Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: Bavarian Sex On Wheels!

Old 08-23-2015, 01:28 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 253 Posts

I've decided to keep my e39 M5, at least for a few more years. 145k miles and very few maintenance issues. Still one of the best balanced and powerful NA cars I've driven; that's why I'm keeping it. Similar reason why I've kept my 993 instead of one of the new models; they don't make them like that anymore. One advantage of all the new cars increasing in size is I can now park my e39 in the compact only spaces at work. A new Toyota Corolla next to me was about the same size as my e39.

In the past, I used my M5 year round. I just swapped on the rims with snow tires and it got around in any weather. However since it's been lowered on Bilstein's it turns into a snow plow for anything more than 3 or 4". To me there's still just something about the older M's that's been lost on the turbo versions.

One night I was pulling into a convenience store for gas and simultaneously an e28 M5 and an e34 M5 pulled in. What are the chances. While we talked, several teenagers came out of the store and started snapping photos of the three generations of M's together. Pretty cool.

Not a comparison to air cooled, but I found this writeup when I was looking for my 996TT. It's a fun read.

http://www.heumann.com/comparo/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: Bavarian Sex On Wheels!