Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware: White 993 C2S in Montreal

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 06:41 PM
FrannyB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bonnet and bumper/fender gap give it away... I went through several cars before I found one with good gaps. Each car had front end damage that had to be horn-swaggled out of the seller...

Franny
Old 12-17-2015, 06:56 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/311950
Now on PCA Website
Old 12-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

So, we have a PCA member and RL member who is attempting to defraud?

The RL link went dead, anyone know the user name?
Old 12-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Holytin
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe the OP and/or those RL's with personal experience regarding this issue should consider to report this issue to PCA at the least. Something similar had happened to me in the past and, needless to say, I was pissed when I found out, and the seller didn't disclose the true condition of the car.

This would be the right thing to do!
Old 12-17-2015, 08:22 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 911ist
possible to get a copy of the PPI report that shows all those damages?
Talk to We Tune in Montreal.

Originally Posted by Holytin
Maybe the OP and/or those RL's with personal experience regarding this issue should consider to report this issue to PCA at the least. Something similar had happened to me in the past and, needless to say, I was pissed when I found out, and the seller didn't disclose the true condition of the car.

This would be the right thing to do!
I flagged the ad on PCA and it disappeared for a day. Seller reposted but I think I can only flag once. Ilko can probably get it deleted
Old 12-17-2015, 08:47 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

It's still on eBay- how about killing that ad too? The guys got *****- knows the people that watch these cars are onto him and yet tries other angles. Unbelievable!
Old 12-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Holytin
Pro

Contacted the guy via PCA and got a quick response:

Q: Are you the dude they are all over on RL??? Is it true you are trying to sell this car w/o disclosing it's true condition? Should this be true you are truly one hell of an assh.. to offer this car to PCA members! Be at least honest and forthcoming, and remove this advertisement yourself before somebody will report you!

A: Before you start judging me with out even knowing what you talking about!! And calling me name , I guess that show how low class you are. To begin with the car I the to be checked by who ever is intressed at any giving time and its absolutly not trus what that shop say , by the way this car was checked twice before I bought it this summer . and same shop that say garbage about my car people should know that is getting sued cuz of charging a client 13 k and not insatlimg the right part . he claimed he change all the pistons on a 1996 c4 S of client and when the car repeat it the same problem they find out he changed only 1 piston instead of 6. I think the guy is going around and making story , the shop is a total scumbag and not to be trusted my car is there to be check anytime anywhere .and by the scumbag that goes around and say garbage about me I let him chose the shop of his choice and not mine ,but I guess got screwed by a dishones racist shop who don't like I guess the immigrants so he can go f himself with the rest of .

What the heck is he talking about...?
Old 12-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Q: Are you the dude they are all over on RL??? Is it true you are trying to sell this car w/o disclosing it's true condition? Should this be true you are truly one hell of an assh.. to offer this car to PCA members! Be at least honest and forthcoming, and remove this advertisement yourself before somebody will report you!

A: Before you start judging me with out even knowing what you talking about!! And calling me name , I guess that show how low class you are. To begin with the car I the to be checked by who ever is intressed at any giving time and its absolutly not trus what that shop say , by the way this car was checked twice before I bought it this summer . and same shop that say garbage about my car people should know that is getting sued cuz of charging a client 13 k and not insatlimg the right part . he claimed he change all the pistons on a 1996 c4 S of client and when the car repeat it the same problem they find out he changed only 1 piston instead of 6. I think the guy is going around and making story , the shop is a total scumbag and not to be trusted my car is there to be check anytime anywhere .and by the scumbag that goes around and say garbage about me I let him chose the shop of his choice and not mine ,but I guess got screwed by a dishones racist shop who don't like I guess the immigrants so he can go f himself with the rest of .

If only that incoherent rant was in all caps....or maybe the seller simply saying the car was "too fast for me", used to have Feraris, or after knee problems, couldn't drive stick anymore.

We need more characters like this here, not less I tell ya. Cause their simply the gift that keeps on giving.

