Sponsored by:

Purchased these Mille Miglia mufflers>>>

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 728 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Purchased these Mille Miglia mufflers>>>

I've been thinking about getting some aftermarket mufflers from the time I bought my C4S. I posted a thread about someone leaving an inquiry on my windshield and was thinking about selling my car because of it. I have since decided not to. And what better way to arrive at that decision than to find a good deal on some mufflers and slip down that slope a little further! What was recommended to me by a guy that I respect quite a bit were Robin's, GHL and the Mille Miglias. I found some Mille Miglias w/ out tips in the Rennlist classified for $430 shipped. I'll be using my motorsound tips with them. I haven't heard these mufflers on a car yet but from what I understand they are the most aggressive out there short of the supercups. Based on that I went ahead and purchased them. Looking forward to doing this project in the coming weekend. I'll take some before and after mpegs, hopefully I'll figure out how to upload them here. Its good to be a member. I saved some $$ on the HID upgrade and now I found a good deal on some mufflers.

Last edited by Randy M; 11-13-2003 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Randy,

Please post your comments on the sound after you put these in; I've been wrestling with the muffler decision and not sure what to move to (I currently have the Motorsound package as well).

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Fabspeed MaxFlows and they sound just awesome. If my car had not come with them, I was planning on B&B. I've met another local with B&B on his 993 and his car sounds awesome too. But I'm very happy with my Fabspeed.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Rick,

Any reasonance with the MaxFlows? I've heard some mixed comments on that potential issue.

Also, have they maintained their color? I can't find it now but was certain I had seen a post about the tips changing colors after awhile.

How much louder are they than stock?

Thanks much.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:44 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy - you should weigh those before install as well. I have a Mille Miglia on my 930 and it is very light but very durable. It also sounds wonderful with absolutely zero resonance (unlike the Fabspeed mufflers I had on my 993).
Old 10-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Bill, I will weigh them. All I have is a bathroom scale so it wont be precise.
Rick, here is the MM website www.millemiglia.com.au if you wanted any more info on them. Weissach is listed as a dealer and some other place in Concord, CA. They claim a 6hp increase. Who knows, I just hope they sound good.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:36 PM
cwlred911
Intermediate

RICK, I have the Fabspeed Maxflos on my '96 C4S. I have resonance around 2500 to 3000 rpm range. It can gets quite annoying sometimes when you are cruising at constant highway driving speeds. The mufflers will turn to a bronze colour after DE events (after heating up). I found a polishing cream that is used for cleaning of the stainless steel panels inside commercial elevators. I use this product to remove the bronze colouring from the exhaust tips. It works very well. I don't know if other Fabspeed users notice this or not. After hard driving, say after DE events, I notice that the Maxflos will blow out a lot of fine fiberglass like particles, and they will land on the paint of the car. I have the Maxflos on my car for about 4 months now, and I am still getting those particles. Any idea what they might be?

Calvin
Old 10-29-2003, 02:21 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Calvin, That is the packing material that they use to deaden the resonance of the muffler. If it doesn't stop coming out your muffler will get louder.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not noticed any resonance in my car. When I first test drove it, it had the Fabspeed carbon fiber open air box and that got a little obnoxious at higher rpms. But I've since gone back to the stock airbox and it sounds awesome. I haven't noticed any discoloration either.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:58 PM
cwlred911
Intermediate

RICK, the Fabspeed tips will turn to a bronze colour if you subject them to high temperature, ie. during track driving.

RANDY, if that's true, the mufflers will get louder and louder if they keep blowing out the packing material. I have used other mufflers like B&B, Dansk with no similar problems.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:19 PM
shockm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RSR's

Ok, here goes. Last week I got my RSR mufflers for my '96 993 Cab. I put them on, fired her up and.......... they sounded awful. They had a "raspy" sound and they rattled when I shut the car off. (no, it was'nt because of the installer). I drove the car for the day and just could'nt live with them. Monday I shipped them back to Robin and e-mailed him with my experience. He was very courteous and surprised as well. I must say, it is very nice of him to let us try his mufflers before any payment is sent. Later on monday, I called Evolution Motorsports and ordered a set of Fabspeed Maxflo's. They arrived today and I put them on earlier this evening. I have never seen a more awesome looking muffler in my life. They are almost too pretty to be hidden under the car. The install was a snap, they seem to fit even better than the factory mufflers. The sound is ...well....BADASS!!! Not too loud or too quiet, just right. It's the sound the car should have come with from the factory. ( Along with those gorgeous tips).
Robin, thanks again for your service and all the valuable info you give all of us.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Great

Last edited by Randy M; 11-13-2003 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hmmmm.... my thoughts exactly. So Randy, I guess I've seconded your hmmm....
Old 10-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Joe, thanks for the tips on the RSRs...I mean...shockm
Old 10-29-2003, 11:28 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Maybe Robin would like to chime in and shed some light?

Quick Reply: Purchased these Mille Miglia mufflers>>>