Sponsored by:

What rotors are these?? measurements and photos inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 12:03 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What rotors are these?? measurements and photos inside

Gentleman, I'm enlisting RL to help me solve a problem that's been confusing me for some time now.

I have in my possession a pair of rotors that I personally removed from either a 95' or 96' (I'm almost certain it was a 96') 993C2. They've been on my shelf for almost 2 years.

Problem is, I can't remember if they came off the front or rear, and since they are OEM brand and not OE porsche, they do not bear any sort of numbers or markings. Now here is where is gets weird.

I took measurements and they dont seem to match any known Porsche rotor!

They are, by my measurements, 296mm diameter and ~28mm thick. The rear rotors on a 993 are supposed to be 299 diameter so perhaps I'm a mm or three off, but the rear rotors are only 24mm thick! Their overall thickness from the back to the top of the hat is ~44-45mm.

The fronts are 304x32 and these are nowhere near that.

The other interesting thing about them is that they appear designed to bolt to some kind of hat, since the mounting holes in them are much too small to fit over wheel studs, and they have a 5x120mm bolt circle measured from the back of one hole to the center of the one across it. Near as I can tell, no 993 car ever used a 299x28 rotor. they are in really good shape and appear barely used so I'd like to sell them, but I can't do that if I don't know what they are. I'd love some help in figuring this out!

Last edited by Dougs951S; 05-24-2016 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:23 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you are mistaken on these, they are not Porsche rotors. and definitely not off a 993.

Quick Reply: What rotors are these?? measurements and photos inside