Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 clone on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 03:07 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I inspected this car for a member a little over a year ago. I can send the report to anyone who's interested.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Neat car. I remember a very colorful exchange here between owners...
Probably referring to this thread
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=70244

Certainly has seen the back of a few garage in the last few years.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:31 PM
esses
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tempted to click the 'make an offer' button for $1
Old 05-13-2014, 07:27 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
We went around on this recently. Clubsports or Motorsports? If Clubsports, then TWO ex-sellers/servicers of the product have given me incorrect information.
Ken, no problem getting my clubsports serviced at the local guys (Paragon) up here. Highly debatable given all the other factors involved if the motorsports (or any other current 2-3 way shocks) are going to make any of us mortals measurably faster. But that's another topic

In any case, cool car and appears to have been done largely right (too bad about the 'replica' 996 cup seats). Would be nice to have a look at it in person.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
We went around on this recently. Clubsports or Motorsports? If Clubsports, then TWO ex-sellers/servicers of the product have given me incorrect information.
Yes, we've been around this yet you still keep adding incorrect information. Moton is still in business and still services their shocks be it Clubsport or Motorsport. I sent Brian Hanchey at AST/Moton an email this afternoon to confirm.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I see this car at Cars & Coffee and other north Texas events. I found it strange that the interior is full race yet it retained the sunroof. Otherwise, looks like a rowdy car.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Ken, no problem getting my clubsports serviced at the local guys (Paragon) up here. Highly debatable given all the other factors involved if the motorsports (or any other current 2-3 way shocks) are going to make any of us mortals measurably faster. But that's another topic

In any case, cool car and appears to have been done largely right (too bad about the 'replica' 996 cup seats). Would be nice to have a look at it in person.
Originally Posted by Paddy
Yes, we've been around this yet you still keep adding incorrect information. Moton is still in business and still services their shocks be it Clubsport or Motorsport. I sent Brian Hanchey at AST/Moton an email this afternoon to confirm.
OK, that's great to know. Now, why would two Moton dealers (one here and a forum contributor, the other an absolute expert in the setup business) tell me different circa end of last year?

12/20/13 and obviously heavily redacted since it's from our local, private email list:

This shop was no longer supporting the Moton product line. MCS parts may be able to work on Motorsport, not Clubsport. USA aka AST aka Hanchey failed on competitive pricing and support due to lack of inventory in the US. They have almost zero repair part inventory in the US.

What extra information did I add?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm not going to argue with you Ken. I'm sure Steve and Lex have great insight into the world of dampers, both are standup guys who I respect. The fact of the matter is Moton is in business and doing rebuilds on their dampers as of 5/13/14 per Brian Hanchey.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:01 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paddy
I'm not going to argue with you Ken. I'm sure Steve and Lex have great insight into the world of dampers, both are standup guys who I respect. The fact of the matter is Moton is in business and doing rebuilds on their dampers as of 5/13/14 per Brian Hanchey.
OK, here's what I sent to sales@astsuspensionsusa.com

Hello,

I have a Moton Clubsport equipped Porsche 993 built by Steve Weiner of Rennsport Systems circa 2003. I've never serviced the shocks, nor do I believe the previous owner required any maintenance prior to my purchase of the car in 2007. It's been a low use track-only car, with probably under 4000 total miles on the shocks. Presently the car is apart having sustained minor accident damage, and I've thought it would be a good time to have the shocks inspected/serviced for performance while the car is apart. However, late last year when I inquired with both Steve, and my local contact Tony Colicchio, I was told the Clubsports were no longer being supported. Is this true? I can certainly move on to something else if this is the case, however other Moton users I run into on Rennlist claim you are offering support both at your facility and at least one other independent shop.

Please clarify, and let me know how best to proceed.

Ken Shahoian
Old 05-13-2014, 10:14 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Quick reply:

Hi Ken,

Thanks for contacting us regarding your AST / MOTON needs. There has been a management change recently and we are currently going through transition. However, we are definitely still supporting all AST and MOTON kits.

We have an authorized AST/MOTON service and rebuild center that we are working with
http://www.maxcyspeedco.com/

Due to our transition, we are currently sending all services and rebuilds to them to assist us during this time.

Please feel free to contact them to get a quote for rebuilding your shocks or any services needed.

Thank you and let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Michelle Tang

AST Suspension USA
970 George Street Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
Phone: (408) 748-1003 | Fax: (408) 988-6107
www.astsuspensionusa.com
Follow us on Facebook!
Old 05-14-2014, 05:12 AM
sl951
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just take or send your shocks to http://performanceshock.com. They're located at Infineon Raceway, Sonoma.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:06 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know if this car sold?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:17 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 568 Likes on 204 Posts

It certainly doesn't appear so...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...US_Cars_Trucks