Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PORSCHE 993 BILLET VALVE COVERS... Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 06:23 AM
Freksen
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PORSCHE 993 BILLET VALVE COVERS... Any good?

Have anyone purchased these “PORSCHE 993 BILLET VALVE COVERS” from EagleDay, and can they be recommended?

http://www.eagleday.com/993bilovaco.html
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2003, 09:34 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Morten

Well, it'll be about a $500 bill by the time you buy the valve covers, gaskets, hardware and install them. A lot of green for parts you can't see w/o laying on your back under the car. It's not like a C5 Corvette where you can pop the hood and everyone will say, "cool".

I don't know anyone on the forum that has bought these. Probably are sold just for the racing guys?

All this being said, I think they look sweet and are on my cosmetic wish-list. Who wants to organize and negotiate the group buy??
Old 08-30-2003, 10:32 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I thougt about this since (in theory) aluminum will dissipate little more heat than plastic but why only lower covers?

They look kinda cool IMO.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Freksen
7th Gear

Hi Mike

It was the “never leak” which court my attention in the magazine excellence, and having just that (a leak) at the moment, did I have to investigate further… but yes, the price is a set back.

Flying Finn… as you properly have seen on their web page, then do they also advertise the upper covers… for “just” another 500 US$

EagleDay & SernaSport are apparently the same, and SS are offering the lower covers for 450 US$ on e-bay.

A total of approx 1000 US$ to keep you cool & tight…

Mike, how many is a group, and how much discount do you believe it would justify?
Old 08-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OK,

That makes sense (and you could see them fron engine compartment...)
Old 08-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to a person with authority to give me a price for the valve covers at EagleDay maybe a couple of months ago. I did so after communicating with a fellow Rennlister Member who I thought had an interest in coordinating a group buy. I was then and am now only willing to deal with the company selling the product to set a price and the terms and conditions of the group buy.

I am not willing right now to coordinate another group buy. I think another member who has not done one should have the fun. I did the group buy for the AC Jackstands and the Autometrics Jackpoints and Towhooks.

I'm not certain but a think the price I was quoted was $350 per pair which included the gaskets too. Again I'm not certain on the price.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:55 AM
Freksen
7th Gear

Hi Ron

I hear what you are saying and understand your position. I would however like to know what kind of terms & conditions you obtained in your previous two group buys – quantity, down payment, etc.?

Personally do I not believe that I would be the right candidate to approach an American company, being a Dane by birth, and living in Hong Kong.

At a price of $350 per pair would I commit for the full upper & lower set.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:35 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Morten,

On the AC Jackstands, I think we got 20% off but I'm not sure it could have been more or less. The vendor shipped to each individual buyer who paid individually by check or credit card. I think about 72 units were sold, most people bought 4 stands. The vendor sold out his stock of the item at the time.

On the Autometrics deal we saved 15%. All checks were sent to me. I then paid for the items and shipped them. Each participant then reimbursed me for exact cost of shipping. I think we purchased about 14 or so or those items. Whatever it was Autometrics also sold out their stock of these items.

Edited: I forgot to add the that one of the conditions was that each participant be a Rennlist member. I didn't check to make sure they were; it was just done on the honor system.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:42 AM
Freksen
7th Gear

Ron

Thanks for your info. I am still hoping that more 993 owners will be showing interest in order to obtain a group.
If not will I maybe change my strategy, and suggest EagleDay to move the production out here - “China” – but let’s see.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE 993 BILLET VALVE COVERS... Any good?