Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Estimated value of my 993tt

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 02:27 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Miles, condition, originality. Yours is a nice example but the mods hurt value. if you put it back to stock, or close, you might get 130. As is, I'd say 100-115k.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slate993tt
Thanks goofball. I'm a bit confused on post a price comment. I put $130k just so there is a price there and heck if someone wants it for $130k then let's talk...but the car isn't formally for sale. I am however trying to understand based on people that also currently own these and other Porsche aficionados on this site would list it for sale for if it was theirs to sell today. I put all the details on what was done to it so that peers could get a good understanding of the things I've done to it these past 3 years. In terms of what's out there...In my quick scan I didn't see anything less than $125k(asking price) and the car closest to mine in terms of modifications the person is asking $175k.

In no way do I have illusions of grandeur of what this car is worth. I really just put this post up to see if it was yours what you would list it at. I haven't been following the market and thus why I'm asking for opinions/help.
You have to understand that sometimes you're not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Thanks again all. Sounds like what my gut was telling me is what this group also believes in that of'course Stock equals highest re-sale $$$ (due to the amount of people who want to stuff these away and wipe em down with diapers each night) but the fact the engine has been rebuilt(including new (Rod Bolts, Bearings and Nuts does help it's value. I do have the factory wheels, shocks, mufflers etc so if someone wants much more stock it won't be hard. Note to self that I should probably put the stock wheels on for pictures since that is probably causing some stomachs to turn since it was water pumper turbo wheels on it. As far as putting stock shocks back on it I'd just about die if I had to go back to the understeering pig this thing was prior to dialing it in...but I guess purists may enjoy that and I should raise it to the Paris-Dakar ride height specs again...I mean after all it is a 4x4. Those of you who have switched from the stock shocks to Pss9's or 10's know what I'm talking about.

Ideally the car would go to someone who wants to drive it daily and love having a solid and sorted 21 year old car that can still keep up with the best of them. So it sounds like at 130ish range I put my have patience pants on and at closer to $100k someone would be getting the deal of a lifetime. Unfortunately around the $100k mark really won't work for me so looks like having some patience for the right buyer is my future. Thanks again everyone as always you've been a great help....and yes I miss the days when the board was filled with "modification threads" and what have you done to your 993 lately and track threads etc. But hey even I took mine off the track 2 years ago because of the rapid valuation climb. btw it does 1:33's at Big Willow on radials...yes radials not R-compounds.

Take care everyone as your knowledge has yet again proven priceless. love this board.

Chad
Old 12-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,114 Likes on 671 Posts

Great color. Bring a Trailer? I lurk there but don't know what it would cost you (never registered). You can set the reserve at any price you like. Some high dollar cars seem to sell there.
Good luck.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:04 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Start at a buck 40, and stop at 130. Both of you will feel like you did well. That's not outta the realm of reasonableness. Just wait for the knowledgeable one, who wants your car! IF, you must, GLWS.
Aloha :-)
Old 12-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Thanks Keadog. I've never sold or bought through Bring-a-trailer but I am aware of the website. great idea.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:50 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Sweet Turbo. I think a $129k ask will get some interest. I wouldn't sell your car for less than $115k. It looks sorted and a documented rebuild is a real piece of mind for the next buyer. Put on the original rims maybe will help, but I personally like the 996tt rims on the 993tt. GLWS.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:48 AM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Good thread, nice car, someone will read this and it will get stuck in their head and they will buy it lol
glws
Old 12-08-2017, 01:25 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Another decent place to get pricing info can be eBay. Not perfect, but it does get a national reach with lots of eyeballs.

