Another Flyning Finn Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 04:21 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Another Flyning Finn Video

What's this, another damn Flying Finn video? Geeeez.

Here's another video clip of Flying Finn at Sebring, this time without all that sphincter clenching drama - o.k. maybe there is a pucker-up moment in there. ...but what else would you expect from him?

Here's the essentials:
  • 2:55 long
  • 23.2 MB (dial up users need not apply)
  • DivX 5.1 Video (If you don't DivX 5.1, don't complain that you can't watch the clip)
  • Download Here: RiedelVideo.com
Enjoy!

Last edited by BrokeAss; 08-07-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:59 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

Thanks for the vid, and the little SC moments. That's a very wide open circuit. I think it's a bit more fun with some real twisty stuff
Old 10-03-2003, 05:08 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by graham_mitchell
That's a very wide open circuit. I think it's a bit more fun with some real twisty stuff
Huh? That's Sebring International Speedway - a historical track! That's like me saying, "The Nurburgring would be a lot more fun if it weren't so long" - pure sacrilege! Laguna Seca would a lot more fun if it weren't for all those damned elevation changes - I mean how unsafe is that? You can't see the next corner when you're climbing a hill.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks again Terry for doing all the digitixing etc! Great job!

Greg & others,

If you don't mind, again your comments how to improve, what should I do differently etc. about my driving as previously are very welcomed!

FYI,

as Terry said, this is from same weekend as the previous "moments" video but this time hopefully more acceptable since it doesn't have as much "drama" as last clip did.
This the fastest lap I could do there this time, with lap time of 2.34.1.

Also, I now used thich towel over the microphone and the sound is much better than last time (I had external mic. on one session but it's a lousy mic. so I dumped it).
Although I now had open exaust so you can hear it better over the wind noise I think that thick towel really toned down that unwanted wind noise quite nicely.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

I would try shifting to 2nd for turn 10. I couldn't see your tach but if you can carry it, that would probably knock a second off your time. It helped me a lot.
my .02

-Phil
Old 10-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Phil,

I did that on some laps and others didn't (as in this clip).

You're right, it felt faster when using 2nd there but I was trying not to be so hard on the engine since it was hot day and my temps were creeping higher...

Thanks for the tip though!

Also, I think maybe turns 3-5 might be better with 2nd but I didn't try that.

Of course, re-geared tranny would be even better on both cases since it feels 2nd is too short and 3rd too long...
Old 10-18-2003, 01:14 PM
snakeii
Intermediate

Great video!

I love that track.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Finn,
Looked pretty good to me. What was your time for that lap? My guess was it was around 2:34 or so. Which is really good IMO and would make you competive in your class (D stock).

Seems like through Bishops bend you are trying to hold the car too tight and that is why it gets loose. Let the car run a bit more to the right of the track and then try to get back over. If you don't get over to the far track left, it won't hurt you time as much as it does when you get loose and have to make a high speed correction. Even in your previous videos you seem to be loose there a lot. Makes for really cool video but it is probably slowing you down some.

Your control is excellent and your technique is top-notch, IMO. I don't think there is much I could help you with, but I would love to get a ride with you at either the PCA race or the PBOC event the first of next year.

Also try to make it up to Road Atlanta next year for the PBOC weekend.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:04 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Terry & FF:

Nice video as always!! If you find that you need space for your videos I have some free on my site. I only ask the you make them a quicktime so the file will be smaller.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Terry & aka FF,

Another terrific Sebring video. A 2.34 laptime in that car is mighty fine. Looking forward to your next run. See you at Sebring!

Good comments from Greg and Stuttgart.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Greg,

Thanks for (another) good advice. And that's for compliments also!
Car felt pretty loose there and looking the video my line is too tight.
I think I could still make it back to the edge but as you said, probably won't hurt that much since then I could take the left hander flat by taking it more wide.

I want to see you at track. Is the PCA Clubrace in mid February?
If it is, I can't make it (if it is first weekend of Feb. I should be able to do it)

When's the PBOC race? I have't been able to see their next year schedule, if I can't make it to PCA, I definitely want to come to PBOC.
Maybe even Road Atlanta, even though that's quite far (who wants to tow me there?!)

Kristoffer,

When is time for next clip, it would be great if you could host it, I think Terry's space are getting full since this nut is asking him to do these...

Dan,

As always, it's plenty of fun there! We'll see again (hopefully soon) at track!

Sorry for little late reply, just got back from Europe.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:29 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

The PCA DE/Club Race at Sebring is Febuary 13-15. The PBOC event at Sebring is usually the middle to end of Jan. The PBOC event at Road ATlanta has usually been the middle of March.
I think that Foreign Affairs brings some cars up for that event. It is worth the drive or tow, guaranteed!
Old 10-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Thanks Greg,

although those dates were just what I was afraid of (I'm away in mid Jan & again in Feb...).

Mid March sounds more promising and since I'm missing so many events (those two aren't the only ones) because of travel, I might have enough frustration to go there.
I'll ask Bobby how much they'll charge for taking my car there, or figure it out otherwise.

Maybe my wife's Grand Voyager can tow my Porsche...?

I'll let you know what my plans are once I know them, thanks again.

Quick Reply: Another Flyning Finn Video