Sponsored by:

Can someone point me...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by mpruden
Since the thread is already all over the map...

If anyone wants to get even closer to a turbo on a NA wide body car, I'll happily sell them my old turbo clutch master/slave/power steering setup. It'll give you a clutch pedal that feels like video game when used with the usual NA clutch disk, PP, helper spring

In other words, it sucks.
couldn't disagree more.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All over the place? I like to think of it more as Porsche 993 Class 101! Come on folk's I'm learning here, I'm Learning Here!

Further the 993 reminds me of the 63 Vette where the Coupe is valued more than the convertable. Seems that the 993 Cabriolet's cost less then the Coupe's.

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 09-04-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:00 AM
mpruden
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
couldn't disagree more.
Quad - There's some misunderstanding here.

You must think I'm talking about the complete turbo assisted clutch system sucking. That's not the case. I'm sure the complete system works great. I'm saying that a specific mix of some turbo and some NA components result in a mismatched system that was never designed to work together and is difficult to drive.

I'm in a unique position to say that the turbo hydraulic clutch assistance + the stronger NA helper spring + the weaker NA springs on the PP = a mismatched system that sucks. The PO of my car tried it. Interesting theory, but bad result.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by mpruden
Quad - There's some misunderstanding here.

You must think I'm talking about the complete turbo assisted clutch system sucking. That's not the case. I'm sure the complete system works great. I'm saying that a specific mix of some turbo and some NA components result in a mismatched system that was never designed to work together and is difficult to drive.

I'm in a unique position to say that the turbo hydraulic clutch assistance + the stronger NA helper spring + the weaker NA springs on the PP = a mismatched system that sucks. The PO of my car tried it. Interesting theory, but bad result.
oh I see, my apologies.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:06 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
You may know that last bit, I didn't!

Last year generally any car is made is also the most sorted. And a Coupe is not imperative as I have been seeing al lot of Targa's but I know most will say they are a whee heavy.

So then I will look for a 97 instead.

This is the weirdest thing, as of late if it said S it meant it had more power so coming from that time and space and idiom I just thought the S had more power. But just wider Hips? Perhaps Levi's should put a big *** S on the rear pocket's of all their women's jeans that are so large - where I do not know. Apple Bottom Jeans will automatically have an S on all of their Jeans!

I just want a garage weekend driven queen that may have received a yearly detailing. I see nicely priced options but they are generally in the 70K to 100K+ mile range. And I wish not having to rebuild an engine because after all we are talking about performance cars. The less owner's the better and no Ayrton Senna wanna be's in that group either.

These cars even with OBD-II don't have over rev counter's do they?
Sounds like more homework should be the top priority on your list...
Old 09-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by nine9six
Sounds like more homework should be the top priority on your list...
That is easy for you to say. I would need a class to do homework in the first place. Just plain Studying and guidance by a great group of guys who know their stuff is all I need. Thank you.

Just seems that Porsche changed a lot after they went to water cooling and the naming schema and adding more power to the S model's - where in the past it was just a bigger ***! I know a lot more from the 997.1/997.2/991 and Buick 3.8 Turbo side of things. But I just recently was turned on by the great 993. In 2009 and 2010 I was aiming for a 993 Turbo but I also wanted a current 997.2 or 991 Turbo for me and my now ex. I learned a good leason from waiting too long on the 993 Turbo.

But as many have pointed out that the 993 Turbo Market is starting to become a crowded house. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the 993 Turbo Valuation and Market's to contract because of everyone who own's one is trying to cash in. So I wouldn't be too surprised that the Turbo's to decline in value.

I've seen plenty of 97 Carrera Cabriolets with less than 40K miles and at great prices and with recent services such as belt service et al because by in large these are owner's REALLY take care of their cars even with temperature controlled garages and one owner. But em I going to have break down and get a Cabriolet?

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 09-04-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Jarg1
Racer

But as many have pointed out that the 993 Turbo Market is starting to become a crowded house. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the 993 Turbo Valuation and Market's to contract because of everyone who own's one is trying to cash in. So I wouldn't be too surprised that the Turbo's to decline in value.

