Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Is my dream slipping away from me because of the increasing prices of 993s?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM
dboeren
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Mpls
For the OP and the other people who are looking to buy: I'm a firm believer in karma. Get your affairs in order and the right car will show up at the right time for you.
I once heard a wise saying "Trust in God, but tie your camel". My strategy has always been a combination of karma + persistence and it usually works pretty well.

As luck (or karma) would have it, I just got the green light from my wife last night to start officially looking (instead of just window-shopping) and earlier today I sent a query about a car that looks pretty good. Currently waiting to hear back from the owner whether it's still available and to answer some of my questions.

Wish me luck, guys. We're all in this together.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:51 PM
ehanauer
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

If you are looking for an investment buy Apple stock (but not because I told you). If you are looking for a great car to drive, buy a 993.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:24 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

For me its not about making money when I sell but rather about being able to use the car however I want without fear of destroying its value. I've owned mine for 10 years and have taken it to the track dozens of time, autocrossed it for 5 years and taken it on several roadtrips. If I put it up for what I bought it for, I'm pretty sure it would be gone before the top of the hour. I don't see that changing anytime soon regardless of the economy- I think another crash will just limit the pool of buyers. Those that are smart and manage their money correctly know that will be the best time to ****** one up before we see another value increase. The 997 GT3 market is even crazier due to the issues with the 991 GT3. My RS has increased in value so much in the six months that I've owned it I could cash out and buy another 993 just with the increase. I won't do that though- I bought it for the same reasons I bought the 993....to use and enjoy.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:14 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People have short memories.... Remeber what happened to price of supercars when the bubble burst? I see this happening at some point. I never bought the RS as investment, it just so happened that internet was in its infancy and I bought the car having seen it on mobile.de. I don't see my RS going down to the price I bought it for even if the bubble bursts. If 993 is a stretch then buy the 997. FORGET the 996 - hate the style with a vengeance....

Quick Reply: Is my dream slipping away from me because of the increasing prices of 993s?