Sponsored by:

How to mask wheel lips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 04:08 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to mask wheel lips?

I have already painted my wheels anthracite/graphite, and they are a little too dark for my tastes. I want to paint the lips of the wheels silver, but I have no clue how I can get a clean line. Any suggestions? The wheels are turbo looks (bought a set of 4 with 50% Pzeros for $700 with curb rash-fixed easily). BTW, I finally get my car back either tonight or tomorrow from the body shop (repainted bumper, RS splitters, European clear signals, painted rear bumperettes) and I will take some pics once I get it polished and waxed with my newly acquired Zaino! Thanks
Old 10-14-2003, 01:49 AM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone?
Old 10-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Jim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try 1/2" masking tape and work slowly around inside the lip using the edge point of the ridge in the wheel as a guide, work slowly and try and be consistent in the pressure you put down on the tape. If you don't initially succeed, keep trying, you'll get better at it after the first wheel. Once you have a clean line, fill in with masking material appropriately, (front and back of the wheel. Don't over engineer it, it just takes your time and attention, and a good light. Would be much harder without the ridge in the wheel...

Quick Reply: How to mask wheel lips?