Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Got mine in the mail. Thank you!
Old 06-19-2016, 11:26 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 993 HiFi and Standard Door Pocket Reinforcements

HiFi and Standard Door Pocket Reinforcements
If you are interested in a set of HiFi or Standard door pocket reinforcements (next trip to post office will be Friday, 24th June):
  • Post to this thread first (and indicate HiFi or Standard door pocket)
  • Follow up with a PM that has your name and mailing address (use a browser, not one of the mobile apps)
Then I will add you to the list. $10 per HiFi set, $11 per Standard set. And this includes shipping to the US via USPS. Add $10 if shipping to Canada. PM me if you are not in the US or Canada.
No items get shipped until PayPal payment received.
When you complete the 2 steps above, I will PM you a link for paying with PayPal.
If I receive your payment by Thursday June 23rd at 8PM CST your item will ship on Friday, June 24th.

Current list of members for HiFi and Standard door pocket reinforcements:
  1. MarinS4 - HiFi
  2. will007 - HiFi
  3. tkm - Standard
BTB

Originally Posted by jskylarwilson
Got mine in the mail. Thank you!
You are welcome. Post a picture when you get it done. Along with yours, most of the batch I sent out on Friday June 3rd were delivered on Monday June 6th. Sometimes the USPS is damn good.

Last edited by BesideTheBox; 06-19-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 06-20-2016, 10:40 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Default Monday bump

Monday bump. Anyone else?

Originally Posted by BesideTheBox
If you are interested in a set of HiFi or Standard door pocket reinforcements (next trip to post office will be Friday, 24th June):
  • Follow up with a PM that has your name and mailing address (use a browser, not one of the mobile apps)
Then I will add you to the list. $10 per HiFi set, $11 per Standard set. And this includes shipping to the US via USPS. Add $10 if shipping to Canada. PM me if you are not in the US or Canada.
When you complete the 2 steps above, I will PM you a link for paying with PayPal.
If I receive your payment by Thursday June 23rd at 8PM CST your item will ship on Friday, June 24th.

1. MarinS4 - HiFi - PayPal received
  2. will007 - HiFi - PayPal received
  3. tkm - Standard - PayPal received
BTB
Old 06-20-2016, 05:33 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

So, has anyone tried regular crazy glue to attach these reinforcements to the pocket? I got the pocket off the door and don't have any epoxy handy.

The other question is that by my estimations the hole ends up really, really close to the top of the reinforcement piece. Does anyone has a pic with a hole drilled?
Old 06-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Soicowboy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey BtB....can I get the standard door pocket reinforcement. Thx.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:46 PM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Hi nile13,

Regarding glue, I would wait until you can get some black plumber's ABS cement. The pocket and the reinforcement are ABS, and that glue is designed to fuse the two pieces together for a permanent bond.
nine9six believes that Lok-Tite plastic epoxy should do the job.
kjr914 found that jbweld epoxy had not held a previous repair job.

You have the HiFi door pocket. A rough measurement of my HiFi doorpocket puts the center of the hole about 10 mm down from the top. Go with the location of the existing hole if you can.

BTB

Originally Posted by nile13
So, has anyone tried regular crazy glue to attach these reinforcements to the pocket? I got the pocket off the door and don't have any epoxy handy.

The other question is that by my estimations the hole ends up really, really close to the top of the reinforcement piece. Does anyone has a pic with a hole drilled?
Old 06-20-2016, 11:19 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks!

Some of the HD stores carry Oatey's ABS cement and most seem to carry LockTite plastic epoxy. I think single-compound should be easier to deal with, but will pick up whatever's in store on my next run.

The hole seems closer to the top on mine while lining things up, but will look-see once the repair plate is attached. I just want to make sure the plate doesn't crack when I drill the hole close to the edge.

One more thing that struck me as a possible helper product. Longer prongs to attach to the ones on the door pocket - those prongs go inside the door handle. Not sure how much extra height is available there, but that would be a good way to hold the pocket in place even better.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:39 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Default 993 Door Pocket Reinforcements - Tuesday Bump

4. Soicowboy - Standard - CANADA - PayPal received
BTB
Old 06-21-2016, 11:26 AM
uniquenamehere
Three Wheelin'

Received 149 Likes on 101 Posts

Got mine installed yesterday... thanks again BTB!
Old 06-22-2016, 09:28 AM
george stamos
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I don't have access to PMs for some reason (maybe due to me being a new member)?. Is there another way I can contact you maybe via email, paypal? Desperate to get hold of the brackets for my 964 C2 (sorry I realise that this is a 993 subject but hoping you can help).
If it's any help I've attached a link to my car from the seller's web site where there are some images of the door cards - I'm not sure if you can make out what type these are from the images but let me know please if there's another way I can show you. Thanks. My email / paypal address is yiorko@gmail.com
Old 06-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by george stamos
Hi, I don't have access to PMs for some reason (maybe due to me being a new member)?. Is there another way I can contact you maybe via email, paypal? Desperate to get hold of the brackets for my 964 C2 (sorry I realise that this is a 993 subject but hoping you can help).
If it's any help I've attached a link to my car from the seller's web site where there are some images of the door cards - I'm not sure if you can make out what type these are from the images but let me know please if there's another way I can show you. Thanks. My email / paypal address is yiorko@gmail.com
You have to have five or more posts in the general forums to access PMs. Sorry.

Welcome to Rennlist!
Old 06-22-2016, 10:45 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Default Mid week bump 993 door pocket reinforcements

4. Soicowboy - Standard - CANADA - PayPal received
BTB

Originally Posted by george stamos
Again, welcome to Rennlist. We need to communicate via PM, so contact me via PM when you have access.
Hopefully we can figure out a solution for your 964. I'd like to be able to offer a door pocket reinforcement solution for the earlier 911s.

BTB
Old 06-22-2016, 04:57 PM
2000VRM66
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to order two (2) sets of the HiFi version. Thx. -Wm.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:56 AM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Default Final bump

3. 2000VRM66 - HiFi - 2 sets - PayPal received
  4. tkm - Standard - PayPal received
  5. Soicowboy - Standard - CANADA - PayPal received
BTB
Old 06-25-2016, 12:11 PM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

993 door pocket reinforcements for the following Rennlisters shipped out yesterday (Friday).
These should arrive within a week or so.

Originally Posted by BesideTheBox
  3. 2000VRM66 - HiFi - 2 sets - PayPal received
  4. tkm - Standard - PayPal received
  5. Soicowboy - Standard - CANADA - PayPal received
BTB

Quick Reply: 993 Door Pocket Attachment Reinforcement