Southbeach Breakfast Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 10:13 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Southbeach Breakfast Club

A reminder to South Florida Rennlisters that the South Beach Breakfast Club will be meet again this Saturday November 8th at the Krispy Kreme on US1 between Oakland Pk Blvd and Sunrise @ 6:30 AM. (...and every second Saturday of the month) Once we've assembled and are fully caffinated, we'll blast down to South Beach for breakfast.

Come on out for the coffee, doughnuts and speeding tickets!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the usual suspects and look forard to seeing some new faces.

See you there!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:17 AM
jda407
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How long are you guys usually at the KK?? I'd love to join you but I'm in Delray so getting up at 5:30am to make it to the KK at 6:30am doesn't seem that fun at this point. If you are there for a while and I can show up a little later, might join you with a couple of my neighbors from up here.
Let me know.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jim,

We usually hang out there until 7:00 or as long as we need to be to wait for someone, you just need to call us on the cell phone and let us know you are on your way.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys, what do you say if we let Marcelo to decide which restaurant to go?
I can't take his whining when we have to walk more than 3 yards to the restaurant anymore...

See you at KK!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Robin, Can I come, even if I don't go to Miami?
Old 11-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike,

tubro charged cars are not allowed in the drive....

Just kidding........... :P

Of course you can come, but the drive usually will take us down somewhere in South beach, but you can always split in the middle of drive if you like. This is a very informal group meeting, just bunch of guys that hang out talk BS, cars and F1 races and to make fun of each other.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:05 AM
OPTIMO
Instructor

Well, I've inquired before but I am doing so again - can a non Porsche owner show? I have my E46 (non M) cabrio down here and I just moved about 3 mo. ago to FLL.

I'm counting down my last year of payments on the Bimmer before I buy myself a 993 before I have to be a responsible adult.

Anyway, I would really enjoy just coming to take pictures of your cars and just stare and drool. I tried to show up last time but I missed the turn off the exit ramp and ended up driving around.

Also, are any of you going to the Auto-X in Hialeah next weekend, Nov. 15? There was a white 993 there last time I went (Oct. 25).
Old 11-05-2003, 11:17 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

In a different discussion with Marcelo, he made a good suggestion. Why don't we go down to the Miami International Car Show instead of our usual breakfast, BS and speeding tickets.

I went last year and the place was absolutely mobbed, but if we went at 8:00am we could beat a lot of the crowds. (We all know native Miamians don't rise until at least noon!)
Old 11-05-2003, 11:21 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by OPTIMO
Also, are any of you going to the Auto-X in Hialeah next weekend, Nov. 15? There was a white 993 there last time I went (Oct. 25).
That's gotta be the Equipe Rapide event. Those guys get a lot of rice at their events. I've heard they're a LOT more organized now than they were at the end of last year, so I might go. I'm also pretty good friends with Carl, the event organizer.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:37 AM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey terry/all,
of COURSE the 2nd sat of the month falls while my car is in the shop getting a new head gasket...there IS a chance that it will be done by then, but i'm not holding my breath. anyway - i'm near 16th at lincoln road and would be happy to join up for breakfast and/or the auto show. i'll keep an eye on the thread to see which place wins the vote for breakfast - there is always 'Davids' down here - open 24 hrs - great breakfast and close to the auto show location. might be a thought.....
Old 11-05-2003, 03:12 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

FF,

As long as you pay for Breakfast I'll walk where ever you want...

What do you guys think of going to the Auto Show?
Old 11-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Optimo,

since you have Porsche in (needs to be near) future, of course you can come, but you have to actually show up...

Brian,

SBBC run every 3nd Saturday of the month so even if you miss this one, there's always the next! And next, and...
We usually eat breakfast at Ocean Drive so you could walk there too...

Car Show,

Sounds nice but I have to pass on that one. I have commitments at 9 am so I can't make it.
I will be @ KK though and drive with you down to south, I just won't do the car show if you guys decide to do that.
Or how about if we all first eat breakfast and then those who want to see the cars can go to Car Show and others can leave?

Marcelo,

7-11?
Old 11-05-2003, 04:44 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Hey guys, sounds like lots of fun, but as said above by someone else, leaving 5:30 from Delray doesn't excite me I am very young, so 12PM sounds good for a breakfast meet to me Let me know if you guys do any meets or anything LATER IN THE DAY somtime as I would meet up with you guys
Evan
Old 11-05-2003, 05:31 PM
OPTIMO
Instructor

Hey guys, sounds like lots of fun, but as said above by someone else, leaving 5:30 from Delray doesn't excite me I am very young, so 12PM sounds good for a breakfast meet to me Let me know if you guys do any meets or anything LATER IN THE DAY somtime as I would meet up with you guys
Evan
Yes, but in a car like that you should be able to get there in no time.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by C4 Guy
[B]That's gotta be the Equipe Rapide event. Those guys get a lot of rice at their events.

Would love to join you, but will have to wait for a weekend when I'm down there for the weekend. Re the Hilaleah auto-X, I'll miss that but will be at the PDC-NASA track event at Moroso Nov. 16.

Have fun guys.

Dan

Quick Reply: Southbeach Breakfast Club