Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1997 993 Cab $100k ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

I wonder how many Turquoise Blue cabriolets were build ? I know there were 7 cabs built in Riviera Blue and 17 coupes , I'm pretty sure there were few than 7 cabs in Turquoise Blue and I only know of 2 of them , Darin Fister and this one that's being for sale .
This letter came with my Riviera Blue cabriolet .
So on this car you are paying for this things
1) LOW MILES
2) RARE COLOR
3) BLACK Interior / sport seats
3) only few built
Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2015, 03:41 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rudy, I looked at this Blue Turquoise Cab back in 2008-2009 and passed on it. And I'm kicking myself to this day. Regrets.

The car's locale was Danville/Dublin/San Ramon/Pleasanton CA.
Attached Images   
Old 09-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Rudy, I looked at this Blue Turquoise Cab back in 2008-2009 and passed on it. And I'm kicking myself to this day. Regrets.

The car's locale was Danville/Dublin/San Ramon/Pleasanton CA.
What!!!!!
Well this makes 3 Turquoise Blue cabs , I wonder if this is the one Darin owns ?
Old 09-24-2015, 03:48 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Opo
What!!!!!
Well this makes 3 Turquoise Blue cabs , I wonder if this is the one Darin owns ?
Is Darin's a Tip?

The one above that I looked at was a 6-speed.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:07 PM
1997 turbo s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubble

Originally Posted by PRSWILL
There's been a few stratospheric priced cars lately- there was a yellow C4S with 2300 miles out here for $ 170 K I think just a while back. Are these car SELLING for that? It would seem to the casual observer, that there is a lot of high asking prices and very few sales at thes points. Just curious. I am not a buyer at this price for sure- not that it may be worth it, but I really like to drive my car and these are NOT driver cars - unfortunately.
I think some are cashing out because the bubble is slowly deflating. A lot of low mile, high price cars including about 10 turbo s with varying miles in the market. I personally have trimmed down my collection the past few months.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:07 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Is Darin's a Tip?

The one above that I looked at was a 6-speed.
You know what , I think it is a tip if I'm not mistaken 😱
Old 09-24-2015, 04:22 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I wonder how many Turquoise Blue cabriolets were build ? I know there were 7 cabs built in Riviera Blue and 17 coupes , I'm pretty sure there were few than 7 cabs in Turquoise Blue and I only know of 2 of them , Darin Fister and this one that's being for sale .
This letter came with my Riviera Blue cabriolet .
So on this car you are paying for this things
1) LOW MILES
2) RARE COLOR
3) BLACK Interior / sport seats
3) only few built
Well at least we all know Johnny Irish's home address now
Old 09-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Here are my thoughts.

Today's daily eBay "saved search" email, that I receive each morning, came up with 13 new 1995-1998 993's, NB and WB. NOT ONE of them was a Cab. Porsche produced roughly the same amount of Cabs and NB Coupes. So, I'd certainly disagree with your thoughts on this matter. Just sounds like someone making stuff up to me. And certainly flies in the face of the periodicals that I receive each month including auction results.
Looks like right now there are 25 cabs and 62 coupes on eBay. However, 34(!!!) of those coupes are Turbos, so removing those, it's 25 cabs to 28 coupes.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:54 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Skwerl
Looks like right now there are 25 cabs and 62 coupes on eBay. However, 34(!!!) of those coupes are Turbos, so removing those, it's 25 cabs to 28 coupes.
I guess my point was that Porsche made about the same amount of a NB Coupes as Cabs. And any pricing differences are purely situational, meaning seller's timing, condition, miles, maintenance, color, etc. are the key variants car to car.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Well at least we all know Johnny Irish's home address now
go pay him a visit and take him out for a cup coffee 😜
Old 09-24-2015, 06:54 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerl
And another 15 or so are "S and 4S's."

any pricing differences are purely situational
Correct; if the "situation" is a coupe, it's simply worth more than a cab.

Here's another way to look at it. If this Turquoise Blue Cab was a Coupe, I would venture to say it would have sold quickly at that price!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:01 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by u7t2p7

Here's another way to look at it. If this Turquoise Blue Cab was a Coupe, I would venture to say it would have sold quickly at that price!
Of course it would of been gone , who can resist a TB coupe. But again there's not that many TB cabs , just like the Mint Green Targa you offered me .
💙💙💙💙

Old 09-24-2015, 11:38 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
And another 15 or so are "S and 4S's."

