Cabriolet top adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 03:06 AM
pegdrag
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Motivator
mespirt87,
do have any more info on how to adjust the threaded rods?
my top has started not latching down on the passenger side, without some help by hand.
I hope that is just that it is not far enough forward.
thanks
Does this help you with the rods?

http://p-car.com/diy/cabtop/

I think the key phrase for you in that article is "Once the slot is in the right position, replace the washers (copper goes closest to the gear/slot, then the steel, then the arm, then the 19mm bolt and washer). Tighten the bolt. Now, raise the top (or lower it) just a bit until the two sides are aligned with each other. Be careful not to go too far."
Old 04-12-2015, 09:27 AM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I've messed with my top so much that it fits perfectly now. I think each top has its own inherited issues. The best thing I've found is just try adjusting the bolt/mechanism you see to see what it does. The trick to this, be very careful and methodical. If all goes bad, be able to put everything back to where you started.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:20 PM
pegdrag
Rennlist Member

Default Hours invested in the top seal!

Its so close now after hours of adjustment and testing.

Wind noise down to almost nothing, but still a tiny hitch as I close the door with the window up on the drivers side. The passenger door and window closes flawlessly. I don't have any more adjustment of the upper door seal left.

I'm thinking of removing the rubber and bending the metal support for the seal.
The silver piece in the picture below. Other, more clever thoughts?

Old 04-19-2015, 11:41 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

You can adjust the window from going up too high. This requires taking off the door card and adjusting the window stop. There is also an adjustment to move the window in or out (looking from the back of the door). This can be done by removing an oval shaped rubber cap in the back of the door to expose an allen bolt. This allen bolt can be loosened (not removed) and will allow a slight back and forth motion. When I did this, I followed the suggestion of putting a piece of paper between the window seal and closing the door. When pulling the paper out, keep a good feel for the tension. You want the seal to "grip" with the same tension at various points along the window seal.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:06 AM
pegdrag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ble2011
You can adjust the window from going up too high. This requires taking off the door card and adjusting the window stop. There is also an adjustment to move the window in or out (looking from the back of the door). This can be done by removing an oval shaped rubber cap in the back of the door to expose an allen bolt. This allen bolt can be loosened (not removed) and will allow a slight back and forth motion. When I did this, I followed the suggestion of putting a piece of paper between the window seal and closing the door. When pulling the paper out, keep a good feel for the tension. You want the seal to "grip" with the same tension at various points along the window seal.

I'll take a look at that next then, but its clearly an issue with the top. The top seal is just slightly lower than it should be at that spot.

However, if I lower the window just a tiny bit it would clear and the seal would be fine. It is literally 1/16 of an inch off. Just enough that when the door closes, the window catches on the edge of the seal.

What's the door card?

I presume that I'm adjusting this?

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...r-windows.html

I appreciate the help, btw!

Quick Reply: Cabriolet top adjustment