Sponsored by:

My application for HWFM

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 06:06 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My application for HWFM

I do not know if my qualifications will be worthy of this humble gathering of esteemed team members. Even today your AARP respesentative, Steve, posted of me "Run, do not walk, from viperbob. Sell your house; anything to get away from him". While I do exhibit the HWFM philosophy, it is typically when I am lapping people. I use racing tape on my headlights not as a tool to stop cracks, but as a weapon to allow others to see that I am in their rear view mirror and gaining (depending upon the color of your car, yellow or red works best). I have been driving Porsche's for years and was at one point an un-worthy PCA Zone instructor. I did however manage to destroy my 3.6 Turbo on the track beacuse I think I was not going fast enough (120 mph around that turn and into the tire wall, 130 and I might have made it even with a broken sway bar link). I could have been going faster, darn it!!!

If I am so honored with inclusion into this elite organization, I promise to wear my colors proudly..
Old 07-23-2003, 06:18 PM
YellowC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HWFM?
Old 07-23-2003, 06:20 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Hey Wait for Me Racing (HWFM)
Old 07-23-2003, 08:05 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Bob,

You're way too fast to be considered for normal membership in HWFM Racing. Your application fails to show the proper lack of respect for the esteemed team (hey... kinda catchy, ehh?). The only possibly thing you have going for you is that you are a total lunatic about modifying your car. This carries a great deal of weight in HWFM Racing, as does your air conditioned garage complete with refrigerator. The AARP Team Representative can be bribed into a positive vote with a couple of them Molsons you were mentioning elsewhere.

BTW, have you thought up a team position for yourself?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:22 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Well Steve, Dir of Team Mod is taken. How about Team Lunatic? This gives me the freedom to explore my dark side without violating the core values.

What do you think? (and yes I am not beyond bribery). Too bad you can not come up this weekend. Sounds like we are going to have 5-6 993 (yes most TTs) over to the house on Saturday for a little DIY and BEER. Promise the Molsen will be here for later in the month though Steve...
Old 07-23-2003, 08:27 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Bob,

Team Lunatic. Sounds just wrong enough to be right. You got my vote, contingent upon a couple of cold Molsons. I just got my car back from the body shop, and as disorganized as they were, the car came out perfect. Time for some mods, ehhhhh?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Viperbob

Your emphasis on speed is definitely two strikes against you. However you seem to enjoy life, laugh a lot and like spending inordinate amounts of money on cars. Besides, if you supply Steve with free beer, that meanss the rest of us don't have to, so you're in. Danny would you please add VB to the list?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:32 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

... air conditioned garage complete with refrigerator...
Bob
Forget Steve. He's just an old fart looking for free beer. It's Chi town Mike you need to suck up to ... he's the BIG TURTLE & he's got the inventory of hats in his trunk. I think a promise of open access to your garage, plus your wrenching skills when he breaks down in CA might go a long way. Putting him up for a couple of nights would clinch it. I'll fill out your official paperwork & make sure it doesn't get lost, as so many do, for just a night's lodging.

Edit: Mike, I'm trying really hard to negotiate deals for you across the nation, but you keep giving away memberships. It's like the deal we almost had w/Danny's cruise line for free team passage in exchange for you singing & recording elevator music of famous ad jingles, but you had to tell them you can't sing. You must be reading Prost's team owner's guidebook.

Last edited by Dan 96C2 St.Louis; 07-23-2003 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:37 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Dan,

Guilty as charged. I really have no redeeming qualities, which is why I was accepted in HWFM Racing in the first place. Anyway, step down a couple of threads and grab ahold of B-Line. He's way too fast for our team, but he tells a great story. And hell, I've done a few donuts on a cold track on a warm-up lap in my lifetime!
Old 07-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

The Big Turtle himself almost lost it in June at Putnam on a warm-up lap. But I managed to catch it, with the help of my windshield wipers being activated. I had two teammates behind me, much to their delight.

Dan- I love all the free stuff we get from the new guys. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:46 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Dan,

You have to vote for me. I grew up in St. Louis (Clayton, Ballwin, Chesterfield, and St. Chuck). Went to Wash U undergrad, and UMSL for grad school. Mid America Raceway in Wentzville was my first racetrack. I was one of the people they invited to bed in the origianal Gateway racetrack driving REAL slow before their first race.

OK, is that enough suck up?? I can continue.....
Thanks Dan...

Mike / Big T - life is too short to take seriously of not too have the most fun you can get. "Live for Today"!!!!!

Your pedewon turtle in waiting....

Last edited by viperbob; 07-23-2003 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

ViperBob

The team owner, the Big Turtle himself, sent a lot of money and a son to Wash U.

You're definitely in.

Last edited by Mike in Chi; 07-23-2003 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:02 PM
AW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but... Big Turtle?? He is way too fast and probably hits all apexes consistently...

Welcome Bob!

AW
Old 07-23-2003, 09:09 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

This is an auspicious moment (is that how you spell that word?) . Any HWFM member is always welcome at my humble place of residence before or after battle upon the race track.

We have limited beer (generally 5-6 cases) and generally can not stand wine under $40 per bottle (which we have another 10 cases or so in stock at any one time). Also, I stock some Louis the XIII Cognac for those uncivilized HWFM members along with Cuban Cigars. And then their is the BBQ where I cook small pigs, and 10 lb prime ribs.

OK, just kidding. Out here in CA, we can drink $30 per bottle wine...
Old 07-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Bob

You are way in on this team. Twenty team mates will be flying in to your place tomorrow.

BTW, way to go on "auspicious".

Quick Reply: My application for HWFM