Here's the latest listing I have of a 993TT that ended yesterday. It's not an apples to apples comp as this car only has 26K miles, but you can follow listings that have ended and note where the bidding price ends to help you gauge where 993TT pricing is at the moment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Porsch...p2047675.l2557

Good luck
Old 12-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Thanks All! More great info and help...as always. Bloose, I will put it on the 993tt wheels for picture day but the tires on the 996tt rims are soo much better so I probably won't leave the 3tt wheels on it long. But I agree that from a selling standpoint the original wheels will serve me better. But this car is a driver and I try to drive it a minimum of once a week if not more.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

The engine having been apart is likely not be a positive thing - I did not see any comments on why it was rebuilt? They typically last more than 70K so was there an issue?
Old 12-11-2017, 03:42 PM
njcycleguy
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Pricing is surely all over the place. I've spoken to a number of Porsche shops including reputable dealers who know the market and the word I'm getting is that the market on 993TT and 964T's are softening up, more so than many expected. It remains location dependent with California typically fetching the highest numbers, and of course, in the winter months in the Northeast, the lowest. One guy I spoke to has 2 cars on consignment, both '96's, and has claimed interest has wained in the cars, he's advised both sellers to lower prices, but they continue to believe the cars are worth astronomical amounts. These are mid 50's mileage cars, one slightly modified, the other bone stock. Like anything, it will take some time for reality to set in with some sellers.

Will people pay the moon and the stars for clean, low-mileage (sub 20k) cars? Of course - but they are rare and not what most of the market is looking for.

The car I linked to below, a '96 with 47k miles, recently sold (as in within the past few weeks) for less than $110k from a private seller who advertised the car for a friend on another Porsche forum. And the ad sat for a bit, being reduced a few times before it sold. When I finally saw the ad it had a deposit already. The ad has been updated on the other site so the price is now gone, as the dealer/flipper didn't want people knowing what he paid for it. If anyone wants the links to the original ad PM me.

The dealer/flipper is now asking $20k + more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Porsche-911-Carrera-Turbo/322916281932?epid=73988170&hash=item4b2f4f6e4c:g:n84AAOSwfVhaIZ-s&vxp=mtr
Old 12-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike J
The engine having been apart is likely not be a positive thing - I did not see any comments on why it was rebuilt? They typically last more than 70K so was there an issue?
No issue. I was upgrading the turbos, ECU and had the money. The motor had 72k miles on it and I was told that in 993s the exhaust valve guides wear out of spec as early as 30-40k miles. So when I bought the car I knew at minimum a top-end rebuild was in itsfuture and I budgeted for it. I believe the turbo engines can go longer but by 70k I'm pretty sure everyone of these engines is out of spec and for me because I had the funds to do it and I was increasing the HP by 100 I wanted the peace of mind of good valve guides, new bearings, rod bolts& nuts etc. We put RS 3.8 cams in it(Same cam used in the Andial 3.8 motors) had everything checked out and then re-assembled. It's an absolute joy of a motor combo and drives better than stock IMO. Passes CA Smog sniffer perfectly and it's numbers are almost as good as our 997. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the combo. I think a few others have had a similar set-up and also loved it.

Chad
Old 12-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shame all this originality departure has to be a negative. I like ALL his mods. Hate front bumperettes (unless car is black) etc....

question:

-Do we really have to put stock US shocks/springs back on these when needed for the 4x4 look? Are PSS10's regarded as acceptable in the collectible world?
i cant believe i'm still riding on my original shocks/they have to be shot so do we think i can put Bilsteins on w/o a scowl?.........cant they be jacked up to suv height anyway?
Old 12-12-2017, 03:47 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty
Shame all this originality departure has to be a negative. I like ALL his mods. Hate front bumperettes (unless car is black) etc....

question:

-Do we really have to put stock US shocks/springs back on these when needed for the 4x4 look? Are PSS10's regarded as acceptable in the collectible world?
i cant believe i'm still riding on my original shocks/they have to be shot so do we think i can put Bilsteins on w/o a scowl?.........cant they be jacked up to suv height anyway?
My opinion is that if it can be returned to original with no evidence that it was ever altered, then there should be no value impact. If you take off a set of wheels and then put them back on, that does not impact value. If you take off springs and them put them back on, no impact. If you replace a maintenance item with OEM, no real impact. If you have access to the original shocks and springs, either because you keep them or they are still available from Porsche, you shouldn't have a problem. Selling the car with the non-stock springs should degrade value by at most the cost of getting the original springs back on the car.

In my case, I replaced the suspension on my car, but kept the original parts and will put it back on if I ever sell. I hate the SUV look and handling, but also agree that the value is lower unless I put the stock suspension back on:

Quick Reply: Estimated value of my 993tt