Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible to identify LWF with engine in car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 04:39 PM
L23FPorsche
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Too funny that I ended up with a DMF off of one of Roger's cars. Maybe he can refresh my/our memory on what I bought for something like $100. Was when he was clearing out the garage for the move down South.
You are correct. I went through all of his threads and saw that he had sold the DMF for $100. Car had 46k miles. Good score!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:51 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Tom, been away for a few days. Congrats on getting Robin's car, it's nearly a legend in the pcar world, I hope it treats you well. I sent you a pm with some recollections on the car. Be glad you didn't get the car with the LWF I had on my shelf. For some reason it failed within about 1k miles and started slipping. Had to re-do it and all is well know but sure didn't like paying for two clutches in short order. I highly recommend the LWF though, it makes the car quite peppy and easier to rev match for down shifts. I've got very little marbles-in-a-can sounds even with the RS motor mounts but ymmv. Shoot me a pm if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Roger
Old 02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
I have a LWF and do not experience extraneous noises from the clutch. I don't think you can rely on clutch noises to determine if you have the LWF. However, there is a noticeably quick drop in revs when off pedal and it spools up fairly quickly. I would suspect you should be able to tell if you have a LWF based on these symptoms.
I would describe my LWF the same way.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
L23FPorsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1pcarnut
Hi Tom, been away for a few days. Congrats on getting Robin's car, it's nearly a legend in the pcar world, I hope it treats you well. I sent you a pm with some recollections on the car. Be glad you didn't get the car with the LWF I had on my shelf. For some reason it failed within about 1k miles and started slipping. Had to re-do it and all is well know but sure didn't like paying for two clutches in short order. I highly recommend the LWF though, it makes the car quite peppy and easier to rev match for down shifts. I've got very little marbles-in-a-can sounds even with the RS motor mounts but ymmv. Shoot me a pm if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Roger
Roger,

Thanks for getting back to me and answering the questions. This really is a lovely car and has been so well taken car of. The motor will come out to have the clutch renewed and then perhaps the slippery slope.
Strange that the first attempt failed. Sounds like the disc got contaminated. Regardless two clutch jobs in a very short time sounds expensive.
I'll shoot you a PM with a couple more questions.

Thanks again,
Tom
Old 02-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...rsion-kit.html

No affiliation.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:36 PM
L23FPorsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kika
This looks like a pretty good deal but not really an apple to apples comparison to the Pelican kit. The clutch disc on the Pelican kit is spring centered and quite a bit more money. Will the solid center work on a single mass?

Quick Reply: Possible to identify LWF with engine in car?