevin
A side thought, It would really be fun to have a shoot-out for us 993TT brothers.
I'm in.... I'll bring my almost stock 993TT... Ignore the Yokohama race slicks though..
Old 02-03-2004, 01:45 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

ViperBob just installed Kevin's K16/24 hybrids into my otherwise stock car. We added an adjustable 5 bar fuel pressure regulator to provide sufficient fuel. The difference from before to after is stunning. More overall boost which comes on earlier and stronger.

I will be adding an FVD ecu shortly to enhance the performance of the upgraded turbos. I will let you know our results.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:11 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally posted by hal m
ViperBob just installed Kevin's K16/24 hybrids into my otherwise stock car. We added an adjustable 5 bar fuel pressure regulator to provide sufficient fuel. The difference from before to after is stunning. More overall boost which comes on earlier and stronger.

I will be adding an FVD ecu shortly to enhance the performance of the upgraded turbos. I will let you know our results.
Corte Loco
above is an example of "bolt-ons" which are not optimally matched - whilst the FVD ECU may be from their 490hp package ? and will undoubtably work better than stock, I am presuming FVD haven't written the program on a dyno using the above components which will result in a compromised package manifesting as lag and poorer throttle response and/or lower power/torque - having said all that it is a cheap way of getting more power.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Unless the ECU is reprogrammed, installing a 5bar fuel pressure regulator will increase the fueling everywhere, including off boost where the engine does not need it. Additionally, installing a 5bar (72.5psi) will rise to as much as 6.2bar (89.9psi) under 1.2 bar of boost. That is very high fuel pressure!!! I don't run Bosch injectors over about 70psi. The higher fuel pressure also puts additional strain on the fuel pumps.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:16 PM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

corte loco,
ive had numerous experiences with evo7's and 8's... chances are, if they are pumping out 600hp (i really doubt it), they probably will not be able to sustain such boost for long. Entering a hp war with these pocket rockets would be senseless as their parts are cheap and abundant.

A fully modded and raced prepared evo engine(450hp) can be had for about 9k USD.
even if you could match their power and weight, it would take alot more driver to get a 993tt as fast as an evo due to all the electronic aid the evo uses.

imho.. the 993tt would be an unnecessarily expensive choice.

A standard Radical would humble even the most powerful street prepared fire breathing sports car... all that performance for a fraction of the price
Old 02-03-2004, 05:07 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally posted by superyellowfly

A standard Radical would humble even the most powerful street prepared fire breathing sports car... all that performance for a fraction of the price
Amen to that. If you want to rule the track, go with Radicals or Caterhams. I've seen them beating the pants off of RUF turbo-Rs on tracks.

While Porsches are tremendous fun to drive and prestigeous to own, they are not the most cost-effective track cars.

CP
Old 02-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Or take it a step further and just get a sport bike.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Corte Loco
Racer

Thank´s for the oppinions guys. I´ll better think again on put my car on track. By the way, the people with evo´s don´t spent 9k, they spent 35k on one engine and 8k more for the chinesse person who make the adjustments. Last year we where equal on the track, but last weekend the proove that are better than us(on power of course). Anyway, I´m gonna try other options. Can someone tell me the cost of an hybrid project and if can be bolt on? We do not have equipment to test the car.

Regards
Old 02-04-2004, 12:34 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

Corte Loco,
thats pretty interesting! what tuner are they using?
Tomei is one of Japan's finest evo tuners.
Their fully race prepared evo engines output 450hp, titanium conrods, and knife edged and blue printed crankshaft without the counter rotating mass

all this for a low price of 9k!
thats without tranny and suspension mods.
35k sounds pretty hefty, i'd be interested to know how to get an output of 600hp. should be near formula one technology.

at 450hp, i have to drive pretty hard to get past them... and thats only because they usually have their gears maxed out for track speed. i can't imagine what a 600hp evo would be like.

that said, i've lapped with 750hp skylines... and beaten them... in the same breath, ive been beaten by a stock 993C4 driven by a championship winning driver.

it really depends on the drivers ability to fully manipulate the chassis and of course the type of track.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:35 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

The only thing I really know is they bring the engine from Australia. I know that hp sound incredible, but they are running with the gt1 class with cars that had 650hp and they´re not so far from them. I´ll try to get more info and I post it to you. They try to keep all their info very closely because there are 3 more evos runnin in the same category. I let you know.

Regards
Old 02-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

All I can get from them was one of their tuners is JUN and they play hard with the boost to get that hp on their cars. Those guys are very close on information!!! As soon as I get more info I post it.

Regards

Quick Reply: KKK 24 turbo