Sponsored by:

Vacuum line identification request for Vram Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 12:54 AM
knorrena
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Vacuum line identification request for Vram Conversion

I accidentally ripped off the label I attached to a vacuum line and would appreciate a bit of help identifying it so I can complete my project. The project is a varioram conversion, so my car is a late '95 C2.

The line goes into the wiring harness bottom drivers side corner indicated by the end of my finger in the included picture. Its long enough that it could be either for the fuel pressure regulator or into the rubber vacuum distribution tree.

Intuitively it goes into the tree, because I think its the line for heat solenoid. If you could shed some light I would be grateful. I say intuitively because I thought that the fuel pressure regulator gets a straight vacuum off the front of the vram manifold.

I read the vacuum line map thats all over the web, but it confused me more than helped me because it shows the fule pressure regulator attached to a solenoid. Frankly this scared the crap out of me because I dont recall a solenoid attached to the FPR.

Cheers,

Karl
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2015, 02:21 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If memory serves, that vacuum line runs out of the engine bay toward the front of the car. If you confirm this, your loose line connects to the tree.

Cheers
Joe
Old 04-09-2015, 08:38 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 250 Posts

The vacuum line for the resirculation flap under (in) the dashboard runs along the wiring harness from the engine bay to the front. I guess this is the only line that is routed into the wiring harnesses.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 04-09-2015, 11:54 AM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep. That line (going to the harness) is for the AC Recir valve in the front of the car. I recalled it hooks up to the 4-way Tee (the one that normally fails) on the vram conversion.

Your fuel pressure regulator also need to be connected up to the vac line. It doesn't connect to any solenoid.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:18 PM
knorrena
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks all.

Quick Reply: Vacuum line identification request for Vram Conversion