I'll one up that expression...that comment is "Gold"....that comment is "CHROME"
Old 12-17-2015, 09:25 PM
92C2Targa#119
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looked like this CPO from a dealer in 2004. Almost purchased it then.
Attached Images       
Old 12-17-2015, 09:40 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 92C2Targa#119
Looked like this CPO from a dealer in 2004. Almost purchased it then.
^^ That is definitely the same exact car. Some of the pictures that he sent me when I responded to his former (recently deleted) PCA ad a few days ago had the same wheels and TechArt front bumper.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 399 Posts

A: Before you start judging me with out even knowing what you talking about!! ...I think the guy is going around and making story , the shop is a total scumbag and not to be trusted my car is there to be check anytime anywhere .and by the scumbag that goes around and say garbage about me I let him chose the shop of his choice and not mine ,but I guess got screwed by a dishones racist shop who don't like I guess the immigrants so he can go f himself with the rest of .

He's clearly calling U72PWTF a "scumbag" for vetting the car carefully and taking the car to the shop of his choice (apparently U72WTF prefers a "dishones[t] racist shop" ) and alerting us to the fact that this "rare collector grade" car has actually had extensive work done. The seller ("Shervin") also appears to be implying that the racist shop is making this all up, but as 991.2 notes in post#2 above, the Shervin acknowledged to him at least that the car has been in an accident. Shervin (a/k/a Mopdafloor on Ebay) also appears to have an earlier model 911 for sale on EBay.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:52 PM
Holytin
Pro

Originally Posted by Foxman
He's clearly calling U72PWTF a "scumbag" for vetting the car carefully and taking the car to the shop of his choice (apparently U72WTF prefers a "dishones[t] racist shop" ) and alerting us to the fact that this "rare collector grade" car has actually had extensive work done. The seller ("Shervin") also appears to be implying that the racist shop is making this all up, but as 991.2 notes in post#2 above, the Shervin acknowledged to him at least that the car has been in an accident. Shervin (a/k/a Mopdafloor on Ebay) also appears to have an earlier model 911 for sale on EBay.
Ha, that's his EBAY username? Looks like can use his reputation to "Mopdafloor" soon! That's just funny...
Old 12-17-2015, 09:53 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

Gents, we tune is one of the most respected Pcar shops in Quebec and have extensive experience with air cooled 911's. Stay away, far away. Many in Canada would not even consider a car from Quebec because this type of scam bull**** is pretty common - I am one of them.

Last edited by Pags993; 12-18-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:54 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
The car was in an accident in 2010 as confirmed by the CarFax that I pulled. If anyone wants the details they can PM me.

In fairness here was the dialog that I had with the seller...

Q: Is all the paint original or has anything been re-sprayed? Does the car have any modifications besides the Pioneer head unit and aluminum pedals? Have you used this car for any racing/track events? Is this originally a Canadian car or was it imported from the USA? Could you please send the VIN number so I can run a CarFax report? A photo of the options sticker would be really helpful as well.

A: I only painted the front bumper this summer , car has full adjustable H&R suspension , No track time as far as I know , this is a Canadian but to important it into U.S there are no issues cuz the Canadian Cars have the north American standards so it just importing a U.S car I sold my 1994 RS to U.S. and that was a Canadian Car. all you have a o pay is the import. Fees which is about 2.3%.

(got the options sticker photo with his reply - no VIN in his email but I could see it clearly on the sticker, ran CarFax)

Q: Did you just buy the car in September? CarFax shows an accident in 2010, I assume this was prior owner?

A: Yes small accident about 2k work he changed the front bumper to an original Tech art bumper and replace it with the original bumper.car is very clean and no story. I also put the original wheels on. it had the Porsche motor sport lighter wheels before. But I like more the factory look on the car.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:54 PM
92C2Targa#119
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.2
^^ That is definitely the same exact car. Some of the pictures that he sent me when I responded to his former (recently deleted) PCA ad a few days ago had the same wheels and TechArt front bumper.

Sad VIN looks to match to the VIN I tagged the photos with August 2003

I am glade I didn't buy it then

Quick Reply: Beware: White 993 C2S in Montreal