Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Beware: White 993 C2S in Montreal

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:00 PM
jo-hans
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Irrelevant but funny how the brake ducts and fogs are installed upside down / reversed left and right in the 2nd pic.

Last edited by jo-hans; 12-17-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:27 PM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Minor at this stage, but 92k kms is 57.5k miles

Originally Posted by Cemoto
WP0AA2998VS322850

From the auction listing:

"You are bedding on a Rare Collector Grade Aircooled C2S wide body, very rare Color combination , White on black in pristine condition, Car has 92000 KM (54K Miles ), and comes with all the option,Factory Sport seats, come with the original Porsche radio and and all the books. , Has full New adjustable H&R suspension , Absolutely no oil leak from Motor or Transmission, It looks and drives like new , The car can be seen and driven locally."
Old 12-17-2015, 10:48 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 293 Posts

So it appears there are a few people out here that say they know this car- how about coming out and telling us ALL of the details? All of this is pretty cryptic.
the dude pushing this car is obviously from some some non-english speaking country- his grammar is horrible and his response/tactics smell like a scam.
Was this thing totally wrecked? a fender is NOT uncommon for a 20 year old car- and it appears from the pictires to be handled well. but I am not an expert and have never seen this car. It APPEARS to be very beautiful - on screen- but what's the story? enough with the cryptic BS guys- speak up. the LAST thing this forum needs is a scammer getting away with something out here..
Old 12-17-2015, 10:51 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by _snowbird_
Minor at this stage, but 92k kms is 57.5k miles
And last entry on CF had 93,000 km...

09/21/2015 57,787 Quebec
Motor Vehicle Dept. Registration issued or renewed
New owner reported
Odometer reported as 93,000 kilometers
Old 12-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Mark Knop
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jo-hans

Irrelevant but funny how the brake ducts and fogs are installed upside down / reversed left and right in the 2nd pic.
Jebus, what kind of a shoe horn do you use to make that disaster happen. WOW.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:29 AM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSWILL
but what's the story? enough with the cryptic BS guys- speak up. the LAST thing this forum needs is a scammer getting away with something out here..
As the OP I spoke to this jerk on behalf of my friend who wanted to buy the car. The seller ranted ad naseum for 20+ minutes telling me how perfect the car was and that we should use European Motorwerks ("speak to Hassan") as they are the best shop in Montreal for these cars, etc. etc. I point blank asked the seller if there were any accidents and did the carfax and carproof reflect that. He unequivocally said yes, "no issues." He pushed this shop so hard and repeatedly it was obvious to me there was some type of connection or relationship. I googled the shop and was not impressed with what I saw. I used RL search and came up with We Tune...and I'm glad I did. I turned all this information over to my friend who contacted and arranged the PPI at We Tune. The following morning I got a text from my friend who reported that Andrew at We Tune said the car was a bust; significant repairs and a very poor paint job. A few pictures were forwarded to me with the subject line "bent engine carrier," pictures of overspray and paint meter readings in the 40's. I was pissed. Even though my friend had already told the seller "no,", I called him back and screamed a few expletives. "Shervin" tried to double down by claiming the title was clean and to him that equated to "a good car." For what it's worth the seller was willing to sell the car for $72,000. I recommend everyone who is a member, to flag the PCA ad; I believe it can only be done once per member.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:09 AM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 340 Posts

If the seller is posting in the PCA classifieds, then he's a PCA member or using a PCA member's login. If his dealings are truly fraudulent, then contact PCA ( https://www.pca.org/contact ) and tell them what's going on in their classifieds. They may be able to block a specific member from posting...Or, they may shrug and invoke the "Caveat emptor" rule.

Last edited by TMc993; 12-18-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Holytin
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TMc993
If the seller is posting in the PCA classifieds, then he's a PCA member or using a PCA member's login. If his dealings are truly fraudulent, then contact PCA ( https://www.pca.org/contact ) and tell them what's going on in their classifieds. They may be able to block a specific member from posting...Or, the may shrug and invoke the "Caveat emptor" rule.

Already done yesterday after I received his rant. Other PCA members should consider doing the same.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:39 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i doubt the PCA cares. im sure its not the only bum car they've ever (unknowingly) listed
Old 12-18-2015, 01:18 PM
C2sideways
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WeTune have a good reputation and I believe their PPI was an honest assessment. I have also heard good things about Hassan although I can not vouch for this.
The escalating issues arising from this unscrupulous seller is that he could very well be tarring Eurowerks and Hassan with his dishonesty. It all becomes very messy due to these types of guys.
I personally spoke to this guy by phone and heard plenty of drivel myself. I did not feel good about any of it.
It's a shame to think that there's so called lovers of the Marque that will pass on a dishonest car to someone who may have dreamed and saved all of his life to fulfill his passion.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:39 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The ad is still up on PCA's site, but marked as "inappropriate."
Old 12-18-2015, 03:06 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may sound a bit trite, but I feel sorry for the car. What could have a mere fender bender has turned into a forever mark on it. We still have not seen what was on the PPI. If it was fixed correctly, it would have lost some of its value but not having any thing but a dishonest presentation to go on, this forum will follow this car for a very long time SAD
Old 12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 187 Posts

All we can do is hope this current a$$hat owner paid good money for it last summer. Then realized he bought a polished turd, and he simply could sell it to another fool like himself.

You remember what PT Barnum said.....
Old 12-20-2015, 03:27 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

what you have is a seller that typically deals in crap. Camaros, corvettes, Theft recovered etc.

Has no real idea of the porsche market or buyer.
Trying to jump on the bandwagon of the exploding porsche market.
Thinks he has a winner. Get rich quick car.

Basically he has a 3 dressed up as a 9 but thinks it is a 10.

The dollar he is asking given the mileage shows you his hunger to a big payday.
He is blinded by the greed.

Quebec has a bad reputation in canada for undisclosed vehicle damage and this guy dosnt help the cause.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 370 Posts

I doubt pca cares. they have ads for other fraudulent dealers and gladly collect the $.
be careful with cars from Montreal. and we tune has a great rep, most of the montreal rennlisters use them.

Quick Reply: Beware: White 993 C2S in Montreal