993 Forum 1995-1998

Key Fob Remotes Upgraded for 993s - New Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Key Fob Remotes Upgraded for 993

I have owned my 1995 993 since new. Where do I find the PIN Code?? Also, I have changed the battery, and my doors lock and immediately unlock (my doors won't stay locked). You mentioned earlier a list of items that must work in order for your key fob to work .Where do I find each of the items and how do I troubleshoot to confirm they are working before I order? Do you have a phone number at which you can be reached? Thank you
Old 02-05-2018, 03:12 PM
ECU Doctors
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Your 993 Immobilizer PIN code might be in your owner's manual, or on a sticker on the Immobilizer control unit itself like here...

Now, from the symptoms you talk about, I think your issue in the the Alarm control unit, since this is the one the handles the door locks.

The alarm is under the passenger's seat, here...

The best way to check your alarm control unit contacts is to do it with a multimeter on the harness.

You'll check:

-door lock microswitches
-front trunk
-rear engine lid
-radio contact
-glovebox

This is the basics, but yea, best to call us for more technical information: 800-328-1425
Old 02-06-2018, 02:36 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ECU Doctors

When you take the ECU out of the car, it's impossible for it to "get out of sync" with the Alarm or the Immo module because the programming is always constant.

In BMW's, that is not so since they work with a "rolling / changing code" system where the risk of losing sync is real.
Actually, that's not true:
1. The 993 and Ferrari 360 use the same technology of "rolling" the key codes, i.e. both the immobilizer & its pared remote "roll" the code
after each operation.
2. If any remote is cloned and used, the original remote (used as a clone source) will become out sync as the cloned remote is used.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:50 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiterfish
what needs to be "sent in" to disable the drive block....that is my biggest fear getting that thing out of sync.
So you are thinking about having the Drive-Block function removed from the DME ECM (the module that runs the engine), right?
You are aware that it is the immobilizer which sends a code to the DME ECM to allow the engine to start and NOT the alarm unit, right?
And if you have a '96 993 DME ECM, you are aware that it can not be easily re-flashed, requiring a processor chip be removed from
the DME ECM's circuit board for any modifications (disable drive block), right?
Old 02-06-2018, 09:57 AM
ECU Doctors
Former Vendor

Morning guys,

Yesterday we did a quick video on how to program the Porsche 911 993 keyless entry remotes.

Let me know what you think.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Detoxx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does this method of adding remotes still work if the imbolizer has been disabled via an ecu update
Old 02-06-2018, 01:13 PM
ECU Doctors
Former Vendor

Detoxx, great question.

No it does not work since the Immobilizer light on the clock will not work as expected.

Therefore, you won't be able to follow the cues to program the fobs.

In those case we bench program the fobs with a special machine we made.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Jupiterfish
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenfb
So you are thinking about having the Drive-Block function removed from the DME ECM (the module that runs the engine), right?
You are aware that it is the immobilizer which sends a code to the DME ECM to allow the engine to start and NOT the alarm unit, right?
And if you have a '96 993 DME ECM, you are aware that it can not be easily re-flashed, requiring a processor chip be removed from
the DME ECM's circuit board for any modifications (disable drive block), right?
no thats why i asked the question. seeking information.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:07 PM
mallenbiker
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm reviving this old thread as my 1996 993 C4 cabs key fob is dead (no red light even with a known good battery). To make matters worse, my working switchblade cct board is damaged where the rivet holding the positive battery blade on the cct board has broken off. I can get it to work if holding the circuit card out of the case, but it's not going to last long. I've read thru all the 993 key fob threads here and am going to try programming on 2 new fobs. I will be taking the car to the dealer to get the immobilizer code since i don't have the owners manual and don't want to remove the drivers seat.

1. How have members experience been with the ECU Doctors redesigned Fob circuit board? My fob and switchblade cases are not damaged and I like the idea of swapping the ECUdoctors board in to the original cases. It's a lot less expensive than buying a $270 OEM FOB from Suncoast or my local dealer and I'm not a fan of the durability of the OEM design given how the blade rivet popped off and my other FOB is not working with no physical signs of damage.

2. The top end of the engine was rebuilt with new valves/guides and upgraded to 3.8 pistons/cylinders and a different cam in 2012. The ECU module was reprogrammed for the cam and pistons and make sure it passes California smog (it does). Would this have any effect on the ignition immobilization unit and programming the replacement key fobs?

thanks in advance for your help and comments

Last edited by mallenbiker; 10-26-2022 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2022, 11:27 AM
CT Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Please let us know how you make out with the dealer and getting the code. The dealer near me said they would do it in conjunction with selling me a key. All I want is the code.
The following users liked this post:
Twilightblue28A (10-31-2022)
Old 10-31-2022, 11:55 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CT Mike
Please let us know how you make out with the dealer and getting the code. The dealer near me said they would do it in conjunction with selling me a key. All I want is the code.
Take your registration and your DL to a dealer, they should be able to look it up and print it for. Ask for a manager if they refuse. or go to a different dealer.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:41 PM
mallenbiker
AutoX

Originally Posted by CT Mike
Dealer has agreed to do it, but I have to bring in the car this Friday, along with registration and title to prove i own it. Appointment set for this Friday.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:15 PM
EdinTX
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mallenbiker
Dealer has agreed to do it, but I have to bring in the car this Friday, along with registration and title to prove i own it. Appointment set for this Friday.
Get your wallet out. Sheesh
Old 10-31-2022, 09:05 PM
mallenbiker
AutoX

Originally Posted by EdinTX
Get your wallet out. Sheesh
I don't think they are charging me for it
Old 10-31-2022, 09:52 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by mallenbiker
I don't think they are charging me for it
Your dealer is not being unreasonable. They want proof of ownership. The documents requested prove ownership.

Quick Reply: Key Fob Remotes Upgraded for 993s - New Project