Werk 1 facility in Zuffenhausen; 993

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 07:45 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
Question Werk 1 facility in Zuffenhausen; 993

Any listers have an experience with the factory's Werk 1 service facility? My car is there as we speak and scheduled for the 3.8L upgrade in the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Lots of us wish our cars were there getting the RS treatment. In fact, my somewaht fuzzy dream at this point, is to import a 993RS into the US. If I can pull this off, ALL MODS are already complete, everything!
Old 01-06-2002, 10:01 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took factory delivery in 96 of a special order 993. It went back to the Wish Shop for reprogramed tiptronic along with some cosmetic changes (yellow seat belts and a redo on the leather dash). Their work is top notch. While at Werks One I got to see many special order high performance projects.
The one that stode out was a 935 motor going into what appeared to be a street 911 turbo. There were several 993RS being modified, however these were not US cars, most were heading for Hong Kong.
It was just like Burger King, you CAN have it your way, just bring lots of money.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Pete911air
Instructor

Originally posted by Jim Brady:
<STRONG>I took factory delivery in 96 of a special order 993. It went back to the Wish Shop for reprogramed tiptronic along with some cosmetic changes (yellow seat belts and a redo on the leather dash). Their work is top notch. While at Werks One I got to see many special order high performance projects.
The one that stode out was a 935 motor going into what appeared to be a street 911 turbo. There were several 993RS being modified, however these were not US cars, most were heading for Hong Kong.
"It was just like Burger King," you CAN have it your way, just bring lots of money.</STRONG>
Jim,
When you went to Burger King you had many unhappy weekends. When Dieter told you " MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" you became a satisfied customer.
Pete
Old 01-07-2002, 03:16 AM
Mike in Switzerland
Instructor

My '95 C2 is due at Werk 1 next week for a service - (Christmas present from my wife!)

In all of the dealings in arranging it they seem to be very thorough and helpful - more news next week

Regards

Mike
Old 01-07-2002, 05:29 AM
Francesco
Advanced

How do I contact these guys at Werk 1? I can stop over for a service next time I'm on my way to Italy !!!!! I presume we're talking about Stuttgart right?
Old 01-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Mike in Switzerland
Instructor

I've been dealing with Joachim Blaus (+49 711 911 7149) Anita Fleischer handles the booking (0049 711 911 7151)

A full service, factory tour (free), museum visit (free) and lunch (on them) - all for less than what a Swiss Porsche dealer charges to fill your screenwash

Regards

Mike
Old 01-07-2002, 12:53 PM
Francesco
Advanced

At least Swiss Official Porsche Dealers know how to refill the screenwash.

Francesco
Great Britain (well it was once upon a time)
Old 01-07-2002, 01:33 PM
mags993tt
Instructor

Originally posted by Francesco '97 993 S:
<STRONG>At least Swiss Official Porsche Dealers know how to refill the screenwash.

Francesco
Great Britain (well it was once upon a time)</STRONG>
Francesco, come on, that's a little unfair. There's a great OPC near where I live which would be easily accessible to u too-'Nothing Werks 1 playschool'.

At least that's what I've decided to call them until they find my air pump. (See the thread on the 993tt forum under 'cold start noise'). How long a drive is it from London to Stuttgart? (In case I opt for maintaining OPC History but can't bear to have the car abused over here).
Old 01-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Mike in Switzerland
Instructor

You could do it very nicely in a day. I've managed 10 hours (Including Le Shuttle) from Pimlico in SW1 to Basle in a variety of cars from Toyota Corolla (don't ask!) to Saab 9000 to 993 - and this is on the peage's at reasonable speed (it's only when your passengers insist on a full "blow-out" meal that you've got a problem). Stuttgart is nicely accessible - (you could also swing by Gert for some "toys" for the car).

I imported my 993 from Germany to England and now to Switzerland. Having 3 previous Werk 1 stamps in the service history got me thinking, and now I've enquired about the prices it makes sense to do it (I've also managed to fit it around a meeting in Frankfurt so some work will be done!)

All the best

Mike

PS You could'nt set up a humour thread for lonely 993 expats - dilbert gets a bit samey after a while........?
Old 01-08-2002, 06:35 AM
mags993tt
Instructor

Originally posted by Mike in Switzerland:
<STRONG>You could do it very nicely in a day. I've managed 10 hours (Including Le Shuttle) from Pimlico in SW1 to Basle in a variety of cars from Toyota Corolla (don't ask!) to Saab 9000 to 993 - and this is on the peage's at reasonable speed (it's only when your passengers insist on a full "blow-out" meal that you've got a problem). Stuttgart is nicely accessible - (you could also swing by Gert for some "toys" for the car).

I imported my 993 from Germany to England and now to Switzerland. Having 3 previous Werk 1 stamps in the service history got me thinking, and now I've enquired about the prices it makes sense to do it (I've also managed to fit it around a meeting in Frankfurt so some work will be done!)

All the best

Mike

PS You could'nt set up a humour thread for lonely 993 expats - dilbert gets a bit samey after a while........?</STRONG>
Sounds good. Need to do my homework about the area so I have a fighting chance of convincing the girlfriend the trip is worth it. I'm pretty sure a free tour around the museum and factory followed by visit to Gerts' without any extra-curricular activity would result in 'divorce' although it sounds like my dream trip... I may have to go down the - drop girlfriend off in France to visit relatives and proceed in fast 911 convoy with mates to Germany route...!
Old 01-09-2002, 01:38 PM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mags,

I took in a trip to Gert just over a year ago.
The money I saved on the parts paid for the long weekend in Ghent, with a day visiting Gert and his family to pick the bits up.

Gert can suggest some lovely places to visit. I forget the name of one of them on the coast full of boutiques and jewellers, but my 993 was the least expensive car in the street !!
May not result in divorce, but could be just as costly

I suppose if you went to Werk 1, you could then always take the 'scenic route' home - via the Alps !!

Cheers,
John. (94L Iris Blue 993 C2)
Old 01-09-2002, 02:12 PM
mags993tt
Instructor

Originally posted by John W:
<STRONG>Mags,

I took in a trip to Gert just over a year ago.
The money I saved on the parts paid for the long weekend in Ghent, with a day visiting Gert and his family to pick the bits up.

Gert can suggest some lovely places to visit. I forget the name of one of them on the coast full of boutiques and jewellers, but my 993 was the least expensive car in the street !!
May not result in divorce, but could be just as costly

I suppose if you went to Werk 1, you could then always take the 'scenic route' home - via the Alps !!

Cheers,
John. (94L Iris Blue 993 C2)</STRONG>
Thanks for the tip John. There may be hope yet then (but it does sound expensive )
M

Quick Reply: Werk 1 facility in Zuffenhausen; 993