Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Los Angeles Annual Porsche Lit/Toy/Memorabilia Meet coming up on March 7th, 2015!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 12:40 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 343 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Kika
I'm going to try and hit up Steve Hogue and Callas tomorrow mid day. Hopefully I'll have time to get to the lit and toy show on sat too.

Hope to see some Rennlisters this weekend!
You know I'll be at Callas this afternoon too. After lunch.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Gillesdesvallois
I ll wish I could catch a plane !!
Thanks for reminding me of the wonderful colors of the Porsches in your collection. I'll try to take lots of photos and hopefully will post them here. That saves you the trip from lovely France!

Originally Posted by cgfen
Thanks Eduardo.
You are welcome.

Presently at a Noah's Bagel in Manhattan Beach ready to start our journey today to the open houses - Wilhoit, etc. Just a fabulous/glorious sunny day in Southern California. Visibility is so good I can see Hawaiii clearly from this vantage point!

Saludos,
Eduardo
I Love LA!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
You know I'll be at Callas this afternoon too. After lunch.
Got my corner bakery box lunch. Turkey sandwich.

Had to get back to the office so I didn't stay too long. But there were quite a few cars there.
Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2015, 11:14 AM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Kika
Got my corner bakery box lunch. Turkey sandwich.

Had to get back to the office so I didn't stay too long. But there were quite a few cars there.
This is such a great event. Being new to the area I wasnt familiar with most of these shops. Visited Callas. Couldn't beleive my eyes that there were 4 959s there for service (one was owned by Walter Rohrl) and a couple Carrera GTs - oh and 911R serial #1 that was for sale for a mere $3.5m. What an amazing day. I seemed to have the same driving schedule as a white with red interior 993C4S. Anyone on here own this car? I drove my SC but will be driving the C4S today to visit more great shops.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:00 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It was a blast today. I have never seen it so crowded. This is good thing.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:10 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 343 Likes on 152 Posts

We just got home from other events. GREAT WEEKEND! It gets bigger and better every year. We did well as vendors too and got rid of a lot more of our collection. Next year we will need two tables, and helpers! It was not as crowded as usual for the early birds (when I took the picture about 7:30am), but at 9:30 the place was PACKED to the gills. That's when the lights flickered and went off for a moment or two right after the fire alarms stopped going off (Oh yeah,that too....). What a mess that would have been if they didn't come back on. It was PITCH black in there!

I scored a Chicken Pesto sammie at Callas'. Most folks who got there were surprised that lunch was provided. It almost ruined my dinner since we didn't get there till 2:30. The cookie was over the top!
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2015, 01:30 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I recognize a RLer in your panoramic pic
Originally Posted by RJT

Next year we will need helpers!
I can be trained ^^ ...or at least that's my wife's dream

You see this former customer of yours there? Presented in LA with a 1/43 scale set of specific 911 models Minichamps never made before, he now owns set #1 in a limited run of 911. The sets are in cooperation with a large Porsche Classic Center being built in the Netherlands. The man on the left is Mark Wegh of Porsche Gelderland. Each set is completed with a certificate of authority & a history booklet about the original Porsches.

For more information (including purchase price & contact information): click here.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Annual Porsche Lit/Toy/Memorabilia Meet coming up on March 7th, 2015!