Zymol Question ( Not another one .. )

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 01:08 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

ok, let me jump in.

if you like a very reflective shine, in peterS' parlance, and don't like to detail your car, zaino and klasse are wonderful, very easy to use (the first time you use zaino system may take a looooooooong time) and very very long lasting. the water rolls of zaino'd cars like rolling off a vertical plane. however, it does have an artificial shine to my eyes.

if you like a warmer shine, griot's best of show, griot’s carnuba, blitz, P21S, zymol are all very good. i don't like griot's best of show wax unless i use an orbital. it's not as easy to remove as the other waxes i mentioned. yes, i only do one panel at a time, with wax still wet, it's harder to remove than others.

griot's carnuba gets you the same result as P21S. the ease of use is identical. griot's smells better, but i prefer P21S as it's just a tad shinier (sp).

Zymol, I stopped using it b/c I am too lazy to order them. I used it on my bmw. If applied properly, it will last quite a few months, and I do drive a lot (20,000 miles in one year on my 996). It smells very good. The result is about same as P21S but much more $$$. It’s not hard to wipe off, if you find it hard to get off, then you have left the wax on too long. I mean you wipe on and IMMEDIATELY wipe it off.

Blitz is easy to use as well, however, it’s not as shiny or deep/wet looking as zymol, p21S. it does last a tad bit longer.

Finally, if you always keep a thick coat of wax on you car, it will GREATLY reduce the amount of time it takes for you to wash or wax your car. It only takes me 60min. to wash (including scrubbing wheels), dry, windex, and put two coats of p21S on my p-car. The first time you feed the paint will take a while, but after that, it’s all smooth sailing.

Hope this helps, sorry for the length.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Zaino is easy to apply and remove, doesn't take too much of my time, lasts a long time and gives more a more than adequate shine, artificial or not, to my discerning eyes. My silver Zaino'd car looks, well, shiny. I have more important things to obssess over, such as technipolish finish or race satin finish on my Fikses.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

I'm contemplating getting Zaino for my car. I use P21S and like it alot. I have some fine microscratches and some swirls in my paint I've tried to get out by hand with poor results. I'm kinda scared to try a Porter Cable orbital as I've never used one. Anyone care to share their experience with one?
Old 10-03-2003, 04:50 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Randy,

There is a learning curve for the PC. You will get better as you use it. However, even in the beginning it is fool proof as far as messing things up. You just may not get the amazing results that everyone talks about the first time. I am currently learning on my daily driver and my wife's car before I tackle the 993. It is not difficult.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Maybe I'll get one and try it on the Toyota truck first. I'd rather put a burn on that paint than on my C4S
Old 10-03-2003, 05:36 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Randy,

It would be very difficult to burn the paint (maybe impossible). Just spend the money and get a good backing plate w/velcro and good pads. The pad that comes with the PC is worthless.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Thanks

Quick Reply: Zymol Question ( Not another one .. )