Sponsored by:

My Thoughts After 993 To Lamborghini Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 01:57 AM
gandalfthegray.
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 21 Posts

Beautiful Gallardo!

Now send that car off for a twin turbo system and thank me later. I had an 04 Heffner stage 1 (740 rwhp) and it really makes it an amazing car. I regret selling it everyday and eventually will be back in one.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:11 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 895 Likes on 589 Posts

How goes the Italian car ownership experience?
I'm enjoying mine..............
Attached Images   
Old 01-08-2016, 09:56 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
How goes the Italian car ownership experience?
I'm enjoying mine..............
I have been driving it a lot and having fun. I enjoy the highway because there are not as many people distracted (trying to take pics etc). It is fun just cruising in the slow lane, no kidding! I enjoy relaxing knowing if I really want to get on the accelerator the power is there for me. It is a fun owning and I am getting more comfortable with it.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I can never see a red 360 with the red calipers & challenge grills without getting a stiffy...

I just love the way they look and sound....
Old 12-29-2016, 06:51 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Follow up on my post from a year ago. I have driven my Gallardo for over 6000 miles this past 12 months and it has been great! I had my first issue last week with a blown power steering hose but no other set backs. The car is a joy to drive but I still miss my P-Cars! I love my car but would still go back to a Porsche without much thought.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:40 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 543 Posts

Awesome thread! Enjoy that beast!
Old 12-30-2016, 01:46 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sugarwood
I find that with a "new" car, it takes me quite a few thousand miles of driving until I feel like it's MY car
I feel like an imposter driving someone else's car.....and I'm worrying about stuff like it breaking down or me crashing it.

Right now, your Gallardo probably feels like a new Sunday church suit at age 12.
I say, give it time, and eventually it will feel like an old shoe.
Larpy, with 6000 miles under your belt, does it finally feel like YOUR car?
Old 01-01-2017, 10:18 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sugarwood
Larpy, with 6000 miles under your belt, does it finally feel like YOUR car?
It does because I understand what I am getting into and the quirks it has but I lack passion for it like I did my 993. I miss that Porsche! It was an amazing example and so fun to drive and work on. It did not scare me because everything was not outrageous to fix or upgrade. I have had few issue with mt Gallardo which is why many are drawn to them. I did go on an adventure the other day...... to the Porsche dealership in Chicago while in town and looked at the 991s Perhaps I am going to cheat on this Italian beast If I did get rid of her I know I will regret if too. Always the story I suppose. If I could have any car back it would be "my" 993!

This caught my eye:
Old 01-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 594 Posts
Default Keep no secrets!

Originally Posted by larpy
It does because I understand what I am getting into and the quirks it has but I lack passion for it like I did my 993. I miss that Porsche! It was an amazing example and so fun to drive and work on. It did not scare me because everything was not outrageous to fix or upgrade. I have had few issue with mt Gallardo which is why many are drawn to them. I did go on an adventure the other day...... to the Porsche dealership in Chicago while in town and looked at the 991s Perhaps I am going to cheat on this Italian beast If I did get rid of her I know I will regret if too. Always the story I suppose. If I could have any car back it would be "my" 993!

This caught my eye:
LOL! I would seriously be very open with your Lambo on your visit to the dealership. Keep no secrets! I've had Porsches twice now literally break down on me when I started sniffing and cheating around other cars. One was in the 06 C2S where the fly wheel sheered off when I went to test drive a 993 cab! The other was the 08 TT cab where 1 days before the sale the engine light came on and the engine compartment fan quite working. The new owner wanted it bad enough he didn't care but pretty nuts!
Old 01-02-2017, 07:38 AM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

It must not be a good feeling about maint. when you were a DIY owner with the 993.
Plus, so much online support. Maybe you need another 6000 miles under your belt to forget?
Old 01-03-2017, 01:11 AM
rg0115
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Great post. I was in a similar boat as you with my divorce. It tore me apart , especially cause I have twin boys that were only 3 years old. I was able get 50/50 custody but have them more. My ex-hated my car passion and I was never able to buy my dream car because of her. Now that she is gone, guess what? First thing I did is buy a 993 C2. Great therapy. I enjoy the car tremendously and have a smile on my face ever time I drive it. There is nothing like driving these cars, you feel so connected to road. What makes it even better, every day my boys ask me in the morning if we are taking the Porsche to kindergarten .....so cute. And when I pick them up they feels so cool getting into the car. ... you sound like a great guy, enjoy your family that's all that matters... but the Lamborghini is pretty awesome.

Cheers
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (08-25-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 11:33 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

A long overdue follow up! After 4 years of ownership I sold my Gallardo. I put 20,000 miles on it and loved it but.....I am coming back to Porsche. It was a beautiful car but the overall experience left me a bit empty. It drew a lot of attention and the performance was unreal but the cost of a clutch etc is unreal. The Gallardo is a solid car with little problems but the connection to other owners etc. is nonexistent. I am in the market for a 2016 GT3RS. No hurry to find one but I am excited. The Porsche is calling me!
The following 2 users liked this post by larpy:
HelpMeHelpU (08-25-2020), m32 (08-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 01:21 AM
jcochran1
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome back!
Old 08-25-2020, 03:49 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I clicked on this thread, and the first pic popped up, to which my wife, sitting next to me on the sofa, glances over and says, "oh, I like that yellow, let's get one of those!"
Fascinating thread about the Lambo. The 560 is probably the only Italian car I might seriously consider buying someday, so I love reading other's experiences.

Welcome back!

Last edited by Kika; 08-25-2020 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:59 PM
Tommy305
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larpy
A long overdue follow up! After 4 years of ownership I sold my Gallardo. I put 20,000 miles on it and loved it but.....I am coming back to Porsche. It was a beautiful car but the overall experience left me a bit empty. It drew a lot of attention and the performance was unreal but the cost of a clutch etc is unreal. The Gallardo is a solid car with little problems but the connection to other owners etc. is nonexistent. I am in the market for a 2016 GT3RS. No hurry to find one but I am excited. The Porsche is calling me!
Hello Larpy, I purchased my first exotic a few weeks ago, a 2006 Gallardo Spyder, pearl yellow. I was just browsing forums and guess what? it's your old car! I purchased with almost 20k miles on it, black wheels etc. The car is immaculate, what a beast it is. Just wondering; did you replace the clutch by any chance? any other major work besides the blown hose? I hope you're enjoying the Porsche! I'm currently prepping the garage for the new addition;

Quick Reply: My Thoughts After 993 To Lamborghini Gallardo