Sponsored by:

What's the right price

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 02:22 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 9uber
Thanks for the input. If at any time such a car car had been available for under 50 I would have grabbed it already. Current owner is totally OCD about his cars. Immaculate in every way. M030 suspension with OEM RS sways over Bilstein HDs. RS motor mounts, etc. Top end done as a factory recall. Owner requires nothing other than OEM parts be used for everything. Never tracked. Has seen 2 DE classes. Color is Polar Silver over black. OEM Porche short shift. Other nice trinkets as well. When owner went to 18s from 17s he bought new factory wheels from dealer. That kind of owner.
if u pass on the car send me owner info i will buy it
Old 02-17-2016, 03:21 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it's really well-sorted as you indicate, i'd be very surprised if the owner would let go for less than $55k. but private sellers can be more flexible than 993 savvy stealerships.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:57 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by teddysam1
I had pretty much the same things done to my 1995 993 with 95,000 miles on it, plus a little more. Interior is excellent. Wouldn't take less than 55k. Polar silver and black. Fwiw..
LOL good one!
Old 02-17-2016, 08:39 PM
9uber
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to be no urgency to sell at all by the seller and he seems to want to be standing firm at 60. That's why I was seeking opinions. PPI and further answers to the great suggested questions by members may adjust that but who knows by how much?

As an added consideration by buying from private owner I would have no sales tax to pay in my state. Buying from an out of state dealer however will still require sales tax of 8.5% to be paid.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Seems to be no urgency to sell at all by the seller and he seems to want to be standing firm at 60. That's why I was seeking opinions. PPI and further answers to the great suggested questions by members may adjust that but who knows by how much?

As an added consideration by buying from private owner I would have no sales tax to pay in my state. Buying from an out of state dealer however will still require sales tax of 8.5% to be paid.
$60k is steep unless it's Riviera Blue or Mexico Blue.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:56 PM
9uber
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
$60k is steep unless it's Riviera Blue or Mexico Blue.
I agree 60 is steep but is 50 or 55 better where there may be as yet unadressed issues which we know can easily run way more than 5-10 thousand? That's the real question.

As someone already mentioned you are always buying the seller. Just as an example what is that worth if you had an exceptional seller whose car is widely known and well thought of on this forum? What does that add to the equation?
Old 02-18-2016, 11:51 PM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default UNKNOWN

There is always the Unknown. Some smaller items that are missed or rear their ugly heads - But remain small.

Sometimes thjese are even smaller when you are capable to DIY.

But if the car is as u say it should not need $5 - $10K all will appear in the maintenance Records and in the Good Hands of a Qualified 993 Indy.

At that point after investigation, the facts are on paper and if needed u can re-negotiate.

Need to know how OCD Owner is>?
Does he have all receipts
Invoices matching
Call the Mechanic
Then call your own Mechanic

Again need # of Miles since Engine Rebuild - that is sounding like the big one

When was the clutch put in AND Why was it not installed at time of Rebuild?
Cheapest time to install.
Makes me wonder how the car was driven>? if not done at same time

55 TJ Conditional Upon.....Refundable deposit in Full
Good Luck

I agree 60 is steep but is 50 or 55 better where there may be as yet unadressed issues which we know can easily run way more than 5-10 thousand? That's the real question.

As someone already mentioned you are always buying the seller. Just as an example what is that worth if you had an exceptional seller whose car is widely known and well thought of on this forum? What does that add to the equation?

Quick Reply: What's the right price