PSS-9 Collar Sellout

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Default PSS-9 Collar Sellout

When I was installing my PSS-9's a while back, I designed and machined a PSS-9 collar solution that I used on my car. At the same time a few fellow 993 owners here in Vancouver where considering the PSS-9's and needed the same solution, so I made up a batch. I still have some left and would like to get them out of my shop.

My understanding is that Bilstien is now charging for the retrofit kits (from the last report $150!). I am asking $120US+shipping. That just covers the cost of manufacturing. This includes the collars, gaskets and stainless steel spacers. No problems shipping to Europe as well given Bilstein is not doing anything for you guys over there. I don't plan to make anymore so once these are gone that's it!

There are pictures of the collars on the Zulo website :

Zulo Worx

Send me an email if you are interested and I can quote the exact shipping costs.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 08-21-2003, 08:28 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

For edification, I purchased these before Bilstein realized that they were recommended. The pieces described above are very well made, and fit perfectly. The only problem was deciding to hide these works of art by installing them. The PSS 9s work very well now, after a height adjustment.
Thanks again Mike, it was a pleasure getting them from you. I'm looking forward to your next product.

Chuck
Old 08-21-2003, 11:09 PM
User 4621
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 326 Posts

Mike,

Are these copies of the ones that Rennlisters Jim Morton and Steve Weiner designed?
Old 08-22-2003, 01:14 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi Pete,

No but they do solve the same problem. Jim and I have discussed this offline and although we differ in opinion we agreed to leave it at that. Its all a mute issue now that Bilstien produces them. RUF also has been producing a solution for their PSS-9 based solution for quite a while as well.

I only produced a small batch, and I thought rather than having the last few sets sitting in a box in my shop that they would be more usefull on someones car...

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: PSS-9 Collar Sellout