I've seen plenty of 97 Carrera Cabriolets with less than 40K miles and at great prices and with recent services such as belt service et al because by in large these are owner's REALLY take care of their cars even with temperature controlled garages and one owner. But em I going to have break down and get a Cabriolet?
I doubt you'll see much of a decline in 993 Turbo prices, but they may stop rising for a while depending on how the economy does.

The cabs are certainly better deals, but I think it is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison with the coupes - I'm not sure that many people would be cross shopping the two variants.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:30 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just seems that Porsche changed a lot after they went to water cooling and the naming schema and adding more power to the S model's - where in the past it was just a bigger ***!

I've seen plenty of 97 Carrera Cabriolets with less than 40K miles and at great prices and with recent services such as belt service
Or, visit 356 Land, where an S, Super, whathaveyou was used as far back as about 60 years ago.

Zero idea what a 993 belt service is. Belt replacement, sure. But that's beyond minor in the overall scheme of things.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Belt Service DOES NOT COMPUTE - is your intelligence some kind of programming compiler?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:22 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Belt Service DOES NOT COMPUTE - is your intelligence some kind of programming compiler?
You're the one who put belt service in Post #51. Feel free to ignore anything I post.........
Old 09-04-2015, 09:10 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
You're the one who put belt service in Post #51. Feel free to ignore anything I post.........
Just ignore the guy, he is a troll. He posts on just about every subforum on rennlist. I have seen him on other forums as well. He is always claiming he is going to buy a particular car but never does and probably never will.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:41 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 250 Posts
Default Can someone point me...

Allow me to close this out..

Want an investor car? Find a c2s with as few miles as you can afford.

Want a driver? Find a c2, pick one, any one, and go for a test drive. If you drive it and love it, you are hooked, buy the car... If you don't love it, go look at the newer cars, better value for your money (on paper anyway)

[/thread]
Old 09-05-2015, 02:04 AM
FDBG
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the intended use? Around town, spirited, track?
Old 09-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by pirahna
Just ignore the guy, he is a troll. He posts on just about every subforum on rennlist. I have seen him on other forums as well. He is always claiming he is going to buy a particular car but never does and probably never will.
Actually I only post in about 5 forums here. You might have seen me years ago at High School Musical 6 Speed online. And if you knew what a troll was you would see a lot more of my threads closed by now. I don't go around arguing with people; as a matter of fact I try to avoid it. But the times I feel I want to point something out like this time I get labelled a troll.

My issue with race911, and I knew my response would draw such Ire, is I say belt service and then oh no, gee whiz there is no such thing - let me point that out to him. And there is no easy way of going about telling him "Really, dude you're making it a point to point that out - and that makes me a better person how?" Though I will admit his response was not mean or upsetting in any way. Which in turn has made me change my thought's on the fellow.

And how do you know what car's I do and don't have? One thing that pisses me off about these forums are the Congratulation's on your new 918 you were rich enough to pay for one. It's not like your a new dad!

And another thing that reminds me of all the Computer nerd forums who's user's always have the latest and greatest computer hardware and have to list every computer component in their signature; dude you're a geek and your computer became too slow the minute you bought it! That goes the same for every car someone one has owned here - 51 Chevy Truck "Stovebolt", 58 Edsel. All it is is Your Car ownership Dick Measuring. And the only picture's I will ever post are if I have any children out Moral Imperative. I don't owe it to anyone to prove what I own.

Now that I have seen his response because of quotation's, even though there are no such things as belt service's on Porsche's. Race911 is a awright in my book.

And you have made an incorrect assessment of me. I just wish it didn't take this entire post to convey that.

So have a nice day. I have no Ire against you... Just a little posting so I'm going to end it right here.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:42 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

^^^ I'm not even going to go in to rebut quote-by-quote, other than to say most everything you've inquired about has been asked and answered for the 20 years these models have been on the road, or the conclusions you've drawn have pretty much been fundamentally incorrect.

Quick Reply: Can someone point me...