Sponsored by:

6 point harness installation question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 07:46 PM
993Widebody
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK,

Thanks for all the input guys. Any detailed tips for drilling the hole? Is it just a matter of using the proper size drill bit? Is any special type of drill bit required?

Thanks again.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:07 AM
dwe8922
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts
I just put in an evo 2 to gain headroom for my helmet, and eventually I will go to a harness, and rear roll bar. I'll probably mount to the body as well. In the meantime though, I took the stock recepticle off the drivers seat and attached it to the rear inboard mounting pt. So, I have the bolt head, then the stock recepticle, then the seat bracket, then the seat. I ended up having my brackets fabricated, as the b. krause mounts didn't give me enough leg room, and the engineer assured me using the stock recepticle this way would be just as strong as the original factory setup. He said the threads which hold the bracket to the floor would give long before the rear inboard bolt would shear in half.
How thick are the sparco sliders? I'm thinking of adding that to make taking this seat out easier.

David
Old 02-28-2002, 12:10 AM
993Widebody
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still looking for some info on drilling into the tunnel. I took the console off today and under that of course is the e-brake assembly. I assume I need to drill from the outside of the tunnel where it is solid, but somehow get to the inside of the tunnel to attach a washer and nut to the eye-bolt. Am I missing something?
Do I need to remove the e-brake assemly? Is there some way to get below that assembly to catch the nut to the back of the eye bolt?

Thanks again. This definitely sounds like a diy bulletin needs creating, which I would be happy to do once I am successful.

Quick Reply: 6 point harness installation question