Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

1997 993 Cab $100k ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 06:02 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 295 Posts

There's been a few stratospheric priced cars lately- there was a yellow C4S with 2300 miles out here for $ 170 K I think just a while back. Are these car SELLING for that? It would seem to the casual observer, that there is a lot of high asking prices and very few sales at thes points. Just curious. I am not a buyer at this price for sure- not that it may be worth it, but I really like to drive my car and these are NOT driver cars - unfortunately.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSWILL
There's been a few stratospheric priced cars lately- there was a yellow C4S with 2300 miles out here for $ 170 K I think just a while back. Are these car SELLING for that? It would seem to the casual observer, that there is a lot of high asking prices and very few sales at thes points. Just curious. I am not a buyer at this price for sure- not that it may be worth it, but I really like to drive my car and these are NOT driver cars - unfortunately.
People can ask what ever they want , but the market always speaks for it self , I bought a car that was listed $89k for $70k and than I bought a set of sport seats that were listed for $10k here on RL and I got them for $5k , so asking price don't mean nothing , it's the market that speaks and I don't think people always pay for the high asking price .
Old 09-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

It's a buy low list high game , that's it !
I had to post this so it can be my 3, 993 post
Old 09-23-2015, 06:20 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I have plenty of juice to pay the $125k for this car , but just because I can afford to pay $125k or because the seller is asking $125k doesnt mean I'm going to pay $125k
My juice maker will only make $100k in juice for this car and that's if it checks out , you will be surprised at how many clean cars you see here for sale that look super clean or have low mileage and when you start looking closer at the car is a different story , ask me how I know

Btw if the car was worth $125k it would of been gone already
Ok let me get back to my juice maker
All right then, for some unknown reason, I want to go to Jamba Juice and get a wheat grass shot with 1/2 Carrot 1/2 Orange juice chaser.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:37 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

The "juice" goes to whoever pays the most.

Whether it's Opo or RodKnock, if they each bring $100K to the table, neither has more juice. $100K is $100K, no matter who bring it.

Opo is right, asking prices mean nothing. Selling prices are everything. The rest isn't juice, it's just hot air
Old 09-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RodKnock
All right then, for some unknown reason, I want to go to Jamba Juice and get a wheat grass shot with 1/2 Carrot 1/2 Orange juice chaser.
when I come visit we go pick up Goofball for some juice

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe

Whether it's Opo or RodKnock, if they each bring $100K to the table, neither has more juice. $100K is $100K, no matter who bring it.

Opo is right, asking prices mean nothing. Selling prices are everything. The rest isn't juice, it's just hot air
Agree
Old 09-23-2015, 07:06 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe

Well, then, let's say Opo's orange tree grove is much larger than mine. Additionally, Opo's reputation acquired over the many years precedes him. My reputation is, well, um, not quite on the same plane as Opo's.

I have one 993 with one pair of hardbacks. Opo has.....well, let's just say more than one of each.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:15 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
I have one 993 with one pair of hardbacks. Opo has.....well, let's just say more than one of each.
Awesome!

So Mr. Rudy, why aren't you buying this one? All it needs is some paint, wheels, PSS10's, seat belts and wheels for you?
Old 09-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Awesome!

So Mr. Rudy, why aren't you buying this one? All it needs is some paint, wheels, PSS10's, seat belts and wheels for you?
I listed my Offer and have t heard anything , let's see what happens and btw I'm in not desperate at the moment , I'm Rudyfing the new 95 Riviera Blue cabriolet I just bought and my Violet Meatllic 964 C2 should arrive from China next week , so I have plenty to do right now :

Btw , did you find your Ruf wheels ? If you haven't send me a PM or email and I will get you hooked up
Old 09-23-2015, 08:57 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I listed my Offer and have t heard anything , let's see what happens and btw I'm in not desperate at the moment , I'm Rudyfing the new 95 Riviera Blue cabriolet I just bought and my Violet Meatllic 964 C2 should arrive from China next week , so I have plenty to do right now :

Btw , did you find your Ruf wheels ? If you haven't send me a PM or email and I will get you hooked up
China? First time I've heard of someone importing something from there! Nothing on the RUF wheels yet. Are you going to RSR?
Old 09-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
China? First time I've heard of someone importing something from there! Nothing on the RUF wheels yet. Are you going to RSR?
Yeah I imported a 1990 c2 in violet metallic not going to reensport spending the week with my daughter at her college town , email me when you get back from Reensport and we can talk about the Ruf wheels , have fun bro
Old 09-24-2015, 12:52 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PRSWILL
I see these cars vanish from the market either sold at a lower price or gone into storage. Who knows

Speaking of high priced C4S... check out this Canadian 96 C4S 39k miles for $164,500 CAD ($125k USD) Madness.

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/...howcpo=ShowCPO
Old 09-24-2015, 12:03 PM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
No way a convertible is worth anywhere near that $$$ IMO.
My first thoughts as well.

When I was shopping for my coupe last year, the market was dominated by cabs. Probably more than 80% of cars for sale were cabs, and that was true through my year long search. And priced MUCH more affordably than coupes - usually around 60-70% of the price of a similar mileage coupe.

But ultra low mileage cars have their own (irrational) pricing reality. It's a strange breed of buyer that is willing to pay 2-4x more for a 10k mile car vs a similarly excellent 30k mile car. But I suppose that's the essence of collecting. It's not an objective evaluation of a car. It's a contest to see who can own the car with the fewest digits on the odometer. Not my game for sure. It has nothing to do with the reason why cars were built in the first place (ie to experience driving in them).
Old 09-24-2015, 12:22 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 399 Likes on 134 Posts

Just to prove Opo's point, the first $500k that shows up for my perfect '97 993 C2 takes it. I'll even throw in the original wheels with original tires still mounted. And if you act before the end of September, you can have the euro tail lenses that I bought but didn't install.

FWIW, I agree with the camp that there isn't a significant bubble building in air cooled 911s. More like they are a good combination of real asset investment and, particularly for the 3.2 Carreras, 964 and 993, hand-built cars that are reliable and provide a wonderful driving experience. Much as I'd love to have my 2.2 S back, I wouldn't love driving it in the same way that I do my 993.

And I think Rudy's $100k offer is all the juice in the world for that cab.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:30 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by _snowbird_
My first thoughts as well.

When I was shopping for my coupe last year, the market was dominated by cabs. Probably more than 80% of cars for sale were cabs, and that was true through my year long search. And priced MUCH more affordably than coupes - usually around 60-70% of the price of a similar mileage coupe.

But ultra low mileage cars have their own (irrational) pricing reality. It's a strange breed of buyer that is willing to pay 2-4x more for a 10k mile car vs a similarly excellent 30k mile car. But I suppose that's the essence of collecting. It's not an objective evaluation of a car. It's a contest to see who can own the car with the fewest digits on the odometer. Not my game for sure. It has nothing to do with the reason why cars were built in the first place (ie to experience driving in them).
Here are my thoughts.

Today's daily eBay "saved search" email, that I receive each morning, came up with 13 new 1995-1998 993's, NB and WB. NOT ONE of them was a Cab. Porsche produced roughly the same amount of Cabs and NB Coupes. So, I'd certainly disagree with your thoughts on this matter. Just sounds like someone making stuff up to me. And certainly flies in the face of the periodicals that I receive each month including auction results.

Quick Reply: 1997 993 Cab $100k ?