Correct; if the "situation" is a coupe, it's simply worth more than a cab.

Well that is certainly an opinion I disagree with. Coupes do nothing for me. And the difference in production #'s of each is negligible. And auction results according to Sports Car Magazine says the opposite. But RL members may be a different sample of buyers too.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:47 PM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are my thoughts.

Today's daily eBay "saved search" email, that I receive each morning, came up with 13 new 1995-1998 993's, NB and WB. NOT ONE of them was a Cab. Porsche produced roughly the same amount of Cabs and NB Coupes. So, I'd certainly disagree with your thoughts on this matter. Just sounds like someone making stuff up to me. And certainly flies in the face of the periodicals that I receive each month including auction results.
Frankly, I don't really care about the price differences between cab vs coupe models. I'm not a collector or investor. I found the car I wanted, and bought it. I was simply explaining what I experienced while shopping for my car.

But let's take a more scientific approach than looking at the number of cars of each type that were newly listed on any SINGLE day. I took a quick look on Autotrader (Canada) for all 993's currently for sale.

Admittedly, the composition of the cars for sale is MUCH different than 12-24mos ago. When I was shopping, there were usually 0-1 Turbos for sale at any given time, and 0-1 widebodies available. Today, of 29 993's for sale 10 are Turbo's (!!!) and 6 are WB models. I think we can agree that Turbos and Widebodies are cashing in on the high demand - more than what you'd historically see.

8 are cabs, 4 are NB coupes, and 1 Targa. So if you ignore the now-abundant TT/WB cars, you see there are 2x more cabs than coupes. If you include the WB coupes in the coupes list, you roughly get your 50/50 split. Ok.

Now on price: the avg cab price is $66.8k (CDN), avg NB coupe is $79k. If you include WB coupes, the avg coupe price increases to $104k.

So, this is pretty consistent with what I originally said. Cabs are generally abundant, and fetch a lower avg price than coupes. Of course, limited edition versions will always be an exception.

...or, maybe I'm just making this all up
Old 09-25-2015, 12:26 AM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by _snowbird_
Frankly, I don't really care about the price differences between cab vs coupe models. I'm not a collector or investor. I found the car I wanted, and bought it. I was simply explaining what I experienced while shopping for my car.

But let's take a more scientific approach than looking at the number of cars of each type that were newly listed on any SINGLE day. I took a quick look on Autotrader (Canada) for all 993's currently for sale.

Admittedly, the composition of the cars for sale is MUCH different than 12-24mos ago. When I was shopping, there were usually 0-1 Turbos for sale at any given time, and 0-1 widebodies available. Today, of 29 993's for sale 10 are Turbo's (!!!) and 6 are WB models. I think we can agree that Turbos and Widebodies are cashing in on the high demand - more than what you'd historically see.

8 are cabs, 4 are NB coupes, and 1 Targa. So if you ignore the now-abundant TT/WB cars, you see there are 2x more cabs than coupes. If you include the WB coupes in the coupes list, you roughly get your 50/50 split. Ok.

Now on price: the avg cab price is $66.8k (CDN), avg NB coupe is $79k. If you include WB coupes, the avg coupe price increases to $104k.

So, this is pretty consistent with what I originally said. Cabs are generally abundant, and fetch a lower avg price than coupes. Of course, limited edition versions will always be an exception.

...or, maybe I'm just making this all up
So let me get this straight. You're taking asking prices of cars in just Canada? Yep, that's VERY scientific.

Might you suppose that areas where there's more sun might have a greater demand for Cabs? Say for example CA or FL. Also, your "analysis" doesn't account for important elements such as the title, mileage and condition of those cars. So, meh.

Again, I'm looking at auction results from around the world in Keith Martin's Sports Car Magazine. Your looking in Canada, at asking price, and I'm thinking of the rest of the world.

And just for the heck of it, Excellence Magazine lists the range for NB Coupes as 35,000-50,000 and Cabs as $35,000-55,000. Ignoring the prices being low, because the 2014-2015 editon is out of date, the RANGE for the Cab is higher than the Coupe. However, I still believe it's situational and the VALUE difference is overall negligible between the two body styles.

Quick Reply: 1997 993 Cab $100k ?