Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
Default HWFM Racing Wearables update and other news

Hello Teammates

The shirts are being printed.

I've been told that I will have the finished shirts by Friday the 15th. I will then send them out by first class mail over the weekend.

Please send your checks and shipping info to the address I sent you (if you haven't already).

Sorry that my PM box has been full. If you need to reach me, reply to this thread and I'll send you my contact info.

Close to 50 teammates have placed orders for various paraphanalia. While we may not be making a huge impact in the timing and scoring booth, we will have a huge fashion impact on tracks all across America.

Other news:
Some of our left coasters are looking into printing up a HWFM banner for their gatherings in order to turn their local paddocks into Turtle Ponds.

Future gatherings:
We'll be at the Road America Club Race and DE Labor Day weekend. One highlight will be the official posting of our team sticker on the hallowed walls of Seibken's bar in beautiful downtown Elkhart Lake. We expect to have at least 8 or 10 drivers that weekend.

Three weeks later, a large group will convene at Putnam Park for a DE and Club Race. Even the First Mate himself and other Texas Turtles will be traveling up from Houston for that one.

The next weekend, we'll have a HWFM contingent at Indy for the two SuperCup races.
We will take over grandstand H on Saturday. Sunday will be a little harder to all sit together because there is some open wheel car race in addition to the SuperCup race.

Any other gatherings happening in your vicinity?

Take it slow.

Last edited by Mike in Chi; 08-07-2003 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HWFM Racing banner for the CA crowd will be available tomorrow. It will make it's debut at either the PCA Time Trial at Thunderhill this weekend (if I can get it into Kim's hands) or at the Bay Area drive Sunday morning. We'll post a picture.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Tom

That's great.

Fly it proudly. But be aware, those banners are chick magnets, and you may not be able to work on your cars for all the groupies.

Looking forward to seeing the pix
Old 08-07-2003, 08:11 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by Mike in Chi
Fly it proudly. But be aware, those banners are chick magnets, and you may not be able to work on your cars for all the groupies.
Yeah, that is a major problem for us at these track events. So many groupies we have had to hire security. Must have been why I was so slow last race.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:01 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. Can't wait to unexpectedly run into a fellow turtle only recognizable by what they are wearing or a banner they are hanging .
Old 08-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Princeton

Sometimes you can recognize a fellow turtle by his or her laptimes.

Greg

Hiring security is a good idea. They would have to check credentials for all area...errr... pond clearance.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Greg Fishman
Yeah, that is a major problem for us at these track events. So many groupies we have had to hire security. Must have been why I was so slow last race.
I was wondering why all those hot South Beach latino chicks were all over the place at Moroso, I couldn't even tune my suspension and ended up with too much understeer!
So it was HWFMR cap & stickers that did it...
Old 08-08-2003, 09:20 AM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

I sent a PM a while back for a T-shirt (XL) and a hat, but haven't seen a reply. Did you get it?
Old 08-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Jeff

Check your PM box

Quick Reply: HWFM Racing Wearables update and other news